Saratoga Springs- where

GusGus77

DIS Veteran
We are staying at Saratoga Springs for the first time next week and are very excited! We are just in the standard one bedroom. I just received an email saying to call if we have a preference between the grandstand, the paddock, and the carousel sections. Should we request something or just leave it up to chance? We have two children ages six and nine. We will be driving to the resort and on occasion driving to the field parks, but otherwise I think we will probably take Disney transportation. Are the rooms nicer in one section over the other or are they pretty much all the same? Anything else we should consider? Thank you!

Rooms are all the same.

Grandstand is the first bus stop for theme park buses and is a short walk to the Carriage House (check-in & main dining area). The Grandstand also has a pool & pool bar.

If driving, the road leading to the Grandstand is immediately after the guard shack which makes for easy in/out of the resort.

It's a big resort. Personally I like to be as close to the main pool and rec area as possible but there are other considerations you may want to prioritize if you don't plan on using such much. Here's a map:

SSR Map

We really liked being in the Grandstand section, as PP mentioned it's the first to be picked up and first to be dropped off to and from parks. Also short walk to the Carriage house.

Carousel is quiet, Paddock is a smaller type section, with an awesome pool. Quick service stuff there as well/Pool wise. And the 3rd bus stop p.u. Depending on which bldg. you get, it might be a short walk over the bridge to get to the Carriage House.

My favourite area is Congress Park because they have a nice small pool area and it is the closest area to walk to Disney Springs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter