Saving to paying off a loan

Tigger2ntinkerbell

DIS Veteran
I have been saving money to pay off a loan that my husband took out almost 10 years ago.
This thing has been hanging over our heads and I want it gone.
I am 6 days away from paying it off and it can't get here soon enough.
I feel like crying that at this will finally be done.
Thanks for letting me rattle on .

Congrats. But why was you saving the money? It could of been spent to extra principal and you would of saved some money on interest.

It's a great feeling. When we paid off our home, we went to one of the nicest restaurants in south beach. Stayed overnight at the Fontainebleau and drove down to the keys the following day.

Congratulations! I can't wait until this day comes for me for our student loans- I'm booking the nicest vacation I can think of when that day comes! Disney Tokyo maybe? :rolleyes1

Congrats!!

I have one BIG loan that I have been paying on for two years. It will be paid off in 3 months. For the kind of loan it is, you can't pay extra...it's either the monthly payment established at the beginning, or in full. So, like you, I would have had to have saved the full amount to pay it off in advance. I cannot WAIT to have the extra $$$ back come fall...

Congrats!!

I have one BIG loan that I have been paying on for two years. It will be paid off in 3 months. For the kind of loan it is, you can't pay extra...it's either the monthly payment established at the beginning, or in full. So, like you, I would have had to have saved the full amount to pay it off in advance. I cannot WAIT to have the extra $$$ back come fall...

I know how you feel lol.
Good luck and congrats

Congratulations!! Getting rid of Debt feels so Good!

DH and I will be making our last Mortgage payment Oct. 1=No more House payments.
I even thought about adding that reason to what we are Celebrating on our upcoming trip to WDW but I'm not sure that is a choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter