• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September weather?

justme73

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this has been addressed, but does anyone have an idea of the weather in September? We have a trip planned the second week and someone told me it was hurricane season then and expect a ton of rain?! I know from our last trip, which was July, that it rains just about every day at some point, but it wasn't a horrible rain then. Any help? Thanks!

We've made 3 September visits in recent years. It can be very rainy in September, but generally the showers don't seem to last very long. The worst part to us is the humidity, but if you're used to July, it probably won't bother you. :)

We were there in 9/01 (yes, including 9/11) and it was very humid. Our DD was 2.5 and the time. Every time she looked a little shot from the heat, we went indoors to get a drink, snack, etc. The AC worked wonders. The lines were very short. We had gotten lucky and got a good code at the Poly and we used the pool a lot, too. Some days it poured a lot and others didn't. The mornings were always beautiful. Actually the weather on our December 02 trip was worse. Cold and some days were complete washouts.

We were there Sept 5-9, 2001. Each morning was gorgeous and sunny. By 1 or 2 every afternoon it began pouring. It poured for HOURS!!! So, bring ponchos and plan a few indoor activities just in case.

We have been in Sept 2000 and 2002. It was very hot but very sunny as well. Last year it rained two times for 10 minutes each in the 9 days we were there. I know each year can be different, I always watch the hurricanes as our trip gets closer.

We have been 3 times in September. It is usually hot in the morning and it usually rains in the afternoon. We go to the parks early, leave after lunch for swimming and nap during the rain. You can go back in the evening when its cooler.

We have been in Sept twice--staying for 9 days. Each visit it was hot (but being from Texas it felt just like home;) ). It also rained atleast part of the day 2 to 3 days. The first visit we didnt have 2 little ones so we just got our rain poncho's and had a good time in the parks--no much of a crowd when it rains. The scond time we had little ones so my mil took them back to the room.

Just so you know, hurricane season runs from June through OCtober. You rarely see people not going in July because of it! :)

We were there sept 6-15 2002. We had rain during the day a few times, but it was quick. There were at least 3 evenings when we had pouring raing for ~2 hours at around 5 or 6 pm. This wasn't a problem when we were staying at AKL (all parts of the hotel are connected by covered walkways). However, when we were at the Polynesian we got drenched (even with ponchos) on the way to 'Ohana (from Tokelau).

When it wasn't raining it was sunny & hot.

We love travelling in september because crowds are so small. It really makes up for any weather issues!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter