SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Donghey go

Do they give you one per person now? They used to only give about 2 per room but we have 5 people in our room & may not always stay together. So each person would have to have their own bus pass I guess.

They only check one person in the party and they check it with a glance.

To get on the bus, one person from each party has to show their Id and the Shades green Id. They say how many are in their group. Each of the rooms in our party (three different rooms) were given 3 passes. Not only do the passes give you the standard privs they also indicate whether you have purchased any of the meal deals.

Last edited:
Anyone know if the AAFES store sells cases of water and how much they are
? Thats probably the only thing we would need to order from garden grocer, so if they sell them there, I won't bother.

Don't see any cases. Will look tomorrow. We got them on the way in. The Sunstate limos allows you to make a quick trip to a grocery store. We forgot until we passed through the gates of WDW, so we stopped at the gas station at the gates and picked up several cases of water there. Much cheaper then the 3 dollars per bottle in the park.

Just checked the Exchange and they only have individual bottles. Better to buy at a grocery store on the way or at the gas station at WDW parking lot gates. Dasani water bottle cases were $5 a piece at the start of this week at that gas station.

Just checked the Exchange and they only have individual bottles. Better to buy at a grocery store on the way or at the gas station at WDW parking lot gates. Dasani water bottle cases were $5 a piece at the start of this week at that gas station.

Thank you so much for checking, I really appreciate that!!!!!

Does anyone know how many of each suite type they have? (junior, family, palm etc....)

"Shades of Green also offers eleven Family Suite combinations. Five Family Suites sleep up to six guests and six Family Suites sleep up to eight guests. Because the number of Family Suites is very limited, these rooms reserve quickly. If interested in making a reservation for a Family Suite, we suggest you do so as soon as you confirm your vacation dates. Guest amenities in our Family Suites include a separate bedroom with King size bed and full-size bath, living area with two queen size sofa beds and additional full bath, dining table with chairs, microwave oven, coffeemaker, refrigerator, in-room safe, hair dryer, iron and ironing board."

The web site has a lot of specific details.

Can I assume I am not the only one who can no longer find the Online Booking link on the SOG website? I know I read last week it was going to be down for maintenance...but I thought that was last week? All I want to do is continue to check for my dates in December, which have yet to be available. Anybody else able to find a link for Online Reservations that works for SOG right now?

We were just down there and the systems were down for several days during our trip. They said they were updating their electronic record keeping systems. According to signs we couldn't charge anything. We could only do room charges or pay in cash. If you did a room charge, everything was just written down. They said it would only take two days but signs were still up day we left.

It may be related to that. Try calling them directly.

Can I assume I am not the only one who can no longer find the Online Booking link on the SOG website? I know I read last week it was going to be down for maintenance...but I thought that was last week? All I want to do is continue to check for my dates in December, which have yet to be available. Anybody else able to find a link for Online Reservations that works for SOG right now?

I had to call in to make a reservation yesterday, and was told I wouldn't even receive e mail confirmation of my reservation until after Wednesday when the computer system work was complete.

First post, first question. I suppose that I could call SOG, but I just thought that maybe someone has an answer to my question. My DH is retired Navy and will not be able to make our next trip. As the spouse of a retired military member will I be able to book rooms at SOG without him, the sponsor, being there?

Last edited:
First post, first question. I suppose that I could call SOG, but I just thought that maybe someone has an answer to my question. My DH is retired Navy and will not be able to make our next trip. As the spouse of a retired military member, will I be able to book rooms at SOG without him, the sponsor, being there?
Yes.
My husband is retired Marine Corps and I have stayed at Shades of Green without him, no problem Just make sure to bring your military ID.

First post, first question. I suppose that I could call SOG, but I just thought that maybe someone has an answer to my question. My DH is retired Navy and will not be able to make our next trip. As the spouse of a retired military member will I be able to book rooms at SOG without him, the sponsor, being there?

Yep and as others have said, as long as you have your id. It's addressed on the SOG web page faq's.

"Shades of Green also offers eleven Family Suite combinations. Five Family Suites sleep up to six guests and six Family Suites sleep up to eight guests. Because the number of Family Suites is very limited, these rooms reserve quickly. If interested in making a reservation for a Family Suite, we suggest you do so as soon as you confirm your vacation dates. Guest amenities in our Family Suites include a separate bedroom with King size bed and full-size bath, living area with two queen size sofa beds and additional full bath, dining table with chairs, microwave oven, coffeemaker, refrigerator, in-room safe, hair dryer, iron and ironing board."

The web site has a lot of specific details.

Thanks Pipkin! I have been searching for that info on there website and cannot find it. May i ask where you found that information? Thanks Again!

I figured I would post this as a warning to people staying at SOG. Uber is still very iffy there. Officially SOG allows UBER to pickup at the resort but they need to know the name of an official resort guest to get on property. In practice there is still a lot of confusion. There is no problem getting dropped off at the resort, as long as you have the proper Id, but pickup is a different matter.

Some guards force the Uber to meet you at the gatehouse. Not sure if it involves them not knowing the policies or them questioning whether that particular driver is "questionable." Some Ubers don't know they can even go near property so they just force an alternate pickup location at Poly.

We heard about all the issues from others so on the one day we needed a local Uber we made sure it was from somewhere off Shades property so that we didn't have to worry about timing or anything. We just did it from Disney Springs. The driver that dropped us off at Shades after our trip seemed to know the process and the guard.

So we have decided to add stays at a Disney resort on both sides of our SOG reservation. I know I will have to transport my luggage myself. I'm looking for suggestions for services to do so. It seems (as above) that Uber could be iffy and a pain. I've looked into Mears, which is expensive for what it is, but oh well. Any other suggestions? This is my first time staying at SOG and also doing a split stay.

TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter