"Server Busy"-Is it just me???

WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran
I am having a heckuva time even getting anything out of the site for the last couple of days. The irony is, when I do get domething, I can't find a single thread anywhere that makes it look like others are experiencing the same. I know this can't be true because I've run a large VBB before. Everyone must be seeing the same thing I am yet every time I DO get a refresh, I see lots of new posts. :confused3

I don't know if this thread will even take but if it does and a moderator would be so kind as to post some sort of response, I would appreciate it. A lot of us depend on this site daily for our fix. LOL

I can't be the only one that wonders what's going on and more importantly, if there is any speculation as to when it might be fixed. :(

I am having a heckuva time even getting anything out of the site for the last couple of days. The irony is, when I do get domething, I can't find a single thread anywhere that makes it look like others are experiencing the same. I know this can't be true because I've run a large VBB before. Everyone must be seeing the same thing I am yet every time I DO get a refresh, I see lots of new posts. :confused3

I don't know if this thread will even take but if it does and a moderator would be so kind as to post some sort of response, I would appreciate it. A lot of us depend on this site daily for our fix. LOL

I can't be the only one that wonders what's going on and more importantly, if there is any speculation as to when it might be fixed. :(

I am not having any problems getting onto the site at all.

I have moved this to our Tech Support board where you should be able to find some response. Good luck!

I'm getting a lot of 503 server is busy messages. It's very random though, sometimes I can open page 1 of a thread, but not page 2. I'd say it'd happening about 40-50% of the time I try to open a thread.

I solved that problem by removing three cookies.
bbthread_lastview
bbforumview
bbsessionhash

I use the latest Foxfire/Firefox.

I got to the point I could not use the site then I stripped cookies.
Recently it hit again, server busy, 503.
Stripped 2 or three cookies including bbsessionhash. All better.

I am not sure which of those three are the problem but I know one of them cookies is the fault.

It is absolutely a cookie problem. I visit a lot of boards with varying versions of VBB. I use the same screen name at many of them. Something fishy's still going on. I can't even get logged in with my old username (WilsonFlyer) yet this new one I just created works just fine.

Something's funky but at least I'm making progress. I never had any problems until we did the board upgrade last week.

-bob

And it is unique (at least for me) to my WilsonFlyer login. I have learned this through extensive testing on multiple machines. I've wiped temp internet directories (completely, cookies and temp cache files) and the whole nine yards along with a lot of other things to get to this point.

It always comes back to that ID on this board.

I REALLY do not want to lose the history in that account.

Is there anything an admin can do to help me out or head me in the right direction? I'm desperate here.

I had problems before and continue to have sporadic problems - getting a DISboards page to come up can sometimes take a minute or so. (I understand these things can take time to tweak, just relaying my personal experience.)

agnes!

I had problems before and continue to have sporadic problems - getting a DISboards page to come up can sometimes take a minute or so. (I understand these things can take time to tweak, just relaying my personal experience.)

agnes!

Yea. Not to undermine your issue but I've always had those sorts of issues. My other ID is just flat-out broken. I get the "Server Busy" dialog screen or worse, and most times, just a blank page (all white) and IE says Done in the status bar.

This is beyond just a performance issue.

Can somebody PLEASE (a site administrator) help me figure out why I can't use WilsonFlyer OR WilsonFlyer1 anymore???? I had to just register this one in order to even POST.

Something is desperately wrong. It is disturbing that no one is even paying attention. :confused3

I would be happy to share my PW for either ID above with an admin. Just e-mail me at wilsonflyer at nc rr com and I will send it to you. All you have to do is login from ANY browser ANYwhere and you will immediately see the problem.

Would somebody PLEASE help??? :worship:

THANK YOU BILL!!!

I have PM'ed the 411 to you and a couple other moderators and have e-mailed it to you as well. Please let me know what you find.

Thanks,
bob

BTW, the PW on WilsonFlyer1 is the same as the other one I sent.

For some magical reason, this one hasn't broken yet. :confused3

It APPEARS to be fixed. Anybody have any idea what gives? I'd like to know for my own intellectual curiosity.

I know CaskBill was working on it for me. Dunno who else may have been helping.

THANKS!

-bob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter