September 2015 Countdown!

We are here now and on day 7 of our 9-day trip. The weather has been a little shaky this week and the crowds have not been great either. If this is what crowds are like on days expected to be 1s and 2a then I would hate to see what 8s and 9s are like.

My Magic + has worked pretty well for us. Full trip report coming soon. We will be flying home on Sunday. One more day in the MK tomorrow morning and Epcot at night.

Grumpus and I got home last Saturday! Here is the latest video in our vlog! Please subscribe if you like us!

We are here now and on day 7 of our 9-day trip. The weather has been a little shaky this week and the crowds have not been great either. If this is what crowds are like on days expected to be 1s and 2a then I would hate to see what 8s and 9s are like.

My Magic + has worked pretty well for us. Full trip report coming soon. We will be flying home on Sunday. One more day in the MK tomorrow morning and Epcot at night.
Just curious...did you check out the crowd calendar and go by it? The suggested parks for each day I mean.

I agree with you regarding crowds. The only day that didn't feel crowded to me was when we were in Epcot and that's only because I'm used to Food & Wine Festival crowds.

Waiting for the dme ride to the airport :(. Such a great trip but I need a break. Best way to cure the Disney blues is starting the next count down till our trip in January. I can't wait for less humidity.

Just curious...did you check out the crowd calendar and go by it? The suggested parks for each day I mean.
I looked closely at the crowd projections from Easy WDW and Touring Plans. I didn't follow the recommended parks religiously, but was pretty close.

Neither site predicted anything above a 4 while we were here and most days were forecast as 1 or 2. I wasn't expecting a ghost town, but I think many others saw the projections and decided to join me this week; which of course means the projections were off.

I just went to look at touring plans results for this past week. They were projecting lots of 1s, 2s, and 3s but "what they saw" we're mostly 4's, 5's, 6's. Like I said, I guess many folks were attracted to those projections.

We were looking forward to low crowds during our trip (5-12th) also and that didn't really happen. I think everyone caught on to September being a good time to go for lower crowds...

Just arrived in Orlando. I was able to get on the ME within 15 min of walking off the plane. I'm very impressed, especially since I'm staying at a value resort this year. Last September I stayed at POFQ and I waited in line over an hour to board the ME.

EDIT,
Just got the text, they have my room ready and I can skip the desk. Disney is being very generous with the pixie dust this year.

Last edited:
So we just decided to leave a day early so we'll be there Sunday instead of Monday! So excited to get an extra day. Staying at a Cars suite at AoA since our resort was sold out for Sunday night. Eeeee!

I had an amazing day at Epcot yesterday. The longest wait was 15-20 minutes, most were walk-on. The crowds were actually pretty light. I noticed 2 or 3 foreign tour groups, they were very nice, most of what I read them was rather negative.

For dinner I went to Portobello in Disney Springs, I had the ravioli and I have to say they were HUGE. They give you 3 and each one was as big as my hand, and I have big hands, they were very tasty. I will definitely be going back on my next trip.

Day 2 at AK. (Wanted to write this yesterday but HS lacks in shaded seating, and it was hot.)

Lines were not too long today, due to being a solo rider I walked on to almost every ride. My longest wait was Kilimanjaro safaris (my second time that day). Managed to hit all the rides, and most of the attractions, I missed the last showing of flights of wonder.

I managed to keep cool all day with the wonderful amounts of shade and a few cups of watermelon lemonade, which I have to say was very good especially on a hot day.

I went to the boathouse for dinner. I had intended to get one of the amazing burgers I have heard about, but decided to try lobster. I got the baked crab stuffed lobster, it was so good I almost skipped desert just so the taste would linger in a bit longer.

Now for day 3, at HS.

Today the park was a little crowded. Wait times averaged 30 min, which was the longest I ended up waiting. I still managed to walk on to most rides, even making it on the great movie ride twice. My average wait was about 10 min, it is great to be a solo rider and fast passes to the more popular rides are a must. You can always try running to the popular rides right after the parks open, but that is how I ended up with a blister on the first day of my trip last year.

At 4pm I decided I wanted to see both light motors action and Indiana Jones, the problem was there was only 7min between the last showing of each. I went to LMA first and made the poor decision of sitting in the 3rd row. So right after the guy slid through the fire (he did not catch fire so the lit him up with a blowtorch) I ran up than down what seemed to be over 200 steps. After stopping a second to catch my breath I then proceded to run all the way to Indiana Jones. This was no small task, as I am a bit more above average weight than I would like to admit. I managed to make it to the show with a minute to spare, and 3min before my legs gave out and I fell into my seat. OK, maybe it was not that bad nor was I that exhausted but it sure felt like it at the time.

After my run I did not feel up to the hike to dinner at disney Springs, nor the more than likely standing trip on the bus both ways. I ended up settling on pizza from my resort, I will say it was not that bad.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!