• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Scooter wheel locks

Racefan1

Earning My Ears
I will be bringing my personal ECV to the parks. I know you can't chain it to anything Disney owns like a bench or fence. Can you put a wheel lock on it when you leave it to go on rides or to eat?
If not how do you secure it while you're away from it?

Most scooters have a key. That is usually sufficient. I am not award of any reports of stolen scooters- do make sure there is sufficient marking on your scooter to differentiate it from any other sxooter.

If you have a problem, notify the closest Cast Member. Disney security is very, very present.

What type of ECV do you have? I have a Go-Go Sport and I just take the key with me and usually fold down the seat. I’ve never had any issues.

I will be bringing my personal ECV to the parks. I know you can't chain it to anything Disney owns like a bench or fence. Can you put a wheel lock on it when you leave it to go on rides or to eat?
Even if you park ECV in stroller parking the CMs need to be able move it. Plus every ECV I have seen has the ability to be moved in free wheel pushing. Even strollers can only lock one set of wheels so they can be moved in stroller parking

No need for wheel locks; we have had exactly 1 instance of a scooter being “stolen” here - and it wasn’t actually stolen. There were 2 identical rentals, and someone grabbed one without paying attention and drove it away. They eventually met up and got it all sorted, so in the end it was more of a “borrowed for a little bit without permission” issue, rather than “stolen”.

TLDR You will be fine. I promise, if someone pays the price for a ticket at WDW, they won’t come to steal a scooter; it would be too obvious, and Disney has cameras *everywhere* your scooter might be parked.

Now something that is useful is stick a Tile in the scooter (ideally hidden and not just in the seat pocket), it will help you locate your scooter if it has been moved, as sometimes even the CMs don't know where it was moved to. Additionally, Tile has a plan that for $99/yr they will reimburse you up to $1,500 if you can't find your item. Now depending on your scooter model that may or may not be enough to replace it, but helpful at any rate. But be sure to read all fine print on such programs of course, I am unclear on if it would cover a mobility device or not, you would need to check for yourself before purchasing such a plan.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter