~~~~ Sew, help me... A bittersweet "Epic Girls Trip"... January 2018! ~~~~ UPDATE 1/7!!~~

Isn't CP one that closes in between? Maybe not?

Hmmmm, that's a good question. The web site lists Breakfast from 8 am - 10:45 and lunch from 11:30 am to 2:45 pm. So open for both meals but with a gap between them.

Wearing the fall-type jacket that I am planning to bring with to Disney... I am hoping it's heavy enough

I think you should be OK since you are used to cooler weather. I've gone multiple times in Jan/Feb and I've seen weather in the 80s and also a few days that started out in the 20s and only went up in the 40s. Now that was cold! I wore two hoodies and bought a pair of $10 gloves at the Emporium. They were plain black gloves but the best $10 I spent that week! Now I pack a pair of gloves just in case during the colder seasons. So I guess what I'm saying with all this is just be prepared and bring layers.

And then... I am trying to do some "theme organizing"

I really need to start working on this for my two trips coming up! I currently have 9 bags but two are holiday themed so I've eliminated those for these trips. Then I have Dumbo coming in between the two trips which brings me to 8. My thought is to take 4 on each trip and just have a few duplicate days. Of course deciding which four for which trip is hard! My problem is I have too many "MK" bags.

Black Pluto - any park
Yellow Pluto - any park
Big Al - MK
Crush - Epcot or AK
Lion King - AK
Tiki Room - MK
Kermit - HS
Dumbo - MK

So looking at that, maybe I need to bring Kermit 2x and have 5 bags for one trip? Or just not worry about which parks the bags go best in? Sigh, I need to keep thinking about this LOL.

I know... I probably put too much thought into this. ::yes:: LOL

No you definitely don't! Reference my answer above. :rotfl:

Hi D! I just have to comment that your Dumbo ears and bag are AMAZING! The detailing is just incredible....you are just so talented! :worship: I can't wait to see how your outfits look when you are at Disney. I love to coordinate my outfits with the parks too!
I have been saving up to buy one of those expensive, leather purses at Disney (not sure if I can say it on here but the initials are D&B) the next time we go, but honestly I think I will pass on the D&B - I love your bags so much better! :love:

I love your photo shoot with Allison. You look very happy. And you also look very slim. I think the large tops make your legs look thinner.

Is that the Starbucks that Allison used to work at?

I love how you made the separate designs for each ear. That is very clever and will make your ears stand out.

Thank you Sue. :lovestruc I did have so much fun on that photo shoot... I need to learn to have more grace with myself regarding how I look - aka, not be so critical. LOL

Yes, it's the Starbucks Allison used to work at... And the one I always go to. May have to switch to Caribou... Though it's not the same.

Thanks! I am having way more fun making ears than I ever thought I would... The little canvas really offers some fun options that I don't get to do on bags. :)

I though I'd stop by before I leave for the day. We're going to Pa. to shop at the outlets. Both my winter coats have had it, so it's time to look for a new one. We also plan to do some Christmas shopping for my niece.
I hope your co workers can find something. I know so many people that really need their jobs at our store. I hope you find something that you really would like doing.
Your Dumbo ears and bag are really cute and he's my least favorite character. It was nice of your dad's friends to take him home after church.
Enjoy your Sunday
Liz

I hope you had fun shopping and were able to find yourself a new coat?

I hope so too... It's hard to see everyone just trying to struggle to find the right path for themselves.

Thanks!!! I love that Dumbo set - it just makes me happy looking at it. :)

Yes - it sure is nice to have people who can help out with Dad - even just the girls being able to chip in once in a while makes a huge difference. ::yes::

Thank you - same to you! :)

I am completely in love with your Dumbo ears and bag. I love all your creations, but those are super cute!
Oh, and I have been meaning to mention, thank you so much for talking about and recommending your Bosch dishwasher a while back. When I needed a new one recently, I said to myself that D~ always does lots of research and if you thought it was a great buy and love it, then I'm going to skip my usually tons of research and agonizing over a purchase and go for it. I love my new dishwasher! I can't believe how great it washes the dishes and how quiet it is.

Thanks! I really love them too! My favorite part is the colors and the "tent"... It just makes the whole thing unique, IMO. ::yes::

Ha!!! That is awesome! LOL... Yah - I am a little obsessive about my research when I am making a major (or minor) purchase! Glad you are liking your dishwasher - I still love mine, and we've had it for (going on) 2 years already.... I don't know how we lived so long with the terrible one we used to put up with? LOL I am not sure I could ever live in a house again without a Bosch dishwasher? I think I am spoiled? LOL

I'm so glad that taking your dad to church has become manageable and enjoyable for you :lovestruc It's so much easier to do things when they are manageable.

I can't wait to see the bag you are making. It's always fun to see what you have made.

I can imagine that it's difficult to make a new pair of ears after making the Dumbo ears that you are really happy with. It's like the standard is set higher for the next project after you've made a project that turned out really well.

In Norway it's fathers day today. So I bought some ecological 85% dark chocolate for my dad and I was invited for dinner at my parents house.
Last Christmas I got some home made crocheted wool socks with leather soles. The right foot sock doesn't fit my foot right so I'm walking on the edge of the sock and it's started to get broken. So I took the socks with me to my parents house to let my mother take a look at it to see if it could be fixed in some way so I don't damage the sock when walking with it. She took a look and found a way to make it better so I don't ruin it totally. I can't wait to see how it turns out when she has fixed it. I always have cold feet and I've tried different wool socks and slippers to keep me warm, but nothing has worked until I got the home made crocheted wool socks my mother made. So I'm crossing my fingers that she can fix them soon.

Yes - there have just been so many benefits, both to him and to us, by having him so close! ::yes::

I am sooooo excited about this current bag I am making for myself! :woohoo: It's really awesome! The ears are almost finished... The bag is in progress... With any luck at all - I am hoping to have it done over the weekend. ::yes:: I can't wait to share it!

Yes - LOL... My standards continue to increase... :eek: LOL

It sounds like you had a very nice weekend - it's always fun to visit with family! ::yes::

And so glad you and your mom were able to find a fix for your socks... I always hate when I find something I love, wear it out and go to buy another - and I can't get another... Hopefully this fix works out nicely for you! :lovestruc

Hey there Dorine; well, between our road trip, work and life I am never going to get caught up on your PTR; but I have skimmed a bit. I am not getting notifications from the forums either which is nothing new. I wanted to send you a huge hug about your Target situation. It is so hard when we get uprooted quickly. God has a path for you; you have such a huge heart for everyone, including your co-workers. I feel for the ones who depend on their paycheck from Target. Hope your transition goes smoothly Dorine, and you find a welcome place to land. Did Allison work at the Starbucks there in the Target or at the one closing as well?

Your pics with Allison's photo shoot are amazing. You look so healthy and beautiful.

I am so enjoying your ears!! You are so talented, goodness. I keep seeing the Dumbo set and thinking of the scene with Dumbo and his mother and the song Baby of Mine. That scene gets to me every time. It will be interesting to see what weather you will encounter. I get so grumpy if I am too hot or too cold when I am out in the elements, I like to layer as well. During the road trip I was getting uncomfortable a few times on hikes as I had a large coat in the morning and then I would be getting warm about an hour in and I had to tie the darn thing around me which I can't stand. Loving all your outfits.

So, so good to see your Dad settling in more and more and getting to go to church. What a blessing.

I will be following along better now!!! Your trip is really coming up fast. Sending lots of love.

I hope you had an amazing road trip Carol? :)

I am trying so hard to be OK with this Target closure... It gets easier day by day... I know there is another plan for me - I just was kinda content with how life was - ya know? It will all be OK, I am sure of it... I just hope that my co-workers and friends don't struggle too much. :hug:

Allison used to work at the Starbucks inside our Target store that's closing... Our town doesn't have another free-standing Starbucks shop, so not only are we losing Target, we are losing Starbucks... Which is a bummer. We do have a Caribou - so, all isn't lost totally in the coffee sect. LOL

In some areas he is settling in quite nicely - in other areas, he isn't very happy... I had a super long talk with my BFF from HS last night - and she reminded me that he just may never settle, and I have to learn to be OK with that and redirect him... It's not easy. Hopefully with the holidays coming - that will be enough to distract him for a while... We have several gatherings to go to over the next week + and they are things that he never would have been able to participate in previously... So, hopefully... Fingers crossed... He adjusts. ::yes::

Thank you - it has been such a long road... Which only promises to get longer day by day... I feels good to be heading in the right direction again! ::yes:: Even with the holidays looming - I am feeling pretty confident that I can make good choices - and yet enjoy a little too. :lovestruc

Thanks!!! I am so happy with my Dumbo set! I cannot wait to wear it!

The weather should be interesting... I may have to ship a box of accessories down to be waiting for me, so I have enough room in my luggage to pack actual clothes? LOL :scratchin As I find things I want to wear with my outfits - no matter the season - I just throw them in my suitcase... My luggage is filling up quickly, I will have to go through it soon and try to weed it out a little bit... The outfits and ideas I had originally planned, may have to be scrapped to save weight and space? We will see... :scratchin Regardless - I will be in WDW with BOTH of my girls - and that in itself is a HUGE blessing! :lovestruc

It is coming super fast!!! I can't believe it!!! I almost enjoy this short-term trip planning better... It's fun! I also have a few people who have mentioned doing friend trips in the coming year - so it's entirely possible that I may have other trips on the horizon... After Europe, of course. ::yes::

Have a great week Carol! :hug:

Coming out of lurkedom to say that I think you are amazing. You look fabulous. Such an inspiration. I am contemplating a diet for myself as I have about 60 pounds to lose. I'm trying to get in the right mindset and get it done. You make me want to do it.
Keep up the good work!

Welcome!!!! And thank you! :lovestruc You can do this! :hug: Over the years, I've realized that having the right mind-set is crucial... If I am not in the right mind - nothing happens... And sometimes it's so hard to get there. You will though - I am certain of that! :lovestruc Keep me updated - I'd love to hear about your progress... Remember, even LITTLE changes lead to big changes eventually!

Hmmmm, that's a good question. The web site lists Breakfast from 8 am - 10:45 and lunch from 11:30 am to 2:45 pm. So open for both meals but with a gap between them.

I think you should be OK since you are used to cooler weather. I've gone multiple times in Jan/Feb and I've seen weather in the 80s and also a few days that started out in the 20s and only went up in the 40s. Now that was cold! I wore two hoodies and bought a pair of $10 gloves at the Emporium. They were plain black gloves but the best $10 I spent that week! Now I pack a pair of gloves just in case during the colder seasons. So I guess what I'm saying with all this is just be prepared and bring layers.

I really need to start working on this for my two trips coming up! I currently have 9 bags but two are holiday themed so I've eliminated those for these trips. Then I have Dumbo coming in between the two trips which brings me to 8. My thought is to take 4 on each trip and just have a few duplicate days. Of course deciding which four for which trip is hard! My problem is I have too many "MK" bags.

Black Pluto - any park
Yellow Pluto - any park
Big Al - MK
Crush - Epcot or AK
Lion King - AK
Tiki Room - MK
Kermit - HS
Dumbo - MK

So looking at that, maybe I need to bring Kermit 2x and have 5 bags for one trip? Or just not worry about which parks the bags go best in? Sigh, I need to keep thinking about this LOL.

No you definitely don't! Reference my answer above.

I am not sure about CP either? I just saw that large time gap with reservations and it made me wonder if they close between meals... I know that Tusker House doesn't - and I think they just keep taking reservations the whole way through, without a gap... So - I am thinking that CP shuts down the food for a time to switch - but I am not sure? I guess I may find out? LOL

I thought that too - last time - and whoa, I was not prepared. Nor was I impressed with my ability to handle the FL cold... Part of my issue is A: I didn't plan properly and bring any real warm clothes... B: It's FL - they don't have furnaces... So there is really nowhere a person can go to warm up. ::yes:: At least, here at home - yes it's definitely cold outside, but every building is heated... So, no matter where you go - the only time you are *really* cold is when you are outside. ::yes:: This time, I am bringing a jacket for sure... And long pants. ::yes:: And gloves... ::yes:: And a bigger hot cocoa/warm coffee budget. :lmao:

See!!!! :woohoo: I am NOT the only one - thank God!!! LOL It's a sickness right???? Well, almost! Each character has a "rightful park" that it belongs to... You can't really bring Kermit into AK - it just wouldn't be right, I mean - you *could*, but... It's like nails on a chalkboard. LOL There is a definite thought process to it... And then you don't want your clothes to clash with your bags... So then you have to, at least, coordinate outfits to go with the bags... Oh yes... It's the best part about planning! :woohoo: I love it so much!!!!

I"d bring Kermit on both trips... He does belong in DHS. That's what I like about my current bag rotation... I have all of the classics - which I can theoretically wear in any park on any day... Then I have a few park specific ones too - and they are so fun to have as well! ::yes::

Hahaha!!!! Kindred spirits we are... But I think we've always known that? :lovestruc

Hi D! I just have to comment that your Dumbo ears and bag are AMAZING! The detailing is just incredible....you are just so talented! I can't wait to see how your outfits look when you are at Disney. I love to coordinate my outfits with the parks too!
I have been saving up to buy one of those expensive, leather purses at Disney (not sure if I can say it on here but the initials are D&B) the next time we go, but honestly I think I will pass on the D&B - I love your bags so much better! :love:

Thank you - I am just so excited about this set! It has been on my "list" for a very long time, but there is just no way I could do it justice without ears... I cannot wait to wear this set in MK in a few months - it's going to be so fun!!! I am still working on pulling this outfit together... It will be interesting for sure. LOL

Those are so cute!!! I love so many of them! And it seems like they are coming out with a constant supply of more themes and more patterns - they would be so fun to carry! I am sure you'd be very happy with anything you decide to save for. :lovestruc

It's great to see you here!!! I hope you are doing well??? :)

**************************************************************************************************************

OK all... It's only Tuesday - and I feel like it should be Friday. ::yes::

Yesterday was my first Target shift since "the announcement"... It's like "he who must not be named" in Harry Potter... Everyone is afraid to speak it out loud, but that is how it is referred to around the store. It's pretty somber around there - yet everyone seems to be adjusting well and making plans for their future - which is good. It seems that many have not made any decisions yet - except for those who were able/ready to retire - for them, it was a no-brainer, as they got to retire with an extra severance package that they wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

4450DA70-E101-48B5-B427-D166A946BF34.jpg

If my calculations are correct... With all of my vacation time coming - if I use it all... I may only wear Red n' Khaki a handful more times... It will be sad, but I feel like maybe it's for the best. ::yes:: Maybe it was good that Target made this decision for me? As I likely never would have made it on my own... :scratchin

I have been working non-stop in my sewing room... Like crazy hours you all wouldn't believe. ::yes:: Between my normal schedule... The extra projects I've picked up and our own trip - my sewing room has never looked more dangerous... It's like, you stand in the doorway and contemplate entering, as you may not make it out again... Which is half-true. LOL Lately - I've been up there by 7am... I take a 30 min lunch... Back up there after then work until 4... And 2 hours to make and eat dinner... Then I am back up there until bed - which is getting later and later every night, because I am so involved with what I am doing. :scratchin It's insanity at it's best - and I love every minute of it! :woohoo:

Currently - in the evening hours - I am working on my own bag... I am SUPER excited about it!!! Again - it's going to be Over The Top - and it's a bag theme I've wanted for a long time... Though it isn't turning out at all like I had planned. :scratchin I'd say, about half of the time - I have a detailed plan for a bag that I am making - and then as I am making it, it goes a totally different direction than I had envisioned... I love it when this happens, because when it's all done... I am like "Hmmmm... How did I do that?" LOL I am just as shocked as everyone else. ::yes::

I thought I would do something fun today - and give you all a sneak peek on this one... The fabrics here just kill me... I am sooooo in love with them!!! It was pretty dark in my sewing room last night when I took this picture... The fabrics are a little bit brighter in the daylight... :lovestruc

A3D469B7-CE70-49F9-BC5C-E0E36C51CC4C.jpg

So, today, my plan is... Well - if I can get upstairs early and make the pre-determined progress I need to make... I will go have lunch with Dad... If not - well - I won't. But I need to, I haven't seen him since Saturday... And I won't be able to go tomorrow... So, I really need to work hard this morning so I can make a trip into town today. ::yes::

Then, after lunch, I will come home and work again...

