Rumor or true?

CraftyOnez

Earning My Ears
I just heard in passing that Disney Anaheim is going to tear something down and build a new POTC attraction? Again, I only half heard it. Can somebody fill me in? :guilty: Thanks in advance!

There are myths spreading around that they are planning to make Tom Sawyer Island into a Pirate Island...

WOW! I never ever heard that. I would miss tom Sawyers island, but at the same time a pirates island would be pretty sweet.

The last I heard they are going to have parts of it done early next year. In time for the May movie premier. But, that wont give them time to do everything they want to do, and get have everything up to handicap code, etc.. So, it will likely be an on going project getting done in stages.

hlbtimes2 said:
The last I heard they are going to have parts of it done early next year. In time for the May movie premier. But, that wont give them time to do everything they want to do, and get have everything up to handicap code, etc.. So, it will likely be an on going project getting done in stages.

WHOA!!! That's cutting in REALLY CLOSE!! May...wow!! Either way, it should be something to see!! :cool1:

Edited to say! ARRRG ME HEARTIES! pirate:

:thumbsup2 It never ceases to amaze me how the POTC movies REALLY took off. I mean...ZOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, man....they added "Jack" to the Pirates ride now the island will be revamped!

Podcasts are reporting that too. Rumored plans include a pirate ship on part of the island and doing a cave with treasure. I think it will be good but it is still sad. I never saw them but I guess there were tom and huck characters on the island that would tell stories but kids didn't relate to them (or understand what white washing a fence is) so to try to appeal to kids they're moving to a pirate theme. I personally would rather see half the island pirates and the other half a more compact but still have the fort, tom and huck. Those caves are fun to climb through even as an adult, if you don't hit your head ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter