Seated With Stranger's Children

Visiting a theme park = close proximity to strangers all day. I don't draw a distinction between EE, the stretching room, or Jungle Cruise. We almost always shared a row on GMR and now MM:RR (if in a small group).
Very true. However, I see a bit of a difference between being in close proximity to people all day and physically touching them (like tight seating on a ride). I'm not a huge fan of either, but I really don't like it when I'm touching random strangers/they're touching me.

At least out and about in the parks you do have some control over your proximity to others (not total control, but you can find a quieter spot/table/etc.).

Very true. However, I see a bit of a difference between being in close proximity to people all day and physically touching them (like tight seating on a ride). I'm not a huge fan of either, but I really don't like it when I'm touching random strangers/they're touching me.

At least out and about in the parks you do have some control over your proximity to others (not total control, but you can find a quieter spot/table/etc.).
Yeah, I'm not a fan of crammed buses, especially on hot summer days.

the other spot that bugged me was the queue one time at Hagrid's. The people in front of us had cocktails, the guys in back of us were vaping, and parts of the queue are a bit claustrophobic with no staff.

Forgot to add in my previous post but I was listening to an Allears video from the past month and one of the contributors mentioned that as a single rider they were sat with strangers at Navi River Journey. They said this is a very recent change as in the past they were given their own row. He also said the rows are a tight squeeze so you may be closer than you'd like with your row-mate.
As a party of two we've been squeezed with another party of two on Navi almost every time. It's been that way for at least couple of years. It's a ridiculously tight fit as we aren't the smallest of people.

On our last trip (2022) we rode GOTG as a party of three (myself and two kids). We got split and my son rode in the car in front of my daughter and I with a guy who was also with a group and got split up. I was instructing my son to put his hat/glasses in the pouch and explained to his ride partner that he was the thrill ride kid, and I was riding with the one that was NOT but always wants to try the new rides (she loves EE, but not BTMRR). He was very cool and we were all excited to ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter