~~~~ Sew, help me... A bittersweet "Epic Girls Trip"... January 2018! ~~~~ UPDATE 1/7!!~~

I'm so sorry to hear that the closing of the store is affecting you so hard. :hug: I hope you get some sleep tonight.

Your day at MK sounds relaxing and fun :)

I wish I lived closer so I could give you a hug, too. I couldn't stop thinking about you yesterday. You were so happy setting up Christmas and then they announced that the store was closing. Like you, I like going into work to see all my friends. Our store is the smallest and oldest in the market but it's also the busiest. We're always either number one or two in sales. Meyers is planning to build a store where the Kmart I told you about was. We'll have to see what happens.
Your plans for the MK sound like fun. We've gone so much that other than FPs we kind of go with the flow.
Lots of hugs
Liz

So sorry about the store closing. What a shock that must have been. Best of luck as you figure out your next steps there.

LOVE your new plans. We have eaten at the Plaza a few times and enjoyed it!

I am very sorry to hear about your Target closing. I know it must be difficult when you are so concerned about your friends.

We had a photo shoot at work yesterday, for our website Trying to find something that fit that I thought looked good was very difficult. I bought a couple of things and didn't try them on. So, when I got home, I was pleasantly surprised that the pants in the size that I normally would buy, fit. I was bummed that the tops in the size I thought I was, were too big. Not that they were too big, but that I didn't have time to exchange them for the smaller size in time for the photos. I wasn't wanting to buy clothes at this point in time. Too close to Christmas and I am not at a size I want to be, so it felt like a waste of money at this point.

I had been toying with trying to swing a Disneyland trip in sometime in the Spring. However, Disney solved that problem. They are changing the Paradise Pier to Pixar Pier in California Adventure and closing it all for the refurb in January and not open it until Summer. We don't want to go when so much will be closed, so I don't have to feel guilty about wanting to go. However, now I kind of want to go one last time to enjoy it as Paradise Pier. Birthday trip for me? I do not want to go really because it will be crowded for Christmas.

Marissa has decided she will go ahead and graduate this year. She also hinted she would like a car as a graduation present. Ha ha. If she is lucky I will buy her a set of dishes. It really depends if she can get a job lined up. I am still pushing for the Disney CP, but she doesn't seem to think she will get in or is afraid to get her hopes up.

Today is a work from home day. I did not go to the gym yet today. I should have. Oh well.

First of all, your pictures came out awesome...you look great and it hard to believe you are even old enough to have daughters who can drive! You look so young! Isn't awesome seeing how well all your hard work pays off!

Secondly, I am so sorry about the Target situation. We just found out the one near our home is closing, too. I am so sad and I don't even work there! I cant imagine how you must be feeling.

Trip plans and all your bags and the ears look great! Cant wait to read more!

:( It is going to be so terribly sad to see our years and years of hard work and pride just disappear to nothing...

That sounds pretty traumatizing honestly :( It would almost be easier if there was just a closing date and be done. I would think it will be worse to slowly watch things dwindle....I feel like Sadness now....or Eeyore.

We do have a late lunch booked at The Plaza... This is somewhere that I've always wanted to eat - but I've never done it. I am excited to try something new, and their menu looks to be quite refreshing. ::yes::

Your morning sounds like a dream!! Especially when I am having a rough start to the day in Kindergarten....ugh.

We ate at CP for the first time on our trip last year and we were sort of underwhelmed. I'd been SO excited to finally eat there, and it was at night with all the MK lights shining through the windows. But, our service was really poor and it took over 2 hours to finally see all the characters. Piglet never did make his way to our table, so we had to have the lady pull him and had to do our meet where they stack the highchairs outside the kitchen. It just soured me on the whole place. :(

I think you will LOVE The Plaza! I had never eaten there, but Ariana always posted pictures out the window looking toward the castle that made me think it was a MUST DO. My Mom and I love eating there now!

So sorry to hear about your Target Store closing. They are closing one near me as well. The one I normally shop at will still be there but it's just so sad. Good luck making that tough decision on what to do.

So sorry D - it's so hard to go thru this, I went thru a similiar situation as you, I worked for an insurance company that was bought out by another insurance company. Some people stayed but most were let go, some found it was to far to drive after our company was moved to the new company's location. For me, the atmosphere was like poison so I quit. That was 13 years of friendships gone. It was hard, sad, scary...etc etc etc. Only 70 people remained from my company of over 1100. BUT...I did find a totally different job that I loved even more than my previous job. I never thought it would happen but it does! Even tho I miss my friends terribly, the friends that I have now are just as special.

You will stay in touch I'm sure. Who knows, you might all work together again!

You will feel better once everything is settled..trust me!!

Caught up now from the weekend and from being out of town for a few days for work.

I am SO sorry about your store closing. I know you've debated about continuing, but I'm sad that the choice is now being made for you and you have to decide so quickly whether to go to another store or not....like you, I don't like it when choices are made *for* me and the decision is taken out of my hands. I am so sorry...many hugs as you go through this process that I know will be heartrending for you, your friends, and your community. When I read the article you linked on FB I was really surprised to that Macon, GA store is also closing...I lived about 15 miles from there and worked in Macon for a little while....it's a larger city than the city where we lived, and that city is keeping its Target. So I was surprised. The only thing I can think with the Macon store is that it's in a less desirable part of town and many businesses are moving away from that part of town as the population dwindles and the crime rates go up....? I don't know. I just know that it's sad. Please take care of yourself and try to sleep....

I love your bags and ears. Love them. I'm excited to see what you ended up doing for your Donald ears.

The pictures Allison took of you are fabulous -- but that's because you are fabulous. She's a great photographer, and you are very photogenic. I know what it's like to feel frumpy because your clothes are too big -- I don't like it, either. But truly, you look great -- my focus was on your face and your radiant smile -- had you not pointed out that your clothes were big I would not have noticed. Truly.

I am getting frustrated because we still don't have the price in from our builder so that we can finalize it and sign a contract. I'm worried that he won't be able to start the house before the weather gets bad... Early last week he was waiting on the quotes from one of the subcontractors who was on vacation....surely that should be in by now. I'm getting antsy.....

I get to spend some one-on-one time with Alyssa this weekend...we're going to go birthday and Christmas shopping for her husband, and Brie has a lacrosse tournament out of state and Mark is going to that. I had already made some other commitments for this weekend before we knew about the tournament -- one of which is to attend the wedding reception of a dear friend from when we lived in Georgia -- I've known her since she was six years old and she was one of my youth group girls when I was in charge of our church youth group in Georgia, so I just can't miss that. So I'll miss seeing Brie play in her first college tournament, but she said that's fine since it's preseason and doesn't count. LOL I know she likes that I go to the games, but she really wants Mark to be there since he's also athletic and can give her specific feedback. All I can do is sit in the stands and cheer. :-)

Hugs to you, my friend...

Absolutely! We just need to find dates that work!

Lord John is one of my favorite characters from that series and I love the actor they chose to play him in season 3.
:hug:
Oh, I wonder if you will be there for the switch over from breakfast to lunch and maybe will get to have both. I know that happens sometime at Tusker House but don't know for CP. CP is one I still haven't made it to!

I love the Plaza, the burger is my go to choice. Mom had the Cheese Steak sandwich and really liked it. I've also heard that the meatloaf is really good.

For sure! I am open. :lovestruc

Sigh - I can't watch season 3 until it comes to the library. Can't wait though!

It's possible??? Isn't CP one that closes in between? Maybe not?

I am very excited to eat there! When we went for V's trip, I tried - but it was during a time that it wasn't an adr restaurant. :scratchin So many things on their menu look fantastic!

We find since we go so often now our days are quite relaxed and go with the flow. IF it happens it happens. If it doesn't that is okay also. IT is about spending time together without the stress of life.

I wish you were closer to me because I just want to give you a hug. I am so so sorry your store closing is affecting you so bad. You are mourning a loss and that is okay. This change wasn't on your terms and that makes it hard.

HAve a good day.

Same here... We know what we like to do and we just wander most of the time. Which is why I am not planning to frantically search for FoP... I'll look occasionally, and if one falls into my lap - great - otherwise, there is always next trip. ::yes::

Thank you - it's been a tough week, but we are getting through it. I keep telling myself that it's *just* a store and sooooo many other, much worse things, could have happened. ::yes::

Thank you - same to you! :lovestruc

So sorry about your store.....I was reading about the fun you were having setting up the Christmas merchandise then reading the store is closing :confused3 It almost seems more humane to just close the dang store than to let it wither away. I worked my whole adult life for 1 company. I felt the same way about many of my co-workers - they were like family. I've been retired 6 years and we still regularly stay in touch. It's harder when you're not seeing each other 5 days a week but we have monthly get togethers scheduled. It's not the same but it's better than losing touch entirely.

I can't believe how much younger you look when comparing the old/new pictures! It seems to be a combination of the different hair style and weight loss of course. I feel I look better (hopefully younger!) with longer hair - I hate pictures of my shorter hair self. I prefer to keep it a little shorter than shoulder length.

Good luck with your decision. Wise to take your time and see how things play out. Hope you get caught up on your sleep! Take care.

That will be the hardest part, I think. I have a few friends that will be staying on after the store is officially closed, to take down fixtures and empty the building - as far as I know - I am not part of that crew... That will be tough!

Thank you - many people have said that to me... I think maybe it's the hair? + the way I am dressed?? Or maybe I have truly gone backwards? LOL I'll take it though. ::yes::

Thank you - I am just trying to ease into it. Like I think I said before, I am very fortunate that I don't *have* to have a job outside of the home, I just do it for the fun of it... I've applied to a couple of places already - but I am in no hurry. It's just easier to find a job in retail now, than it will be in February... And I honestly haven't even decided if I am going to transfer to another Target or go to a different company all together? We'll see - I just want to keep my options open. ::yes::

I'm so sorry to hear that the closing of the store is affecting you so hard. I hope you get some sleep tonight.

Your day at MK sounds relaxing and fun

Thank you - I have been sleeping much better for the last 2 nights. Thankfully! :)

It will be a good day - we always enjoy our time in MK. ::yes::

I wish I lived closer so I could give you a hug, too. I couldn't stop thinking about you yesterday. You were so happy setting up Christmas and then they announced that the store was closing. Like you, I like going into work to see all my friends. Our store is the smallest and oldest in the market but it's also the busiest. We're always either number one or two in sales. Meyers is planning to build a store where the Kmart I told you about was. We'll have to see what happens.
Your plans for the MK sound like fun. We've gone so much that other than FPs we kind of go with the flow.
Lots of hugs
Liz

Thank you... Yes - I just love setting Christmas, I think I say it every year, about how much fun it is and just the whole atmosphere of it all.

That's how I always thought of our store too... We were the smallest... Yet - our community was always so devoted to us - we consistently made sales and it seemed like we were doing well enough to sustain ourselves... So, either our sales goals were set too low to "appear" to make sales all the time - or they just deliberately didn't want to maintain our store? I guess it really doesn't matter. Sadly - there are no other stores in our region that could go in our building - it's just too big... Anyone who goes in that space will likely have to take down the building and build what suits them? :scratchin I hope it's not vacant for long - that will be really hard to watch. And not only are we losing our only Target store - we are also losing our only Starbucks... So, that's sucky too. ::yes::

Thanks - I am really looking forward to all of our MK days! ::yes::

Thank you. :hug:

So sorry about the store closing. What a shock that must have been. Best of luck as you figure out your next steps there.

LOVE your new plans. We have eaten at the Plaza a few times and enjoyed it!

Thanks - it sure did seem like a *gut punch*... Took the wind right out of me for days. I am feeling much better now and trying to move on. ::yes::

Thanks!!! I can't wait to try something new in MK - it's so hard because we have SO many favorites there as it is - adding one more to the mix makes it tough!

I am very sorry to hear about your Target closing. I know it must be difficult when you are so concerned about your friends.

We had a photo shoot at work yesterday, for our website Trying to find something that fit that I thought looked good was very difficult. I bought a couple of things and didn't try them on. So, when I got home, I was pleasantly surprised that the pants in the size that I normally would buy, fit. I was bummed that the tops in the size I thought I was, were too big. Not that they were too big, but that I didn't have time to exchange them for the smaller size in time for the photos. I wasn't wanting to buy clothes at this point in time. Too close to Christmas and I am not at a size I want to be, so it felt like a waste of money at this point.

I had been toying with trying to swing a Disneyland trip in sometime in the Spring. However, Disney solved that problem. They are changing the Paradise Pier to Pixar Pier in California Adventure and closing it all for the refurb in January and not open it until Summer. We don't want to go when so much will be closed, so I don't have to feel guilty about wanting to go. However, now I kind of want to go one last time to enjoy it as Paradise Pier. Birthday trip for me? I do not want to go really because it will be crowded for Christmas.

Marissa has decided she will go ahead and graduate this year. She also hinted she would like a car as a graduation present. Ha ha. If she is lucky I will buy her a set of dishes. It really depends if she can get a job lined up. I am still pushing for the Disney CP, but she doesn't seem to think she will get in or is afraid to get her hopes up.

Today is a work from home day. I did not go to the gym yet today. I should have. Oh well.

It is hard! I am going to miss everyone a lot! Hopefully some of them will move to other Target stores, so I will see them occasionally. ::yes::

I feel your clothing pain EXACTLY! You and I are in the same spot... I don't really want to invest in new clothes, as I am not at my goal size yet... Still all of my clothes are much too frumpy. I guess - the only good thing at the moment is that it's "jacket weather"... I can hide my frumpy clothes in my jackets, which aren't quite frumpy yet. LOL

Glad Disney solved that problem for you... I always said that I would NEVER go to Disney if Splash Mountain was closed... However - when Allison and I were there in 2016, we rode SM once during our trip, because it was just too cold... So, I don't feel so badly about that this time. ::yes:: And, besides - I already have airfare. LOL

Congratulations to Marissa! That is a huge accomplishment! I would love to see her do the DCP program too - I have heard such amazing things about it! I am still trying to talk V into doing it too - it would be an awesome experience for her!

