September Crowds - Adults vs Families

Lexx1214

Mouseketeer
DH and I are booked for end of September. Any one know what the crowds are like that time of year? I know they are are supposed to be light, but we were wondering about their composition. Are they mostly adults? Families? Young children? Or the typical mix? Curious if as a couple in our mid and early 40s if we will stick out like a sore thumb in a younger or family orientated thumb or if there will be more people like us at that time of year.

DH and I are booked for end of September. Any one know what the crowds are like that time of year? I know they are are supposed to be light, but we were wondering about their composition. Are they mostly adults? Families? Young children? Or the typical mix? Curious if as a couple in our mid and early 40s if we will stick out like a sore thumb in a younger or family orientated thumb or if there will be more people like us at that time of year.

From my understanding, fewer families overall due to school but there will be some still. Food & Wine will be going on as well, so a lot of adults will go to that, with more locals and college kids on weekends.

Sept is the worst weather at WDW all year. Late Sept included.

It’s not only hotter than the sun, it rains every afternoon, so it’s a wet, sticky heat.

There are no light crowds at WDW anymore; so sticking out in a crowd shouldn’t be a concern at all.

As a WDW frequent flyer, though, we try to avoid Sept. Because the weather is stifling.

Curious if as a couple in our mid and early 40s if we will stick out like a sore thumb in a younger or family orientated thumb or if there will be more people like us at that time of year.
You will not stick out like a sore thumb. In general people are focused on themselves and their family and friends.

WDW is an all-ages place. Many couples of all ages go at all times of the year without kids. There are dozens of solo travelers there at any given time of year. I think you'll find you will have a terrific time with no one looking at you as if you are sore thumb.

We've been midweek in February and there were lots of families around. There are always lots of families around WDW- 365 days per year. I'm an elementary school teacher and can tell you from experience that many parents aren't hesitant to take their kids out of school for vacations. There will be plenty of adult couples there, too. All kinds of people are around and no one sticks out.

Late August is quite busy as it's the beginning of the fall crush, and Food & Wine and the Halloween parties begin then, as well. Expect MK to be extra crowded on non-party days.

We went September 2017 and yes I'm that guy that takes our kids out of school. We didn't see any more couples vs families then we did in November 2016. We liked September better so booked it again for this year. November weather was nicer but it only rained 2 days this past september when Irma came through and one short shower a few days later. It was hot but we live in GA and use to the heat so it was no big deal for us. F&W and MNSSHP are great! Have fun!

Thank you all for your responses.

We aren’t too worried about the heat. I love the heat and the hotter the better. While we do live in Ottawa, Canada, our summers easily hit 40C (104F) and that’s when I usually notice it’s a little warm. I’m usually cold at home from September until May, so a week of hot and humid days in September will be like an extension of summer.

Great to know that it’ll be a solid mix of visitors. DH and I love meeting new people and it would be great to have other couples to chat with.

Sept is the worst weather at WDW all year. Late Sept included.

It’s not only hotter than the sun, it rains every afternoon, so it’s a wet, sticky heat.

There are no light crowds at WDW anymore; so sticking out in a crowd shouldn’t be a concern at all.

As a WDW frequent flyer, though, we try to avoid Sept. Because the weather is stifling.

Way to make someone excited about their trip! Lol I went last September and as someone from Scotland where it is Cold most of the time, I loved it! There was a couple of days it was super hot but only got one day of rain in a week. I had one of those cpoking towels and it was a god send.
Crowds were a bit busier than I expected but I went week after Irma and suspect a lot of people had rescheduled
It was fantastic anyways!

We will be there in September. And we are in our early to mid 50's. Oh, and no little ones in our party.

I’m going in September, Floridian friends tell me it’s hot, but I wasn’t too too hot in June so I think I’ll be ok :)

Can’t wait! Most people are in school and work in September I think it’s gonna be fab!

Me and DH are going for the last 2 weeks of september and we can't wait. We've traditionally always been in September and the crowds have always been good...however our last wdw trip was in 2012 so it'll be interesting to see how crowd levels have changed!

Thank you all for your responses.

We aren’t too worried about the heat. I love the heat and the hotter the better. While we do live in Ottawa, Canada, our summers easily hit 40C (104F) and that’s when I usually notice it’s a little warm. I’m usually cold at home from September until May, so a week of hot and humid days in September will be like an extension of summer.

Great to know that it’ll be a solid mix of visitors. DH and I love meeting new people and it would be great to have other couples to chat with.

I’m from Ottawa too!

Our last trip was the end of September and we loved it! We're two adults and we enjoy ourselves. It is Disney after all so there are definitely families but we never felt out of place. We're going again the last week of this upcoming September. There are afternoon showers but that's a perfect time for some R&R back at your hotel then head to parks later when lots of the families retire. Take advantage of the evening magic hours if you're staying on property- we noticed the crowds were so low during the evening EMH. Walking around Epcot with hardly anyone there was awesome!

Our last trip was the end of September and we loved it! We're two adults and we enjoy ourselves. It is Disney after all so there are definitely families but we never felt out of place. We're going again the last week of this upcoming September. There are afternoon showers but that's a perfect time for some R&R back at your hotel then head to parks later when lots of the families retire. Take advantage of the evening magic hours if you're staying on property- we noticed the crowds were so low during the evening EMH. Walking around Epcot with hardly anyone there was awesome!
I will be there then as well.

I will be going solo at the end of Sept/early October. No one cares about the other people at the parks, unless they do something annoying like stop right in front of you or block the pathway. Oh and my personal favorite, wait in for 20 minutes to order food and not look at the menu and decide what you want until you get to the cashier. Don't ever be that person. :P

Depends on when in September. We went mid/end September and it was mostly couples or families with younger children/babies. (My theory was most parents won’t pull their kids out of school for a vacation at the beginning of the school year..?) We did notice larger crowds on the weekends. September overall was fantastic, we had great weather and caught the start of the food and wine festival. You picked a great time to go, have fun!!!

Husband and I are going on our first trip without the kids! They are grown now - but I'm sure they won't be happy that we are going without them!:headache: We will be there last week of September - so looking forward to it. Even if it is hot...It's DISNEY!! :lovestruc

You will have your mix of families (grandparents, parents, teenagers, kids) and young adults there. One thing that surprised me was a lot of seniors touring the parks/Disney Springs as well. I too had the impression WDW was for just young kids and families the first time I went, but was surprised there are so many seniors enjoying the Disney experience. You will not stick out as there are many people your age enjoying the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!