CONFIRMED - Illuminations replacement

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
Last edited:
Walt Disney World New Today just posted a rumor that a new nighttime spectacular for EPCOT may be closer than we think. Has anyone else heard anything from the rumor mill? I personally love Illuminations but it could use a little updating. If this is true, I hope they keep it along the same idea of overall togetherness (and the inclusion of the torches and lights around world showcase!).

https://wdwnt.com/2018/02/rumor-nighttime-replacement-illuminations-epcot-nearing-completion/

Agreed! DH and I are going back down in November so I think I might be stretching my hope that it will last that long (if this rumor turns out to be true). It is one of my favorites too. I love the soundtrack and having the entire WS be involved just puts you so in the moment.

Thank you to the moderator who moved this to the correct spot! I totally forgot there was a whole section dedicated to rumors :upsidedow

Something tells me this new show debuts Memorial Day weekend...

I'll miss you illuminations. There goes my childhood.

Bye Wishes, Bye illuminations... I would have rather fantasmic leave but one day

Hopefully its special

I wouldn't think that. Dessert parties are notorious for not being able to book early.

I do hope it’s not then, we haven’t seen it in many years and the kids never have. All the other dessert parties in April are available or sold out, except this one, just had me wondering!

I’d be privy for a new nighttime show. But as a pp said I really like the message in the current one, just drop the 21st century theme (seeing as were 18 years in), update some of the effects and I’m in

update some of the effects and I’m in

I would be fine with that as well.

It seems pretty weak/thin lately, still pretty and song saves it. Of course Dec kinda ruins it with that ending.

I sure hope they give enough notice to allow folks the ability to see illuminations for the last time....i will be there in July, so hoping its still there....I do agree that although i would be sad to see it go....it is time for a change

So I leave tomorrow for WDW! It's only a 4-night stay; I wasn't originally planning on staying for Illuminations, but now I'm trying to decide if I should or not!

Definitely see it! Better to say you did than look back and wish you did!
Yeah, I mean I did see it once, but the globe didn't open, and it was a weird atmosphere since it was 2 days before Irma and my first day in a WDW park! I'm leaning towards yes, but may base it on my exhaustion level that day!

Illuminations is the only fireworks display I care about.
I've been worried about this since Siemens contact was not being renewed and I was assured time and time again on here that "Oh no they won't do away with it. Disney will just pay for it themselves or get a new sponsor. They won't change it". Yeah, Right.....
I am really really hoping that it lasts through the end of the year because I have a holiday trip coming up in December which is also my favorite time to see Illuminations because of the extended holiday version with "Let there be peace on earth".

Hopefully this isn't until next year and I can see it a few more times in December. If not, at least I saw it 5 times last trip with the holiday ending. I'm really bummed they're changing the music more than anything. Fireworks improved and the globe updated/replaced I could deal with just fine, but that music is my favorite.

Hopefully this isn't until next year and I can see it a few more times in December. If not, at least I saw it 5 times last trip with the holiday ending. I'm really bummed they're changing the music more than anything. Fireworks improved and the globe updated/replaced I could deal with just fine, but that music is my favorite.

I agree. The music makes it. Everything else could change and I wouldn't be quite as upset as long as they kept the music especially "We go on".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!