I'll make dinner...

Then I will go back upstairs to work on my own stuff. ::yes::

This is pretty much what my entire week will look like. ::yes::

At some point - I need to go through my Thanksgiving recipes and menu - as I have to grocery shop for Thanksgiving on Friday when I do my regular grocery shopping... So, either today or tomorrow, I will do that too.

Tis the season. :woohoo:

Anyways - I hope you all have a great day - I need to get going or I'll never get anything done today. Prayers and pixie dust to all! :grouphug:

D~

I'm glad to hear that you enjoy all the time spent in your sewing room. It would have been awful if you didn't enjoy it and had to be there working for so many hours to get the bags on order finished.
I can't wait to see your next bag.

Sounds like a good idea to have lunch with your dad today. I hope you get time to visit him for lunch.

Have a great day in your sewing room :hug:

Well, almost! Each character has a "rightful park" that it belongs to... You can't really bring Kermit into AK - it just wouldn't be right, I mean - you *could*, but... It's like nails on a chalkboard. LOL There is a definite thought process to it... And then you don't want your clothes to clash with your bags... So then you have to, at least, coordinate outfits to go with the bags... Oh yes... It's the best part about planning!

I agree with everything LOL! I am struggling a little because I just got a new Star Wars shirt that I want to wear in January because I know we will be meeting a bunch of Star Wars characters. But I don't have a Star Wars bag (yet :rotfl2:). So I need to pull out all my bags and see if any will blend well with the Star Wars shirt. Can't have them clashing, can we? Plus I need to figure out what to wear with my Tiki Room bag. I have a Tiki Room shirt but I've worn it a few times and kind of want something different this trip. I may need to settle for a plain shirt for that one.

Hahaha!!!! Kindred spirits we are... But I think we've always known that?

Yep. ::yes::

It's like, you stand in the doorway and contemplate entering, as you may not make it out again

Sigh, my guest bedroom looks like that right now. I really need to get it cleaned out so I can use the bed in there to start laying out my stuff for January! It tends to be the black hole where I throw anything I don't know what to do with at that moment.

Have a great day!

I love the flower fabric. It's great that you enjoy making the bags so much. Not everyone loves their work like that and that's a really great place to be in! Have a great day!

Ooooh....that fabric has me guessing! I can't wait to see what you come up with. I love that you can even surprise yourself--how DID I do that!?

I laughed about the "red 'n khaki" because Rob got rid of literally all his red shirts after leaving Target and hasn't put on a pair of khaki pants in years either. But his Halloween costume this year was "Rob from Target" :) We have 10 name tags scattered around our house in drawers, etc. still! He had to really scrounge around in the closet though to come up with anything red to wear. LOL

The Dumbo ears are so cute! I am curious what character goes with those other fabrics.

I know how it is with your Dad. My friends mother is still in her own home but unable to drive so she doesn't get out much. My friend has days were she gets so frustrated with her because she gets in complain mode, and nothing is good. My friend does a good job of steering conversations to point out her blessings (she has very little health issues beyond arthritis), and to give her tasks to keep her mind from dwelling on the negatives. I think a lot of it stems from the frustrations of the limitations and helplessness that occur with aging, and having idle hands and idle mind that can focus on negatives. I think your BF is correct in that he will never be 100% happy and that is okay and you need to give in to that. You know he is in a better situation. I think aging parents/grandparents are like having children all over again. You have to make hard choices that they may not like at the time, but you know you did the right thing for everyone.

I don't think your clothes look frumpy at all. You have a super healthy glow and tops are a little more flowy then before. Isn't that the style anyway? :cutie:

Good to hear you're feeling a little better so you can sleep. You will find something I'm sure that you will like, whether it's another Target or a whole new job. Some times I think these things happen for a reason. I worked at Target in the food avenue for a couple years. I really liked it but after losing my manager I was getting overtime that I didn't want. I never even really wanted a full time job at that point, but they talked me into it. So I finally quit and found the job that I loved and kept until I retired.

We try at least one new restaurant every year. It's hard when there are so many we like that are hard to give up to try new ones. We did try the Plaza a couple years ago and it was ok. One thing we didn't like was we had the table by the swinging door, which was constantly swinging. The food was ok and my husband liked his sandwich, but my reuben was kind of dry. The neatest part is the family next to us had a tour guide and it was interesting listening to him as he was seated very close to me. Then he asked where they wanted to eat dinner and just called the restaurant and arranged it. I'm sure that must cost quite a lot, but it would be so neat. We love Crystal Palace but we always go for an early breakfast so I'm not sure if they actually close before lunch.

Maybe you can stress the positives for your Dad. Just keep telling him how nice it is for you and the girls to be able to see him so often and maybe he will forget some of the negatives. Especially with the holidays coming, maybe he will realize how great it is to spend them with you.

I don't have a clue what your bag is. I will be waiting to see it and the accessories too.

Last edited:
I am so far behind here, sorry.

I’m sorry to hear that your Target is closing. I know it must be so sad for you. Did you decide that you are done with Target or are you planning on working at another store? I still can’t believe that some Target stores are closing, but I actually read an article online about the 8 or 9 stores that are closing (your Target was mentioned - the only one in MN so I know it’s yours :thumbsup2) and it was explained why some stores are closing, so I get it now.

I am totally in love with the Mickey ears you are making. Any plans to sell them ever? I’ll buy a pair if you do. ;)

Finally caught up. Love your matching bags and ears :)
You seem to have anti-aged in your photos. How is that possible lol. Seriously though you’re looking fantastic. Congratulations on your weight loss and healthy living :)
I’m so sorry to hear about your target store and hope that whatever decision you come to you can reconcile yourself and make your peace with it :)

Popping to say I love the Dumbo theme. Looking forward to your next combo.

Life has been stressful this week. Asking for prayers for a friend of my oldest DS. They were in ROTC together and they are all great friends. He was badly injured this week in an IED attack. So I've been doing what I can to help his family get as much information as possible since they aren't a military family. It hurts my heart. My DS and his friends have stepped up and are doing all they can. He's on his way to where my DS is studying at this time, so he should be there when his friend arrives.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoy all the time spent in your sewing room. It would have been awful if you didn't enjoy it and had to be there working for so many hours to get the bags on order finished.
I can't wait to see your next bag.

Sounds like a good idea to have lunch with your dad today. I hope you get time to visit him for lunch.

Have a great day in your sewing room:

Yes - it's borderline obsessive sometimes, LOL... If I am really into a project, it's hard to come out and get anything else done. ::yes::

I was able to have lunch with Dad on Tuesday - so that was good. :)

Thanks!!! Same to you!

I agree with everything LOL! I am struggling a little because I just got a new Star Wars shirt that I want to wear in January because I know we will be meeting a bunch of Star Wars characters. But I don't have a Star Wars bag (yet). So I need to pull out all my bags and see if any will blend well with the Star Wars shirt. Can't have them clashing, can we? Plus I need to figure out what to wear with my Tiki Room bag. I have a Tiki Room shirt but I've worn it a few times and kind of want something different this trip. I may need to settle for a plain shirt for that one.

Yep.

Sigh, my guest bedroom looks like that right now. I really need to get it cleaned out so I can use the bed in there to start laying out my stuff for January! It tends to be the black hole where I throw anything I don't know what to do with at that moment.

Have a great day!

I am so glad that I am not the only one who struggles with this, LOL It's crazy sometimes!

It's my plan to clean my sewing room this coming week - I don't have anything on my schedule for Thanksgiving week, and all I need are a few hours to organize... I definitely want it done before we go on Vacation. ::yes::

Thanks! Same to you! :)

I love the flower fabric. It's great that you enjoy making the bags so much. Not everyone loves their work like that and that's a really great place to be in! Have a great day!

Thanks!!! I enjoy it a lot - I am very fortunate! :)

Thank you - same to you! :lovestruc

Ooooh....that fabric has me guessing! I can't wait to see what you come up with. I love that you can even surprise yourself--how DID I do that!?

I laughed about the "red 'n khaki" because Rob got rid of literally all his red shirts after leaving Target and hasn't put on a pair of khaki pants in years either. But his Halloween costume this year was "Rob from Target" :) We have 10 name tags scattered around our house in drawers, etc. still! He had to really scrounge around in the closet though to come up with anything red to wear. LOL

Hahahha! I posted it on FB last night, and I think everyone was totally shocked by it - no one expected those fabrics to be the theme I chose!

Bahahaha!!! My entire wardrobe is black/gray/white and red... It's not often that I deviate from those colors... Though - I NEVER wear khaki outside of Target... I will happily donate all of those, if I decide to end my relationship with Target (I still have not made a final decision)...

I love his Halloween costume... I have about 8 billion name tags around here, and I am lucky to find ONE on the days I work. :lmao:

The Dumbo ears are so cute! I am curious what character goes with those other fabrics.

I know how it is with your Dad. My friends mother is still in her own home but unable to drive so she doesn't get out much. My friend has days were she gets so frustrated with her because she gets in complain mode, and nothing is good. My friend does a good job of steering conversations to point out her blessings (she has very little health issues beyond arthritis), and to give her tasks to keep her mind from dwelling on the negatives. I think a lot of it stems from the frustrations of the limitations and helplessness that occur with aging, and having idle hands and idle mind that can focus on negatives. I think your BF is correct in that he will never be 100% happy and that is okay and you need to give in to that. You know he is in a better situation. I think aging parents/grandparents are like having children all over again. You have to make hard choices that they may not like at the time, but you know you did the right thing for everyone.

I don't think your clothes look frumpy at all. You have a super healthy glow and tops are a little more flowy then before. Isn't that the style anyway? :cutie:

Hehehe... Well - I will be posting the conclusion to that below. :lovestruc

Yes - I think you are right... I feel like Dad doesn't have much he can control in his life - and I am an "easy target" per say... And easy to complain to... Though, this week has been an excellent week for him - with the holidays approaching - and being close allows him inclusion in everything (where before, he was excluded a lot due to distance)... I think this is where is will mean the most to him to be here. *Most* of the time, he is happy... but like you said - I just think he gets into his complaining moods. ::yes::

Thank you... I am feeling pretty good lately... Sadly - my smallest jeans - which I wore yesterday - were falling off of me all day... I may have to wear them with a belt now... Not complaining at all. LOL :)

I've been following along! Dropping in to say Hi!

Hello!!! Thanks for stopping in! "Hi" back to you! :lovestruc

Good to hear you're feeling a little better so you can sleep. You will find something I'm sure that you will like, whether it's another Target or a whole new job. Some times I think these things happen for a reason. I worked at Target in the food avenue for a couple years. I really liked it but after losing my manager I was getting overtime that I didn't want. I never even really wanted a full time job at that point, but they talked me into it. So I finally quit and found the job that I loved and kept until I retired.

We try at least one new restaurant every year. It's hard when there are so many we like that are hard to give up to try new ones. We did try the Plaza a couple years ago and it was ok. One thing we didn't like was we had the table by the swinging door, which was constantly swinging. The food was ok and my husband liked his sandwich, but my reuben was kind of dry. The neatest part is the family next to us had a tour guide and it was interesting listening to him as he was seated very close to me. Then he asked where they wanted to eat dinner and just called the restaurant and arranged it. I'm sure that must cost quite a lot, but it would be so neat. We love Crystal Palace but we always go for an early breakfast so I'm not sure if they actually close before lunch.

Maybe you can stress the positives for your Dad. Just keep telling him how nice it is for you and the girls to be able to see him so often and maybe he will forget some of the negatives. Especially with the holidays coming, maybe he will realize how great it is to spend them with you.

I don't have a clue what your bag is. I will be waiting to see it and the accessories too.

I agree... Some things going on with my business are giving me an opportunity there, which could potentially make up for my extra available day... We will see? ::yes:: It will mean that I will have to hustle for a while. :scratchin

We are excited to try The Plaza... I think the atmosphere alone will be nice and relaxing... I am still hoping to get a bit earlier ADR there for lunch that day... I was able to snag a PPO breakfast at CP that day - so now I've had to alter our plans a little bit and rearrange our meals. I"ll continue to stalk MDE, LOL :)

How fun to have a tour guide - I'd love to splurge on that one day. :scratchin

Dad is coming around - he has had a really good week so far... We have a family gathering today with his family, which he is very much looking forward to... I think that once we get into the swing of the holidays - and even the little things, like having him here while we decorate the tree will be when it really hits home for him, and he will realize just how nice it is to be close and be a part of everything. :lovestruc I know it will me a lot to ME and to the girls!!! :lovestruc

Hehehe... I will be posting it below. ::yes::

I am so far behind here, sorry.

I’m sorry to hear that your Target is closing. I know it must be so sad for you. Did you decide that you are done with Target or are you planning on working at another store? I still can’t believe that some Target stores are closing, but I actually read an article online about the 8 or 9 stores that are closing (your Target was mentioned - the only one in MN so I know it’s yours and it was explained why some stores are closing, so I get it now.

I am totally in love with the Mickey ears you are making. Any plans to sell them ever? I’ll buy a pair if you do.

No worries - I am pretty far behind myself. :lmao:

It is sad... I have not made a decision yet about my future with Target... I am leaning towards ending it -but I am still undecided. As soon as I know, I will post... In all likelihood - I will not be comfortable with any decision I make... As none of my options sounds "right" to me. Well, I know of 2 Target stores in MN closing - for sure, there may be more??? It's still sad... I do feel like, had the company put more of a focus in making our store more competitive in our area, we would have been more successful - as it is, I feel like we were "set-up" for failure a long time ago.

Thank you - I am not sure yet. :lovestruc

Finally caught up. Love your matching bags and ears
You seem to have anti-aged in your photos. How is that possible lol. Seriously though you’re looking fantastic. Congratulations on your weight loss and healthy living :)
I’m so sorry to hear about your target store and hope that whatever decision you come to you can reconcile yourself and make your peace with it

Thank you - I am finding a renewed interest in my creativity due to the Ears... It's a lot of fun to coordinate it all together! :lovestruc

Hahaha, thank you! I honestly think it has a lot to do with the foods I eat... I think a lot of those chemicals in our processed foods really can't be "good" for us - and I think it shows in our society as a whole... Just my own thought process, nothing scientific... I definitely feel younger than I felt 10 years ago - which should have some merit. :scratchin Thank you for your compliments. :lovestruc

Thank you - It's so hard, but as time is going on, I am getting used to the idea... I fear that no matter which option I choose, I will not be truly happy with any of them... It will be ok though - I'll get past it, and get used to the change. :lovestruc

Popping to say I love the Dumbo theme. Looking forward to your next combo.

Life has been stressful this week. Asking for prayers for a friend of my oldest DS. They were in ROTC together and they are all great friends. He was badly injured this week in an IED attack. So I've been doing what I can to help his family get as much information as possible since they aren't a military family. It hurts my heart. My DS and his friends have stepped up and are doing all they can. He's on his way to where my DS is studying at this time, so he should be there when his friend arrives.

Thank you - I am so excited about that theme! I cannot wait to wear it! I"ll be sharing my next one below. ::yes::

Sending you and your friend's DS prayers and pixie dust... How terrible and heart-wrenching. :hug: Navigating the military, when you aren't military yourself is beyond painstaking... I had issues myself when Josh was in Iraq - and it took *almost* an act of God to get things straightened out... You are such a good friend for helping them and trying to help them get information and answers. Sending all of you giant hugs and prayers... Please keep me updated. :hug:

**************************************************************************************************************

I fell behind again... I feel like I start every post this way lately...

I have had a busy few days...

On Wednesday, V and I met my cousin, her daughter and my aunt for our annual shopping trip to the MOA... As usual, we had so much fun and enjoyed ourselves. We got a lot of shopping done - and I finished up the last of my BMTL shopping (which admittedly and financially, should have been done a LONG time ago!) And Victoria finished shopping for the 3 of us... So, I think she is done too? I know she is planning one more gift for Allison on Black Friday - I know, with all the $$ she has spent on car repairs recently (It's doing good btw), she is very relieved to be done Christmas shopping - and all of her gifts are wrapped already too! :eek:

We found this awesome store (Boxlunch) - which, apparently, everyone knew about except for me??? :scratchin It's where, when Disney remodeled and changed their awesome merchandise in their Disney Stores like a decade + ago, they sent all of their awesome merchandise. :lmao:

I seriously want this red jacket (I'd want it more if it was a vest though)...

BEAD1970-89AC-4F98-B47E-6EF1C720AAC3.jpg

And they have UP! stuff!!!! :lovestruc

B62AAADE-C81F-4C4B-9105-2B64324CE876.jpg

We had a very nice day together - this is something I look forward to every year... This is the first year that V has been able to participate, as we always do it on a week day, and previously - she was always in school.

I do have a couple of pictures for you... See... My wardrobe is predominantly red/black/white. :lmao: (and, the shirt I am wearing in the 2nd photo is a medium! :eek: ) (and MM's Eeyore from DLP is still intact - though he could use another bath... )

63c5d755-3a33-4935-aec9-96769e336d8d.png

82BFAAAA-A42E-4957-B61E-5BB6116FF339.jpg

Both of these shirts/outfits will be packed to go to WDW... As both of them go well with many of my themes. ::yes::

Thursday - I worked all day... Like ALLLLLL DAAAAYYYY! I needed it! By the end of the day, I had finished all 3 bags I had been working on simultaneously! Phew! Typically - I don't have that many projects going at one time - as I don't like the confusion and stress it puts me under - but boy - by the end of the day, to have all of them done, it was a HUGE relief! ::yes::

And then, finally, yesterday - I was able to finish the coordinating Ears to go with my next bag... Suzi, Mo, Ariana, Cindy, Allison and Vicotria will tell you - I have agonized over these ears for WEEKS!!! The ear on the right went through several renditions and do-overs until I finally settled on this one... I am so thankful that these girls will give me their honest opinions and let me bounce my ideas off of them - they have all saved me from many disasters over the years. ::yes:: And I do have to add that "Carl & Ellie" was 100% stitched by me, NOT and embroidery machine... It took hours! So, while it may look simple - it was anything but. ::yes::

As for the bag... Ever since I made Allison's UP! camera bag for our 2013 trip, I've wanted an UP! bag for myself... I've always loved the movie - but I fell in love with the charm of it when I did Allison's bag. So, when choosing fabrics for this bag (Cindy helped me with that part) - I wanted something different and unique... EVERYONE does balloons for UP - like EVERYONE... And though I know that balloons are symbolic with Up - I didn't want them to be a part of my bag or my Ears at all - I purposely avoided them... I wanted to capture the simple sweetness and classic love in this movie and I feel like I did that. ::yes:: I focused mostly on the aviator scene for this set - as I wanted the hat and goggles included in the worst way... Carl's hat is real leather, and it was so fun to use a medium that I don't normally get to include... I also messed with the ruffle placement a little bit - and I really like this... I haven't been doing a lot of ruffles on my bags lately, because I just can't seem to get them perfect the way I expect... I like how this turned out, and I will be doing it this way again. ::yes::

Overall - I am SUPER excited with how this set turned out... It is totally unique and original! :woohoo: I am going to have a dickens of a time trying to coordinate my outfit though. ::yes:: :scratchin

04252021-0A71-4C41-84A5-0F7F8FF0FBF2.jpg

Bigger pics of some of the above, so you can see the details better...

D8919D97-CDFD-4B46-94A2-788DBB6E6484.jpg

BF56422B-55DB-4AC1-A927-0DCC4A2F1E46.jpg

D72EF808-F436-48D4-8834-1041E09E642D.jpg

28A45CE9-F88C-4311-9BF7-6235B03A9986.jpg

BACA237C-6366-4C6E-B847-9B19C1401055.jpg

Obviously - I will be wearing this set in AK... Which I am pretty excited about... For years - I've been wanting an AK specific set - and I have had MANY ideas in my head to make this theme (and other themes) work - but I am super excited to finally have something to wear that is appropriate for my favorite park! :woohoo:

So, now I have 1 more set I plan to do for myself... It is a remake (though it will be different) of one of my previous themes - which I've retired... it shouldn't be too hard to guess. :scratchin

I have 2 sets that V has requested... Which I will begin working on, once I finish the above... And then we will be ready to leave. :lmao:

I hope you all have a nice weekend! Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all of you! :grouphug:

D~

Last edited:
I love the Carl & Ellie bag. Especially the fabrics you chose. Seeing the two comparison photo shoots reminded me of how much I LOVED the dress you made for the first shoot. When you mentioned you did not know what to coordinate that dress with these fabrics came to mind. Only problem is that it will be colder when you go this time. Patch pocket on a plain shirt?

When I first heard about the store I thought - Well you won't have to agonize about when to leave. So sorry that it hit you out of nowhere and has you all twisted up emotionally.

Glad Dad is doing so well and that you get to see him so much more often. Hope you and your family have a happy and healthy Holiday Season! It will make the time till your next trip FLY by.

Jane

The ears and bag are unbelievably amazing! You are off the charts talented. My oldest daughter loves Up, and wears a necklace that was engraved with "Adventure is Out There" (also her seniro quote in her yearbok). I'm not sure she has taken it off since she got it as a gift for graduation, and now she is about to graduate from college. Anyways, Up has a special place in our house, and your bag and ears super special!!

Both of these shirts/outfits will be packed to go to WDW... As both of them go well with many of my themes.
They look perfect for the cooler January weather. :)

And I do have to add that "Carl & Ellie" was 100% stitched by me, NOT and embroidery machine... It took hours! So, while it may look simple - it was anything but.
I love that you used the adventure book for your theme. When we saw the Pixar Live concert in Hollywood Studios this summer they had the movie Up as one of their featured movies. The orchestra played music from the movie, mostly the background music that you hear but never really notice, and they played movie clips to go with it. They chose the clips with the adventure book and the whole Up presentation made me cry. It was both beautiful to see Carl and Ellie's love and sad to see Carl's loss. Anyway, I love your unique ears and bag. :)

Overall - I am SUPER excited with how this set turned out... It is totally unique and original! :woohoo: I am going to have a dickens of a time trying to coordinate my outfit though.
You could go with jeans and your denim jacket to match Ellie's overalls.

Sounds like you and V had a great day shopping. How great that V is finished with her Christmas shopping. I have started on my Christmas shopping but I'm no where near done even if I've wrapped the presents I have bought so they are in a bag ready to be taken to my parents house.

Your UP bag looks amazing. There are so many details on it that I didn't notice on the pictures on facebook. But when I got to see the large photos of the bag here on the DIS it was easy to see all the details. You have done an incredible job on this bag and ears. Sorry but I don't get what makes UP a theme for Animal Kingdom. Can you please enlighten me? :)

I have known for some time that my computer need to be replaced by a new one, but now so close to Black Friday I haven't wanted to buy a new computer until I see if there will be any sale for Black Friday.
Well on Wednesday this week my computer tried to install the last updates for Windows 7 and then it crashed. :scared1:
I tried to get it up and running for several hours without any luck. Luckily it would let me take a backup of everything on the hard drive. So I did that, then I got the computer to set everything back to how it was when it came fresh from the factory. Then I managed to get the computer to take the files I had done a backup of and put them back on to the computer. I then had to install some programs I use almost every day and now 3 days later my computer is almost back to as it was before the crash. Now I'm crossing my fingers that it will keep running until I get a new computer in a few weeks. I refuse to buy a new computer now a week before a possible sale. If the computer I want don't come on sale on Black Friday I will buy it anyway because I don't think I can wait for a new computer much longer.

My tablet also crashed about a week ago. So I will be looking out for good deals on that as well. So for the first time I have a list of things I want to check out on Black Friday.

Your Up book and ears are amazing. They would look good with denim as someone else said. You did a really good job with the embroidery.
I did get a new jacket last Sunday. It's a black Columbia one. I don't usually wear much black except for work. Now my winter boots don't match. They're brown bearpaws which went with my old jacket.
I bought a laptop at work last week it was a display that had been up for a very short time. I got it for half off since it was also on clearance. My daughter and son inlaw reset it and installed chrome for me. Now I just finish moving book marks and programs over to it.
It sounds like you had a great time Christmas shopping at the MOA. Hopefully Victoria can finish her shopping later on this week.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Liz

Love, love, love your Up theme bag and ears. So amazing!

PSA: If anyone is looking for a place to donate money, please look at Fisher House and the Semper Fi Fund. Both use the donations to support soldiers and families who have been injured or are in the hospital. Both have helped out my friend's family. They should be back in the states tomorrow night. He's in bad shape, so continued prayers are needed. I'm planning to head to the hospital on Monday to see how everyone is doing. We've made plans to take turns visiting and keeping everyone's spirits up through the holidays as they work through this difficult time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter