Seasonal Annual Pass/Mardi Gras Question

Padstack

DIS Veteran
The Seasonal Pass shows that it is blacked out for concerts dates, but I am not sure if this includes the whole Mardi Gras or just the nights they have special concerts.

If it is just the special concert and if the concert is on the first day that I activate the pass, will I be allowed into USO?

The Seasonal Pass shows that it is blacked out for concerts dates, but I am not sure if this includes the whole Mardi Gras or just the nights they have special concerts.

If it is just the special concert and if the concert is on the first day that I activate the pass, will I be allowed into USO?
It's the nights when a concert is staged during Mardi Gras that is blacked out for Season Passes. I believe last year there are something going on every night which was a change from previous years. Friday through Sunday will definitely be blacked out since that's when the large acts perform. The schedule won't be released until very late...as usual. So you'll have to wait to see what dates will be blocked.

Did you already buy your pass?
Many people have purchased a multi day two park ticket to get into the park and then upgraded to a season pass before leaving the park, so if you know that your first day will be a day with a concert that is an option.

I found last years concert schedule and the dates were all Friday and Saturday nights. On a side note, it really bugs me that they wait so long to post a schedule. They must know well in advance what days the concerts are because they have to book the acts far in advance. It seems to me that Universal wants to be considered a destination vacation but how can people plan if they wait until the last minute to release details of special events that will affect people's vacations? Ok, rant over.

It seems to me that Universal wants to be considered a destination vacation but how can people plan if they wait until the last minute to release details of special events that will affect people's vacations? Ok, rant over.
totally agree. we got seasonal passes since our Dec vacation did not conflict with any blackout dates. Now it seems there will be Manheim Steemroller concerts at US which may or may not block us out depending on who you talk to at guest services. So not only are they not very forthcoming with advance notice, they give you conflicting information.

Only the actual concert nights, and only the park the concert is at, so you can still visit the other park.

Previous poster is correct, though. Buy any multi day ticket that costs less than the type of season pass you want to purchase. Then upgrade the multi day ticket to a season pass at guest relations inside the park.

If you update on a concert day, keep in mind that if you exit the park, you won't be able to re-enter with the season pass. Make sure you either wait to upgrade after all the concert days have passed or stay inside the park during a concert day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter