Running around the world to get to Hopkinton

Yesterday's T run was okay. I really have been really struggling time-wise with runs over an hour. I normally try and block 90 minutes on my calendar for my runs that are 70 minutes or more. It never fails that on those days some portion of that time always seems to get grabbed either by my boss or people on my team meaning I have to cut those runs a little short. I usually wind up cutting a portion of the cool down run. The same thing happened yesterday... I hit all my intervals but didn't have time to do the cool down run :(

Don't sweat it too much. It's minimal in the grand scheme. Plenty of other ways to train on tired legs which the plan already helps with. I'd say the minimum WU and CD is 5 min each. You really want to be careful doing any less than that. Only 4 weeks to go!

Don't sweat it too much. It's minimal in the grand scheme. Plenty of other ways to train on tired legs which the plan already helps with. I'd say the minimum WU and CD is 5 min each. You really want to be careful doing any less than that. Only 4 weeks to go!

Thanks for that. In the future if this happens I'll shift some of the warm up time to cool down time. I just did the full WU and skipped the cool down thinking I had probably between .3 and .5 miles once I get off the treadmill rushing to get my stuff and get to my car? I'm excited for TR. I had been nervous about the T-pace run yesterday but was actually surprised at how comfortable the pace was for the first 3 or 4 miles.

Today's run is an Easy 6, I've got an blind EB run tomorrow. I am a little bit nervous for that because I have no idea how it's going to go. Since I'm thinking about the unknown, today's pic is from the end of the NY marathon. My buddy was the person in the blue cape with his hood on. It took me a couple blocks to realize I was following the wrong person...

IMG_3947.jpg

It drives me nuts that they haven't built an option for rest days in to the software yet.
THIS. I hate that so much.

Today's run is an Easy 6, I've got an blind EB run tomorrow. I am a little bit nervous for that because I have no idea how it's going to go. Since I'm thinking about the unknown, today's pic is from the end of the NY marathon. My buddy was the person in the blue cape with his hood on. It took me a couple blocks to realize I was following the wrong person...

View attachment 302635
Dad joke to the maxxxxxx. Hahahahaha.

Mostly I wear the kind of socks that don't have left and right. Not as much arch support, but I never have to worry about having two socks for one foot and no sock for the other. It's the little things in life.

View attachment 302635

Not sure how you missed your friend there. It's not like anyone else was wearing blue..

Dad joke to the maxxxxxx. Hahahahaha.
Yeah, unfortunately being a dad it comes with the territory. I am also thinking about getting a fine collection of sock gaiters.

Mostly I wear the kind of socks that don't have left and right. Not as much arch support, but I never have to worry about having two socks for one foot and no sock for the other. It's the little things in life.
Yeah I am not sure if the foot specific socks actually do all that much. Most of my running socks are that way, and on multiple occasions, I've run in both right or both left socks. While my feet have yet to fall off as a result of this, and I haven't been able to find many cases of sock oriented injuries it still bothers me a little bit.

Yeah I am not sure if the foot specific socks actually do all that much. Most of my running socks are that way, and on multiple occasions, I've run in both right or both left socks. While my feet have yet to fall off as a result of this, and I haven't been able to find many cases of sock oriented injuries it still bothers me a little bit.

The Type A in me will not allow me to wear two lefts or two rights. :)

I've got a blind run this afternoon. I'm a little bit nervous as it will be my first and I really have 0 confidence in my ability to pace properly. Also my left arch seems to be a bit tender today. I need to watch that to see if it gets worse.

So in the spirit of being blind he's a pic from a foggy early morning run in the Mountains of North Carolina. The trail went along a river and then gradually curved around a hill to Biltmore House. (The largest house in the US). With the exception of a few wild turkeys I was the only one out.

IMG_3695.JPG

Following along! I just discovered Injinji Socks and it totally makes a difference if you have two left or two right socks. I got 2 pairs of the same color for Christmas and try to be especially careful when I wash them to match them up correctly. :)

I am much more of a lurker than a commenter but I really like all the pics.

Following along! I just discovered Injinji Socks and it totally makes a difference if you have two left or two right socks. I got 2 pairs of the same color for Christmas and try to be especially careful when I wash them to match them up correctly. :)

I am much more of a lurker than a commenter but I really like all the pics.

Welcome! Injiji's are great socks. Occasionally I'll find my toes rubbing together on long runs. ( I have no idea what causes it) If I switch to those socks for a couple runs it goes away.

So things went downhill this weekend. Rain on Friday meant I swapped a blind run out for a treadmill run. My left arch had been feeling a little off and I think the run made it worse. I opted to try a different pair of shoes for my long run Saturday. There wasn't much pain during the run but by Saturday afternoon it hurt to stand on it. I wound up skipping my runs on Sunday and Monday and I think I am going to skip Weds too.

Posts on in this forum have made me think about beignets. Last year I was NO for a conference and had the opportunity to take an early morning run over to Cafe Du Monde. If you get the chance, it is really neat.

IMG_1979.JPG

So things went downhill this weekend. Rain on Friday meant I swapped a blind run out for a treadmill run. My left arch had been feeling a little off and I think the run made it worse. I opted to try a different pair of shoes for my long run Saturday. There wasn't much pain during the run but by Saturday afternoon it hurt to stand on it. I wound up skipping my runs on Sunday and Monday and I think I am going to skip Weds too.

Posts on in this forum have made me think about beignets. Last year I was NO for a conference and had the opportunity to take an early morning run over to Cafe Du Monde. If you get the chance, it is really neat.

View attachment 303557

Hoping for a minor thing! Heal up!

Good luck on your BQ goal! It's ambitious, but why dream small, eh?!? Have you picked a marathon for your BQ attempt? Can't wait to see how it goes!

Good luck on your BQ goal! It's ambitious, but why dream small, eh?!? Have you picked a marathon for your BQ attempt? Can't wait to see how it goes!
Thanks

I am debating between Richmond and OBX both are relatively close to my house and relatively flat. I've got a half in about 4 weeks that will be a mental proof race. If I don't qualify this October I'll look at a Jan marathon as an alternative. The past couple years I've just run Disney for fun, but Disney would be a reasonable place for an attempt.

My foot is still bothering me, but the pain is less. I am thinking about trying to do my easy run tomorrow.

Since I haven't been running I figured I'd post a non running pic of the day.

Todays pic is from inside Bistrot Chez Remy at DLP. The theming was really incredible inside. The ride was incredibly cool too. I hope that it actually comes to epcot.

IMG_0462.JPG

I hope you can get your run in pain-free tomorrow!

Also ... I had a 2 day old stale beignet from Cafe Du Monde once. Not as good as fresh (or so I'd imagine ... I've never been to New Orleans), but it was pretty decent. Cafe Du Monde is definitely on my list of places to go if I ever make it to NOLA.

Thanks

I am debating between Richmond and OBX both are relatively close to my house and relatively flat. I've got a half in about 4 weeks that will be a mental proof race. If I don't qualify this October I'll look at a Jan marathon as an alternative. The past couple years I've just run Disney for fun, but Disney would be a reasonable place for an attempt.

Do Richmond! I'll be running that one for the 6th time, so I know the course. I can run sub-3:20 with you! I'm already signed up for 2018, and I plan on going for a BQ myself. It's not a pancake flat course, but it's mostly flat none of the hills are all that tough. Also, the final 10K is flat/downhill, so it's a great course for a negative split and a strong finish! It's a great race.

Loving your updates and pictures!

I’ve heard great things about Richmond! I vote for that one :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!