SB: First person or third person?

Coll0610

DIS Veteran
I am thinking about doing a scrapbook for my son (it will be my first) but I can't decide whether the journaling should be in first person or in third person. For example, would you say

"Here is Matt playing catch with Mommy"
OR
"Here you are playing catch with Mommy"
OR
"Here you are playing catch with me"
OR
"Here is Matt playing catch with his mom, Colleen"?

When I started scrapping, that never even occured to me. When I went back & read my 1st page shortly after it was done, I realized I had changed styles throughout the page. It looks stupid. LOL

I still haven't settled on a style. I think it depends on my mood. But now, I at least keep it consistant on the page.

I also use a combination of persons in my journaling. I think I use the 2nd person most often in the children's albums. Here you are playing with grandma. I do a lot of historical journaling about the event so that usually takes place in the 3rd. I think it depends on the pictures too. I agree that as long as you keep the person the same on a page you can change persons throughout your album.

I think any of the first 3 choices are equally good. Whether you write "Matt" or "you" depends mainly on if you want it to show your son off to other people or to give to him as a gift. I'm assuming you'll do both, but maybe one of them is more important.

I try to stick with the same style on each page, but when you put all the pages together I use all the styles..... Whatever comes to my mind at the time I am writing !! It makes it unique !

I too have noticed that I use various styles throughout the entire album. I try to use the same on each page, but am sure I've slipped up. I recently started a journal for my DD and have been writing it letter style to her and I really like the very personal touch. I want her to be able to read it years down the road like I was just writing it to her. My albums aren't quite that personal though.

Lisa

I too use various styles but I do try hard to identify in some way who is in the photographs by their name. Sometimes I simply do this by putting the names like in a frame around the photo. I also have used like a "program" effect for some of the larger events like birthday parties. I'm sure we have all looked at old pictures and wondered who was who - even in our own families! I already have this problem from when my nephews were younger - they all look so much alike!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter