Sea world Christmas in one day?

figment41

DIS Veteran
we are thinking about doing one day at seaworld this year. Is it possible to see all of the Christmas shows in one night?

Any advice to get it all done will be appreciated.

TIA

It is possible - but tough. And while you might catch all the shows you would probably miss much of the atmosphere type things, particularly along the Bayside pathway. You would almost have to run from one show to another to even hope to see, and if O Wondrous Night has a line as usual that one might be tough. You could probably more easily do it with the reserved seating.

That said - do you need to do them all? If possible find a list of them and see if they all look interesting. Some people think the Shamu show is very similar to the day show (and honestly how many things can they do different?). If you are not interested in ice skating you could skip that one.

If it is your first time I would still recommend doing all the shows, but I would also recommend getting reserved seating to make it easier. Even on slower days the line for O Wondrous Night could really disrupt your plans.

I can't wait for Christmas at SeaWorld 2017. Considering the new Kraken Unleashed will be open then and also Infinity Falls will be getting good progress and probably the entire river for Infinity Falls will be seen. Just hope the "Sky Tower" will be open then too. (hint hint, FLOIR remember ur thread?")

We saw all the Christmas shows on Christmas Day 2015 with the reserved seating package.

But, as FLOIR mentioned, we had no time for the Fireside Feast (which is an awesome experience) and no time to truly enjoy the Christmas Pathway. Last year, they introduced Rudolph's Christmastown which was very well done (meet and greets with Rudolph, Clarice, the Bumble, and Yukon Cornelius) which you would most certainly miss if you had only one night at your disposal. To enjoy all of the Christmas Celebration events and attractions, you most certainly need two full nights.

I just noticed something. I was looking at older pictures of the Sky Tower like in 1996 and during Christmas, it would have the Christmas Tree lights, coming down from the top. I wonder why they stopped doing that. Maybe because when the Sky Tower was re-themed in 2004 with Tower Island and the Sandbar, they stopped or because they just lost interest into it. I know that SeaWorld San Diego always does the lights during the Christmas season. But why not Orlando?

So, as of right now doing only one night is our only option.

What would you not miss and what would you pass on?

We would be there the whole day and night.

Is it all adults or are there kids, and if so what age? To me at least that might change the order of what not to miss.

Following - we have one day and night at SeaWorld when they will have their Christmas festivities as well. We have 4 and 6 year old boys, but also access to a good aquarium at home if that makes a difference? What's a can't miss? Any extras I need to book in advance?

I wouldn't miss Miracles (it's one of my favorite shows, and I like it better than One Ocean). I also wouldn't miss Clyde and Seamore's Countdown to Christmas

One of the issues with the Christmas shows is the timing...IIRC when we went in Nov 2016, the first actual Christmas show was O Wondrous Night at around 430. The timing worked out that we saw that, Clyde/Seamore, the ice skating show, and finally the last show of the night Miracles. Miracles ended about 10 min before the last christmas tree light show on the boardwalk.

It was a long day (it was also the second day we were there so we go to see other attractions already)

I really love the Sea World Christmas! It is amazing! I would make sure to plan your day out, look at the shows on You Tube to see if they are something that you would be interested in. I stood in line for so long for O Wondrous Night thinking that it was live animals but it is a puppet thing! It was really good but I don't feel like I would ever do it again!

My must do's for Christmas is The Sea of Trees, The Christmas path ( the also have the characters from Rodolph that you can do meet and greets with if you have children make sure that you make time for that) The Clyde and Seamore show is always must as are the ice skating show and Miracles! I always suggest coming to the park for the entire day as there are fun things during the day time such as the family photos IN a snowglobe! So much fun and so unique!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts