runDisney Virtual Shorts - An *Incredible* Year 3

It's a beautiful, non-humid 60 degrees here this morning. I just ran my fastest 5K time ever of 34:31! Hubby ran with me, his first 5K ever and finished in 44:54. Proud of him and so glad I signed up for this series, it's gotten the rest of my family running with me!!!series finish times.JPG
~ series medals sm.jpg

Ran August today to finish out the Series! It was so humid even though just 76 degrees so a cooler temp than 4 weeks ago, but I was almost the same exact time today as then on the same hilly course. We made the shirts to wear after as well as it's tank tops to run!

Good job to everyone!

I know it's just a money grab by Disney but we still had a lot of fun with it again this year & excited to see who they do next year!
IMG_0732.JPG

Finished last week (then went on vacation) - need to put together a fancy collage picture bc I feel very accomplished! When I signed up for the virtual shorts, it was just after my first 5k - the Princess 5k in Feb - and I wanted to make sure I kept up with my running regularly, so I figured this would be the perfect motivation. Instead, the disc in my neck decided it was done cooperating in April. I barely made it through a 5k walk at the beginning of June to start the series. Then on June 21, I had cervical spine surgery to replace the disc in my neck. By July 21st, I completed my first 5k distance post-surgery, walking slowly - but miraculously faster than pre-surgery in June. Last week, I was able to increase my distance and speed from a 5k to over 4 miles a day, for consecutive days (in July, I could walk one day, but then not again for 2-3 days). I'm not back running again - probably not until next spring, but I've come soooooo far since June and I'm really glad I've got the full set of Virtual Short medals to commemorate what turned into a much bigger adventure than I had planned. Pictures coming this weekend :)

Finished my series a few days ago with the August 5k. As a new runner, I totally underestimated how much the summer heat would make it challenging to get my runs in. This series helped keep me at least somewhat on track. I'm enjoying the slightly cooling temps as I get serious preparing for my 1st 10k race in late October.
Anyway, yes, it's a money grab but I'm almost positive I'll sign up again next summer- and my son loves the Pluto medals from this year!

Hello all! I completed the August race on Aug. 26 in 31:21:35. This was my first time EVER running a 5K, and I definitely wish I would have started in June so I could've done the whole series!! I will certainly participate in all of them next summer, and hope to run at WDW and DL someday. For those of you that have received your medals - how long did it take for you to receive them after you submitted your time? Thanks so much! :)

I only signed up for the August run and I completed it on RCCL's Harmony of the Seas, largest cruise ship in the world! It worked out to 7.5 laps on the running track. I normally run on a treadmill, and this was my first 5K outdoors, and with a view of the vast Atlantic Ocean too! I emailed Disney asking when I can expect my medal and they responded by saying that all participants should receive their medals by the end of Sept. They ship FedEx internationally.

I only signed up for the August run and I completed it on RCCL's Harmony of the Seas, largest cruise ship in the world! It worked out to 7.5 laps on the running track. I normally run on a treadmill, and this was my first 5K outdoors, and with a view of the vast Atlantic Ocean too! I emailed Disney asking when I can expect my medal and they responded by saying that all participants should receive their medals by the end of Sept. They ship FedEx internationally.
Thank you! The wait is killing me! :mickeyjum

Thank you! The wait is killing me! :mickeyjum
Me too! I'm in Canada and did the August virtual run only, still waiting for my medal. Hoping to do the whole series next year, we shall see ;-)

I'm in Canada too and only did the August run and today I finally got my one and only medal....delivered by FedEx just as Disney promised. I hope you get your medal soon too!

I'm in Canada too and only did the August run and today I finally got my one and only medal....delivered by FedEx just as Disney promised. I hope you get your medal soon too!

After I read your post I checked my front porch - FedEx delivered my medal today, too! Must've come when I was out earlier this afternoon. :thumbsup2 It's heavier than I thought it would be!

Did anyone happen to get a $25 discount code for Avengers Half that they won't be using? Would very much appreciate the code if you won't be using it. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!