September 9, 2018 WBTA - Dover to New York

Native New Yorker, now living in Orlando, FL. We are also on the previous British Isles cruise. Looking for things to do in England for 4 days before our BI cruise. - Mike
yes please would like advice on where to stay in new York!!

yes please would like advice on where to stay in new York!!

There are a number of well-known chain hotels between Times Square and the port that you can probably find decent prices for. I like to use sites like Priceline to find the best prices. But you can't go wrong with Hilton Garden Inn, Doubletree or Residence Inn all which are in the upper 30s off of Ninth Avenue.

How did they handle the B2B passengers, were you sent off and re-board or did they handle it on the ship morning of and night before. We have only done B2B in U.S. ports where you have to re-enter but have heard from some that UK ports may not require that.

Howdy fellow cruisers! Myself, my DH, and DS17 will joining you for our first transatlantic. I’m a little worried about the waves and my tummy as I had a bad experience on my last Atlantic cruise out of NYC, but I’m going to patch up. I love long cruises and can’t wait to go to London!

There are but Cork is a new port for DCL and they haven't posted any available for that particular port yet.

Yeah, I checked this morning. They have Portsmouth and Dover, but no Cork yet. We'l iI guess they have about 4 months to fix that.

Also for those of you that are curious about the first port - Portland, you're better googling Weymouth, that's the town the port is in.

I'm from the UK so I'll try and give you an idea of what to expect! It's what we call a "seaside town", so if you're wanting to try proper fish & chips this will be the place! There'll be plenty of places to grab a drink (think classic English pub) and there'll be loads English high street shops as well as loads of little shops with all kinds of bits and pieces.

?
Also for those of you that are curious about the first port - Portland, you're better googling Weymouth, that's the town the port is in.

I'm from the UK so I'll try and give you an idea of what to expect! It's what we call a "seaside town", so if you're wanting to try proper fish & chips this will be the place! There'll be plenty of places to grab a drink (think classic English pub) and there'll be loads English high street shops as well as loads of little shops with all kinds of bits and pieces.

Hey, y’all! Traveling with DH, celebrating our 30th anniversary. This will be our platinum cruise (finally!). We’ll be in London the week before; first time for both of us.

Si C, we are doing Stonehenge the week befor, so will probably just stay in town. Fish & chips are definitely of interest to DH. What else can be done in the area? We’re not shoppers, really.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!