RUMOR: ALL Harry Potter to receive Express Pass access...

It has had it since very shortly after it opened. We had a Uni trip starting August 23 last year and we used EP on Kong.

Thank you ... we were there in mid-August last year and EP was not available ... must have just missed it. Great ride ... and the movie (at least we thought) was good when it came out this year.

Exactly. I mean how many times have you rolled up to Forbidden Journey right after rope drop only to find a 20 minute wait has materialized out of thin air?

And honestly, if you're upset about it and staying at CBBR, then just add the express to your tickets. You'll still be paying less than you would be at the three on sites than offer express ... or no more, for dead sure.

I was simply expressing my feelings, such as they are, of regret over not having the EP for HP. I have already paid for EP to Volcano Bay and know I can get along at US and IOA without it, but I don't have to be happy about it. Just stating my feelings, not looking for advice.

Exactly. I mean how many times have you rolled up to Forbidden Journey right after rope drop only to find a 20 minute wait has materialized out of thin air?

And honestly, if you're upset about it and staying at CBBR, then just add the express to your tickets. You'll still be paying less than you would be at the three on sites than offer express ... or no more, for dead sure.

I don't agree with this.

Let's take a typical family of 4 ... July 23-25

CBBR hotel ... $549....two nights in a family suite....express pass for 3 days ...$1519.88.

RPR...$830

Even with just 2 people, it is still cheaper to book a room at RPR.

Last edited:

I don't agree with this.

CBBR hotel ... $549....two nights in a family suite....express pass for 3 days ...$1519.88.

RPR...$830

:thumbsup2
We were at CBR last month and I was contemplating buying EP's for 1 or 2 of our days if it ended up being crowded. When pricing it out it was way cheaper to book a throwaway standard queen at RPR (AP rate) and get 2 days of unlimited EP than to purchase it outright for a family of 4. Unlimited EP was around $90/day/person and the standard queen was $264.18 with the AP rate. I couldn't imagine having a room at RPR and not using it, so we ended up just adding an RPR day to the start of our trip.

ETA: Just realized that $264 included $23 for self parking so even cheaper if you don't have a car.

I don't agree with this.

RPR...$830

I agree. Even with the cappy CAD exchange, we saved like $300 booking at RPR for four nights vs booking at CBBR for 4 nights and buying express pass separately for just my husband and I.

If this is true the family will be thrilled! We are early risers but it's the Harry Potter Sprint that gets them :D

We booked RPR because it was cheaper than staying at CBBR and adding the EP's. Our family really enjoys the loud colors and fun atmosphere over the more relaxing hotels. I am sure we will enjoy RPR though and am hoping this trial makes it to our August trip. Will definitely do stand by at least once but would love to hop in the Express line for the repeat rides.

I don't agree with this.

RPR...$830

Yeah ... my bad. I forget that I rarely if ever go in peak season. Rates vary and folks should do their own math

I don't agree with this.

RPR...$830

Exactly what I was going to say. We are a family of five. No way would it be cheaper.

I've not ever been allowed to use EP during EE for Hippogriff (I've never wanted to ride Dragon Challenge that early so I don't know about that one). Doubt it'll be allowed for FJ and Gringotts. And you could only do it for HE if both parks have EE and that woukd be right at the end of EE.

Reports are that EP is on all the Potter rides.

I'm interested to see some comments after this has had a week or two to settle in. I really do think adding Express to those rides will change the waits times all over the park in rather dramatic ways.

OMG!!! Is this really true?
Will be there in 2 weeks...
We are staying at RPR, ans have EP.... this means we will be able to ride everything with EP?!?!
So cool!!!

Imagine our delight upon arriving in Diagon Alley on 7/1 only to discover EP at Gringotts! I asked the attendant what we might miss and he said the regular queue is over 60 min long and EP is less than 30 minutes...that's what we discovered at all EP ride lines, they only guarantee your wait will be less than half the regular queue. What do you miss in exchange for your time? Gringotts, i never did the regular line. We started in the clerk room with the chandelier. FJ, you start walk through the portrait gallery (missing the outside garden and the main entrance into the castle where the house scores are kept and a few notable statues are). Kings Cross, you miss apparating through platform 9 3/4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter