Second guessing my trip dates...

dboughner

Earning My Ears
So, I would really appreciate some help! I've booked a trip for Nov 3-9, 2018. I know this is jersey week, but I was really hoping that crowds wouldn't be that bad. I looked at the historical data on touring plans for the past several years and what they predict for this year. According to them, the crowd level isn't very different from the second week in Nov. Any input from those that know better?

That week includes the Wine & Dine Half this year as well.

It will be busy. You will need to plan dining and FP+, and the wise will avoid Epcot Thursday-Sunday. Discounts will be in short supply when announced, so if you are hoping for w good discount for your dates, temper your expectation.

The crown calendars will go up so expect crowds.

We’re doing 11/2-11/11. We’re in NJ and usually go in the summer but my daughter and i wanted to see some Xmas decorations and not deal with August heat again so we chose jersey week. We know it’ll be crowded so i added two days (and doing 8 day park tickets) so we can have a more leisurely approach. I’m expecting huge crowds and i told DD12 this and she said she’s fine with it and that we will still have fun!!

We were at WDW for two weeks in November. The first week was jersey week/marathon weekend. It was much busier than week two - and week two began with Remembrance Day (or Veterans Day in US speak). A very noticeable difference IMO.

So, I would really appreciate some help! I've booked a trip for Nov 3-9, 2018. I know this is jersey week, but I was really hoping that crowds wouldn't be that bad. I looked at the historical data on touring plans for the past several years and what they predict for this year. According to them, the crowd level isn't very different from the second week in Nov. Any input from those that know better?
I was in disney from Nov.4-10th, 2017. Let me tell you, IT WAS CROWDED! :crowded::crowded: VERY VERY CROWDED. I went into the trips expecting it to be packed, and I got it! Secretly i was hoping to be wrong...but nope, it was bad. I think there were crowds due to a) the taping of the xmas specials b) jersey week c) the marathon (cant remember which one).

Keep in mind i still had a blast. BUT im not sure i'd return at that time ever again. I went during that period because i liked the fact that there were no party dates during my trip (its annoying having MK closed at 7pm for most of the week). Let me tell you, looking back, i think i'd rather suffer with party dates than to experience those crowds again. I had a friend who went just before me, last two weeks in Oct, and he said it was decent crowds.

For me, most likely future trips will be in Oct. Not going the first week of Nov again.

Side note: I had a blast because I was a "professional extra" for the xmas specials that aired in December. :) I saw Fifth Harmony, Raven Simone, Ciara, etc! So fun! I saw the taping for xmas day...i didnt make it on tv but it was fun nonetheless.

I was hoping it wouldn't be that bad. You all have given me something to think about. Now I'm not really sure what to do!

I will echo the others and say to expect crowded conditions. We used to do a trip each year for the half, which almost always coincided with Jersey week (and my birthday which was nice) and you will certainly notice the crowds. That said, we always had a great time. We no longer enjoy that particular half marathon so we now go in September/early October and it is noticeably less crowded, but also likely to be significantly hotter, so like everything else in life there's a trade off. Personally, I prefer the crowds to the heat based on our more relaxed touring style, but if I were planning on a more park-centric trip, I would choose the heat over the crowds, although it always could be very hot in November as well so it isn't a fool-proof plan either.

I will echo the others and say to expect crowded conditions. We used to do a trip each year for the half, which almost always coincided with Jersey week (and my birthday which was nice) and you will certainly notice the crowds. That said, we always had a great time. We no longer enjoy that particular half marathon so we now go in September/early October and it is noticeably less crowded, but also likely to be significantly hotter, so like everything else in life there's a trade off. Personally, I prefer the crowds to the heat based on our more relaxed touring style, but if I were planning on a more park-centric trip, I would choose the heat over the crowds, although it always could be very hot in November as well so it isn't a fool-proof plan either.

We last went the second week in Nov back in 2013. It was wonderful! Now it seems that so much has changed, I'm not sure what to expect. We won't be doing MVMCP, so I was looking forward to not worrying about scheduling around that. Oh well. I've been leaning towards changing our dates, and this thread may just be the final push I need. Thanks again everyone!

Bummer, sometimes ya gotta bite the bullet and just go.

We will be there Mardi Gras week the first week of March 2019. It's our only time to get the kids out of school. Oh well. Hard to plan around crowds these days.

We usually go the week before Thanksgiving, and though it can be crowded we don't find it impossible. But, we stay at the Poly because hubby wasn't fond of the crowds at the bus stops, so if you're staying at a bus resort, keep that in mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!