Sounds like you are enjoying working from home? I enjoy it a lot too - but I find I have to keep myself on a *strict* schedule, or I get nothing done that I am supposed to do. LOL

First of all, your pictures came out awesome...you look great and it hard to believe you are even old enough to have daughters who can drive! You look so young! Isn't awesome seeing how well all your hard work pays off!

Secondly, I am so sorry about the Target situation. We just found out the one near our home is closing, too. I am so sad and I don't even work there! I cant imagine how you must be feeling.

Trip plans and all your bags and the ears look great! Cant wait to read more!

Thank you so much! :lovestruc It has been a lot of hard work and perseverance. ::yes::

Thank you - it was such a gut punch and so unexpected... It's still a bit unreal. ::yes:: I just wish they would have given us some sort of notice - so maybe the community could have done something about it - like shop more local. LOL I dunno... It's so sad to see these stores go - many of them were smaller stores in outlying communities - communities that will really miss having the Target brand local. It is such a bummer. I am trying to move on though and make decisions to move forward... I've applied a couple of places - it's easier to find a job in retail now than it will be in February. I may have to have 3 jobs for a while - as I have no intention of ditching my Target team right now... We will see how it all plays out for me. ::yes:: I am not worried for myself so much as I am worried for some of my co-workers.

Thank you! I am so excited about them! I will be posting my newest set today! :woohoo:

That sounds pretty traumatizing honestly :( It would almost be easier if there was just a closing date and be done. I would think it will be worse to slowly watch things dwindle....I feel like Sadness now....or Eeyore.

Your morning sounds like a dream!! Especially when I am having a rough start to the day in Kindergarten....ugh.

We ate at CP for the first time on our trip last year and we were sort of underwhelmed. I'd been SO excited to finally eat there, and it was at night with all the MK lights shining through the windows. But, our service was really poor and it took over 2 hours to finally see all the characters. Piglet never did make his way to our table, so we had to have the lady pull him and had to do our meet where they stack the highchairs outside the kitchen. It just soured me on the whole place.

I think you will LOVE The Plaza! I had never eaten there, but Ariana always posted pictures out the window looking toward the castle that made me think it was a MUST DO. My Mom and I love eating there now!

It was hard, it will be hard... I am trying so hard to move forward and be a little more optimistic about it... I have many options available to me - Target being one of them still - but we will see. ::yes:: It will be very hard to see the store start to downsize... I am not looking forward to seeing it after we get home from our trip... That will be tough.

Bummer about your CP experience! There are definitely times where we have to wait extra long for characters... Since we always to PPO breakfasts though - we've never had to wait long, and there are so many tables that aren't full, it goes rather quickly. We've been so many times now though - and the girls are much older than your Jimmy is - we just leave if it's taking too long. There is just something about eating there in the morning - with the bright morning sun shining in... It's the perfect start to the day for us. I hope that one day you will give it another try. :lovestruc

We cannot wait to eat there - well, I can't anyways. LOL The menu looks fabulous - and the atmosphere looks a lot like CP to me? :scratchin ::yes::

So sorry to hear about your Target Store closing. They are closing one near me as well. The one I normally shop at will still be there but it's just so sad. Good luck making that tough decision on what to do.

Thank you - it's been a tough week, but I am trying to move forward. I am lucky that I have many options available to me. ::yes:: I've applied to a few places this week - as it's easier to find a retail job now than it will be in February... We will see. If I don't' get anything - I will just take that as a sign that I need to work harder at home. ::yes:: Or I will just go to another Target store.

So sorry D - it's so hard to go thru this, I went thru a similiar situation as you, I worked for an insurance company that was bought out by another insurance company. Some people stayed but most were let go, some found it was to far to drive after our company was moved to the new company's location. For me, the atmosphere was like poison so I quit. That was 13 years of friendships gone. It was hard, sad, scary...etc etc etc. Only 70 people remained from my company of over 1100. BUT...I did find a totally different job that I loved even more than my previous job. I never thought it would happen but it does! Even tho I miss my friends terribly, the friends that I have now are just as special.

You will stay in touch I'm sure. Who knows, you might all work together again!

You will feel better once everything is settled..trust me!!

What a sad situation - and equally, if not more so, hard. :hug: I am so happy that your new job is so much better - that sure makes it worth the initial stress, I bet? And that's true - there are always more friends to be made... We will all move on, and find new things to do and be. :lovestruc

Maybe? LOL It sounds like most of us are scattering... Going to other Target stores, retiring, or other companies all together... We will see?

I am starting to feel much better already... Still sad, definitely... but man, when you get news like that - it just takes the wind out of you... Moving on, always. ::yes::

Caught up now from the weekend and from being out of town for a few days for work.

I am SO sorry about your store closing. I know you've debated about continuing, but I'm sad that the choice is now being made for you and you have to decide so quickly whether to go to another store or not....like you, I don't like it when choices are made *for* me and the decision is taken out of my hands. I am so sorry...many hugs as you go through this process that I know will be heartrending for you, your friends, and your community. When I read the article you linked on FB I was really surprised to that Macon, GA store is also closing...I lived about 15 miles from there and worked in Macon for a little while....it's a larger city than the city where we lived, and that city is keeping its Target. So I was surprised. The only thing I can think with the Macon store is that it's in a less desirable part of town and many businesses are moving away from that part of town as the population dwindles and the crime rates go up....? I don't know. I just know that it's sad. Please take care of yourself and try to sleep....

I love your bags and ears. Love them. I'm excited to see what you ended up doing for your Donald ears.

The pictures Allison took of you are fabulous -- but that's because you are fabulous. She's a great photographer, and you are very photogenic. I know what it's like to feel frumpy because your clothes are too big -- I don't like it, either. But truly, you look great -- my focus was on your face and your radiant smile -- had you not pointed out that your clothes were big I would not have noticed. Truly.

I am getting frustrated because we still don't have the price in from our builder so that we can finalize it and sign a contract. I'm worried that he won't be able to start the house before the weather gets bad... Early last week he was waiting on the quotes from one of the subcontractors who was on vacation....surely that should be in by now. I'm getting antsy.....

I get to spend some one-on-one time with Alyssa this weekend...we're going to go birthday and Christmas shopping for her husband, and Brie has a lacrosse tournament out of state and Mark is going to that. I had already made some other commitments for this weekend before we knew about the tournament -- one of which is to attend the wedding reception of a dear friend from when we lived in Georgia -- I've known her since she was six years old and she was one of my youth group girls when I was in charge of our church youth group in Georgia, so I just can't miss that. So I'll miss seeing Brie play in her first college tournament, but she said that's fine since it's preseason and doesn't count. LOL I know she likes that I go to the games, but she really wants Mark to be there since he's also athletic and can give her specific feedback. All I can do is sit in the stands and cheer.

Hugs to you, my friend...

Thank you - it has been a tough week, but I am starting to feel much better about the whole situation... It was just a big and unexpected blow! I didn't sleep well for a few nights - but I've slept soundly for the last 2, so it's getting better. Trying to remain positive and enjoy our time while the store is open and our friends are still there. ::yes::

I am sure there are SO many factors that go into closing a store... Being in a less-desirable location is likely a biggie... As Target has a certain image they like to uphold... Hopefully all of those Team Members are able to relocate or find other jobs easily too.

Thank you - I am not sure what I am doing for my other Donald Ear yet??? So, as of this moment - it's just sitting there half-finished. I've looked at my personal bag list, and our park days and it's entirely possible that Donald will be staying home this trip? :scratchin We'll see...

Thank you! I always feel like Allison can capture me the best... Some of my best pictures are when she does something crazy to make me laugh - then "snap"... LOL We have fun - I wish she would take me out more often. :lovestruc

I've come to the conclusion that I am just going to hide my frumpy clothes under my winter jackets... Many layers, if necessary. :lmao: However, even a few of my jackets are getting big on me... I am a little worried about the fall windbreaker jacket I was planning to bring to WDW with me... ::yes:: And my big heavy down parka jacket - that one was borderline too big for me last year - before I lost this - so I am a bit nervous that one won't fit at all this year... Oh well - V has a few coats she never wears, I'll just steal her's until I get to a size that I want to invest in a new coat. ::yes::

I was so thinking you'd have a price by now... I sure hope they are able to get started on the house before the weather turns bad. I cannot imagine how hard it is to wait like this - especially living with others... I am sure you just want to get settled - especially this time of year, the holidays coming and all. :hug: Sending lots of prayers and pixie dust your way, that you get your price soon and you can move forward - with a quick END date!!! :hug:

Sorry that you are missing Brie's first tournament... but it does sound like you have a fabulous weekend planned... and definitely events that are important to you too... Enjoy your weekend - guilt free - and know that you will go to Brie's other events. :) It's OK Momma - we can't always be there for everything - sometimes it's just the fact that we *want to* that makes all the difference to the kids. :lovestruc Good luck to Brie though - she will do well! ::yes::

Have a great weekend and enjoy your time with Alyssa! :lovestruc

*************************************************************************************************************

I have had a busy few days here...

Thank you so much for all of the support and well wishes (and hugs too) concerning my store closing... I think it was just the shock of it all... I mean - WHO closes a Target store???? Really???? It's unheard of. All these years - I've had so many options and ways to choose my path with Target... many holidays where I wished our company treated us better - but this was just not one that ever occurred to me at all.... I always thought, no matter what, I'd always have my store to go back to, and to shop in, and friends to see there - even if I chose to leave Target... So not having that "place" to go is likely the hardest part in all of this. ::yes:: I still have well over a month to give Target my "decision" - and even then - they are flexible on that date... So, I am just hanging back and seeing what everyone else is doing... I may follow suit - or I may go my own direction? I've applied at a few places this week - as finding a job in retail this time of year is much easier than waiting until February... I may end up with 3 jobs for a while - as I refuse to leave Target and my Team through all of this. The reality is that I don't *have to* go anywhere - so if I find another retail job, it will be on my terms, and it will be because I want to be there, and with a company that I want to work for... Otherwise - I am busy enough at home where I could easily sustain myself and my contributions to the family financially without having to *settle* for doing something I don't want to do. Because of that - I am more worried about my co-workers than I am for myself... There are many that have nothing else and NEED that job. It's very heart-wrenching to watch. :( I am very thankful that our community is surrounding all of us with support and - for lack of a better word - "priority" when it comes to open positions. We are very fortunate in that respect. :lovestruc

I was in town yesterday - and I did my first "spin" around Target since the announcement... I've been to the store several times during the week - but I've barely gone "into" the store... It was just heartbreaking to "know" how this is all going to play out. However - I did make it to the back part, or seasonal area... I wanted to get a picture of our last Holiday display... I wanted it while the product was still "brand" and full... So, yes - I was that weird person in Target yesterday taking pictures of the store. ::yes:: You'd never know it, a month from now, this will be empty and walled off.

8E5EE9DB-20CB-4BA2-AE03-51D0750C2DD3.jpg

Noting that we ALWAYS had the shiniest floors in any Target store I have ever seen - Never was there a time when I couldn't see my reflection in our floors... something I was always proud of - even though I had NO part in it... Our store always was the cleanest - above and beyond any other.

Just trying to move on and move forward... It's not often that God puts up a very distinguishable "Fork" sign in your path... I do not know which direction I am going, but I know it will be good. :lovestruc

Disney ramblings

A selfie for you all... Wearing the fall-type jacket that I am planning to bring with to Disney... I am hoping it's heavy enough. :scratchin

12FD6DBE-4B79-42D6-BED4-4CB8D7460133.jpg

And finally... I've been doing a lot of "distract with wise mind" this week... Which for me - is working... Sometimes obsessively so. ::yes:: I've been working on this bag set for our trip, on and off for the last few weeks... This is a theme I have wanted for many years, but I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to do it? All I knew, is that I definitely wanted it to be Over The Top - and I knew I couldn't do it the justice I wanted to do, without ears... So, once I started making my new ears - well - this theme was FIRST on my list! And to say I am excited about it is truly an understatement... I cannot wait to wear this one in the parks! I am pulling together my outfit a little at a time to go with it... And probably the best part - a lot of my other accessories (Donald specifically) coordinate with the colors of this bag - so I won't have to invest in anything other than what I've made here. ::yes:: Awesome - right?

Some of you saw this on FB yesterday - so I apologize for the duplicate - it's just so exciting, I have to share again! ::yes::

F8BF3894-E6C2-46F0-948E-DFD46DC88A7D.jpg

And then... I am trying to do some "theme organizing" - I do this for every trip. I decide what I am wearing for the day based on the parks we are in - and I try to have something that coordinates for various weather conditions... So, here is what I am thinking for each park.... Would you move them around at all? Thoughts?

MK - Dumbo
MK - Red Mickey/Pluto
Epcot - Aqua Mickey/Pluto
DHS - Don't want to reveal theme yet - it's Pixar though
AK - Don't want to reveal them yet - it's AK appropriate though
Off - Goofy
Off - Steam Boat Willie

As you can see - as of now, Donald doesn't make the cut. :( Unless I don't get my theme for DHS or AK completed - then Donald will be my stand-in...

My other thought is if I switch the red and aqua Mickey/Pluto themes around - because for V's trip - I did the red Mickey/Pluto in MK - and I don't like to have all the same pictures with the same themes in the same parks... ::yes::

I think the aqua Mickey/Pluto would also go good in MK - just as the Red set would go good in Epcot... :scratchin

EA96FB7D-64D3-445C-AE16-9E19BE3EBA4A.jpg

I know... I probably put too much thought into this. ::yes:: LOL

I have a busy day ahead of me today... I am planning to bring Dad to church this morning - one of the church members has offered to take him home after - which means only 1 trip for me... Very thankful for that. ::yes::

Then I plan to work upstairs all weekend - I plan to get all caught up on everything, so then all I have to worry about in my spare time is our own trip stuff. ::yes:: Then I might have a chance at getting it all done.

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! Again - thank you so much for your kind words surrounding my Target store closing... I am well aware that there are so many other things out there in this world that are tragic, and this is not one of them, by any means... but it is still sad for me - so I greatly appreciate your kind words and hugs. :hug:

Sending out Pixie Dust to all! :grouphug:

D~

I can understand that you worry about your co-workers and what will happen to them especially when you don't have to worry about how you are going to earn money :hug:

How great that a church member has offered to take your dad home after church.

The Dumbo bag and ears looks great :woohoo:

The casserole I make oatmeal in every day for lunch broke earlier this week. So I bought a new one on Friday. I came home and opened the package it was in and realized that the lid for it was broken. So I decided to go back to the store today to get it replaced. I wanted to do it today since I don't like the casserole I had to use since my oatmeal casserole was broken. When I got to the parking area of the store I deeply regretted it. It was so many people at the mall. It took ages to get the casserole returned and to get a new one. I asked them at the store to check the new casserole so I didn't come home with another broken casserole. When I saw how many people there were in the mall I remembered why I don't go shopping on Saturdays. The closer we get to Christmas this many people will be at the mall even on a weekday when I usually can shop almost alone at the store.

Last edited:
Totally in love with your dumbo set. Lots of sewing on my plate today. Yesterday I went to my DAR Districts Annual Veterans Day Lunch which is always nice as we are raising money for our Local Veterans Hospital and I was just appointed the deputy representative for our district.

Looking forward to some sewing and working with my silhouette today on a couple of projects.

I can understand that you worry about your co-workers and what will happen to them especially when you don't have to worry about how you are going to earn money

How great that a church member has offered to take your dad home after church.

The Dumbo bag and ears looks great

The casserole I make oatmeal in every day for lunch broke earlier this week. So I bought a new one on Friday. I came home and opened the package it was in and realized that the lid for it was broken. So I decided to go back to the store today to get it replaced. I wanted to do it today since I don't like the casserole I had to use since my oatmeal casserole was broken. When I got to the parking area of the store I deeply regretted it. It was so many people at the mall. It took ages to get the casserole returned and to get a new one. I asked them at the store to check the new casserole so I didn't come home with another broken casserole. When I saw how many people there were in the mall I remembered why I don't go shopping on Saturdays. The closer we get to Christmas this many people will be at the mall even on a weekday when I usually can shop almost alone at the store.

Yes - it's so hard to see so many of us struggling with what our next step will be... I guess, the bright side is that we are all in the exact same position, so we can lean on eachother. :lovestruc

Yes - it helps a lot to have a couple of other people willing to help out, even if it isn't often - it makes is possible for me to take him to church at times where I otherwise couldn't. I think he appreciates that a lot. :)

Thank you - it is one of my all-time favorite sets! ::yes::

I am glad you were able to get your casserole dish exchanged, but I do know what you mean - shopping this time of year is not fun at all, and I definitely don't enjoy it... Which is the exact reason that I don't go to the MOA between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and if I *have to*, it's a week day morning at opening - otherwise it's a crazy mess.

:worship: The Dumbo ears are amazing!!! The bag is cute too!

Thank you - I am so excited about them! I cannot wait to wear them in the parks!

Totally in love with your dumbo set. Lots of sewing on my plate today. Yesterday I went to my DAR Districts Annual Veterans Day Lunch which is always nice as we are raising money for our Local Veterans Hospital and I was just appointed the deputy representative for our district.

Looking forward to some sewing and working with my silhouette today on a couple of projects.

Thank you - I am so excited to finally have this theme!

It sounds like you had a busy, but rewarding day yesterday! And congratulations :woohoo: on your appointment!!! WTG!!! You are well deserving of it - and they couldn't have asked for a better person! :woohoo:

Enjoy your day Chiara! :lovestruc

*************************************************************************************************************

I figured I better take a few minutes to get some quotes done here today, before they get out of hand again. LOL

I took Dad to church yesterday morning - I was happy to be able to do it. ::yes:: I am still so thankful and relieved to have him so close by, it makes things that used to be chaotic & impossible - actually manageable & enjoyable. :lovestruc

After, I came home and worked on last week's bag for a little while. So far, I am very happy with it... It's a fun theme, and one I've never done before - so that makes it even more exciting for me. ::yes::

Then, I began work on my next set of Ears... It's like a giant puzzle for me - trying to figure out exactly how I want to make them flow... And then how I want them to coordinate with the bag... This particular theme has been especially trying and difficult. Many times - I know what I want to do - I put it together and decide it doesn't look right - so then I have to rethink it. I have several options here, and it seems that nothing is making my brain go "eureka!" - not like my Dumbo set did. So, this will be a lot of trial and error, I think? :scratchin Anyways - the one Ear I've finished so far is incredible - and I am super excited about it... It's the other ear, and how the colors go/don't go that really have me perplexed... I am trying to figure out if there is anything I can do to pull it together - or if I need to scrap it and do something else? LOL

That was my entire day yesterday...

Josh and I both decided that we didn't want to cook - so we walked down to the local bar/restaurant and had dinner... They were unusually slow, but our meal was good. :)

Today... I plan to work on a side project this morning...

Then I will go back to my own Ear/Bag conundrum, and see if there is any way I can save it as it sits? :scratchin

I have no idea what is for dinner tonight, or who will be home?

My week ahead is pretty normal - not too much exciting is going on. :)

I hope you all have a nice Sunday! :) Prayers and pixie dust to all! :grouphug:

D~

I love your photo shoot with Allison. You look very happy. And you also look very slim. I think the large tops make your legs look thinner. :)

And not only are we losing our only Target store - we are also losing our only Starbucks... So, that's sucky too. ::yes::
Is that the Starbucks that Allison used to work at?

Some of you saw this on FB yesterday - so I apologize for the duplicate - it's just so exciting, I have to share again! ::yes::
I love how you made the separate designs for each ear. That is very clever and will make your ears stand out. :)

I though I'd stop by before I leave for the day. We're going to Pa. to shop at the outlets. Both my winter coats have had it, so it's time to look for a new one. We also plan to do some Christmas shopping for my niece.
I hope your co workers can find something. I know so many people that really need their jobs at our store. I hope you find something that you really would like doing.
Your Dumbo ears and bag are really cute and he's my least favorite character. It was nice of your dad's friends to take him home after church.
Enjoy your Sunday
Liz

I am completely in love with your Dumbo ears and bag. I love all your creations, but those are super cute!
Oh, and I have been meaning to mention, thank you so much for talking about and recommending your Bosch dishwasher a while back. When I needed a new one recently, I said to myself that D~ always does lots of research and if you thought it was a great buy and love it, then I'm going to skip my usually tons of research and agonizing over a purchase and go for it. I love my new dishwasher! I can't believe how great it washes the dishes and how quiet it is.

I'm so glad that taking your dad to church has become manageable and enjoyable for you :lovestruc It's so much easier to do things when they are manageable.

I can't wait to see the bag you are making. It's always fun to see what you have made.

I can imagine that it's difficult to make a new pair of ears after making the Dumbo ears that you are really happy with. It's like the standard is set higher for the next project after you've made a project that turned out really well.

In Norway it's fathers day today. So I bought some ecological 85% dark chocolate for my dad and I was invited for dinner at my parents house.
Last Christmas I got some home made crocheted wool socks with leather soles. The right foot sock doesn't fit my foot right so I'm walking on the edge of the sock and it's started to get broken. So I took the socks with me to my parents house to let my mother take a look at it to see if it could be fixed in some way so I don't damage the sock when walking with it. She took a look and found a way to make it better so I don't ruin it totally. I can't wait to see how it turns out when she has fixed it. I always have cold feet and I've tried different wool socks and slippers to keep me warm, but nothing has worked until I got the home made crocheted wool socks my mother made. So I'm crossing my fingers that she can fix them soon.

Hey there Dorine; well, between our road trip, work and life I am never going to get caught up on your PTR; but I have skimmed a bit. I am not getting notifications from the forums either which is nothing new. I wanted to send you a huge hug about your Target situation. It is so hard when we get uprooted quickly. God has a path for you; you have such a huge heart for everyone, including your co-workers. I feel for the ones who depend on their paycheck from Target. Hope your transition goes smoothly Dorine, and you find a welcome place to land. Did Allison work at the Starbucks there in the Target or at the one closing as well?

Your pics with Allison's photo shoot are amazing. You look so healthy and beautiful.

I am so enjoying your ears!! You are so talented, goodness. I keep seeing the Dumbo set and thinking of the scene with Dumbo and his mother and the song Baby of Mine. That scene gets to me every time. It will be interesting to see what weather you will encounter. I get so grumpy if I am too hot or too cold when I am out in the elements, I like to layer as well. During the road trip I was getting uncomfortable a few times on hikes as I had a large coat in the morning and then I would be getting warm about an hour in and I had to tie the darn thing around me which I can't stand. Loving all your outfits.

So, so good to see your Dad settling in more and more and getting to go to church. What a blessing.

I will be following along better now!!! Your trip is really coming up fast. Sending lots of love.

Coming out of lurkedom to say that I think you are amazing. You look fabulous. Such an inspiration. I am contemplating a diet for myself as I have about 60 pounds to lose. I'm trying to get in the right mindset and get it done. You make me want to do it.
Keep up the good work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter