Same name on two rooms

Grumpy by Birth

Happy by choice
I searched and saw some seemingly conflicting information (or at least complicated depending on the exact scenario). I was concerned about having myself listed as a guest in two different rooms for the same dates.

I already had a studio at BRV booked for my wife and me (I’m lead on that reservation). Family members can now join us on this trip and I booked a second studio at CCV for the same dates (with my wife as lead for that one). I took her name off the BRV reservation, so now it has me and our other family members at BRV and just my wife at CCV.

I will actually be staying with my wife at CCV. I assume there’s no issue with just leaving my name on the BRV reservation since I’m listed as lead for that. I didn’t want to add myself to the CCV reservation in case that creates problems.

The only issue I can foresee is opening the CCV room door, but I figure I can just use one of my wife’s spare MBs for this trip and that would solve that problem. We’re not going to parks during this stay, so I don’t have to worry about using my own MB for park entry. Even if we were, I could wear my own MB to the park and have her spare MB to use at the resort.

Could any issues arise by me sleeping in the other studio without “notifying” the resort by putting my name on that reservation?

Is there a better workaround than just using her MB to open the room door and sleeping in the “wrong” room?

You'll have issues once both reservations are linked to MDE. Why don't you just set one of your family members as the lead guest and remove yourself? MS can do that quickly for you via a phone call, chat, or email.

It sounds like you have it covered. We have been under the impression that if a person is listed on two different rooms for the same date you could risk having a reservation being cancelled (no sense to us - any other hotel one person can book multiple rooms). You look to have everything covered other than getting into the CCV room which you can achieve with a band of the person on that room.

Why would there be issues in MDE if I’m only listed as a guest in the BRV studio and not listed in the CCV studio?

Last edited:

The resort can just give you a key card for your wife’s room.

The issue can be if you are on both and attached to both via MDE.

Bit, the resort has a way to unlink you. This just happened to us and they figured it out so that I no longer was seen as being in both rooms.

we do that from time to time

my son get listed on my room and his grandmothers room, just not as lead….

his magic band opens both doors…..

as some one else said list you as the lead on one room with your wife in that room

book the other family member in the other room

if you need access to both rooms list your wife as a guest on both

I searched and saw some seemingly conflicting information (or at least complicated depending on the exact scenario). I was concerned about having myself listed as a guest in two different rooms for the same dates.

I already had a studio at BRV booked for my wife and me (I’m lead on that reservation). Family members can now join us on this trip and I booked a second studio at CCV for the same dates (with my wife as lead for that one). I took her name off the BRV reservation, so now it has me and our other family members at BRV and just my wife at CCV.

I will actually be staying with my wife at CCV. I assume there’s no issue with just leaving my name on the BRV reservation since I’m listed as lead for that. I didn’t want to add myself to the CCV reservation in case that creates problems.

The only issue I can foresee is opening the CCV room door, but I figure I can just use one of my wife’s spare MBs for this trip and that would solve that problem. We’re not going to parks during this stay, so I don’t have to worry about using my own MB for park entry. Even if we were, I could wear my own MB to the park and have her spare MB to use at the resort.

Could any issues arise by me sleeping in the other studio without “notifying” the resort by putting my name on that reservation?

Is there a better workaround than just using her MB to open the room door and sleeping in the “wrong” room?
We had problems with room access. They can/will only link your card/wristband to one of the rooms. Not both. At least that was our experience last year.

We had problems with room access. They can/will only link your card/wristband to one of the rooms. Not both. At least that was our experience last year.

Thst is true but once you get to the second resort, it’s really easy for them to check you out of the first one.

We do it all the time.

Just to clarify, I'm not going to need access to both rooms. I'll link the card/wristband to my wife's room (where I'll actually be sleeping).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter