RUMOR: ALL Harry Potter to receive Express Pass access...

I hope this is in effect when I go in September! I'll go through the queues once and then EP it.

My plan as well. I got to go for the first time this past May and was excited to go through the queues. But when we wanted to go back on the rides later in the day it wasn't worth the wait for us. If you are paying for express pass or staying onsite at Universal, all rides should be included (would also like more rides open for early admission but I'll take one things at a time here).

Why won't you be happy? For people who are onsite in CB and SF, it should make the early entry less crowded because, as evidenced by a previous poster, many guests who have the express pass will be sleeping in .

Less busy?

Consider that universal has added hundreds of rooms at cbbr this year.
They'll add a thousand rooms or more at aventura hotel next year
And they'll add some 3.000 rooms on the former wet'n'wild site in a near future

All without EP

And that's if all deluxe hotel guests sleep in ... But we all know that for each deluxe guest who sleep in, another deluxe hotel guest will EP the rides twice during EE ...

Less busy?

All without EP

And that's if all deluxe hotel guests sleep in ... But we all know that for each deluxe guest who sleep in, another deluxe hotel guest will EP the rides twice during EE ...

Agree. That's why I stated earlier that I'd be much happier if they'd open an entire park to EE, rather than just 2-3 rides in one park. We don't fool with EE, because I feel that lines are worse then than during regular hours...therefore we don't see any real benefit in it. I used to feel that it at least put you closer to rides at the back of the park (JP, Kong, etc) at regular opening, but when I went back in March, they held us at the bridge from Hogsmeade to Jurassic Park until after the regular crowd arrived. If they'd open a whole park, it would spread the crowds out a lot more...and be an actual benefit.

But we all know that for each deluxe guest who sleep in, another deluxe hotel guest will EP the rides twice during EE ...

I've not ever been allowed to use EP during EE for Hippogriff (I've never wanted to ride Dragon Challenge that early so I don't know about that one). Doubt it'll be allowed for FJ and Gringotts. And you could only do it for HE if both parks have EE and that woukd be right at the end of EE.

Why won't you be happy? For people who are onsite in CB and SF, it should make the early entry less crowded because, as evidenced by a previous poster, many guests who have the express pass will be sleeping in .

I will be less happy because I won't have the EP for Harry Potter of course! Those are my favorite areas of the parks. Now I will have to consider doing a split stay (Cabana Bay to walk to VB, RPR for EP) but it is a bit late to get the best rates on a resort switch.

I will be less happy because I won't have the EP for Harry Potter of course! Those are my favorite areas of the parks. Now I will have to consider doing a split stay (Cabana Bay to walk to VB, RPR for EP) but it is a bit late to get the best rates on a resort switch.

I know when we went in the end of May of 2015 we had practically no wait at any of the three HP attractions when we got there right at the beginning of early entry. There were also very short waits at the end of the evening. We just spend the first and last hours in the HP areas and the rest of the day at other attractions and at the resort pool.

I bet that if you make good use of early park entry you won't need the EP. Honestly, even with the express passes we will have in September, we may prefer to be in the HP areas during the early morning and late evening. The whole area will be less crowded and more pleasant.

On the one hand this is absolutely Fantastic we arrive at HRH on July 1st and the timing couldn't be better. but one the other hand this has me greatly concerned. If true, I look for onsite deluxe hotel rates to raise as more people will want to take full advantage of the perks of free unlimited express.

Since we're on the topic of EP, can someone please tell me if Kong has EP now? Excuse my ignorance :-) .... Thanks

Since we're on the topic of EP, can someone please tell me if Kong has EP now? Excuse my ignorance :-) .... Thanks

Yes, it does. Used it several times, and some of the time it was about a 20 minute wait. Since regular line is usually long, have yet to do the regular line.

It has had it since very shortly after it opened. We had a Uni trip starting August 23 last year and we used EP on Kong.

The queues made more of an impression on me than the rides themselves (other than the long waits, of course..) I think I'd choose the regular line if the wait were ever 40 minutes or less. Which probably won't happen for our trip in October but fingers crossed.

Or would they split the regular queue in half and have you walk through the same places?

We must have struck gold when we went last week, not one line in HP was more than 30 (I guess I like that option compared to WDW) 30 minutes doesn't feel EP worthy
Now Minions that was another story.
Most of the time HP were walk on, 10 min even late morning, and especially late evening.

With that said, I would love the CB family suite option but kids feel EP is worth it.

Less busy?

All without EP

That may be a big reason why they are adding HP attractions to the EP. They are trying to make early entry less crowded than it would otherwise be if no one had EP for HP. Of course some deluxe guests will still go to early entry, but fewer of them will go with EP for HP. They may decide to add early entry for more attractions, also. In any case, I think early entry will be better for everyone when they add EP to HP than it would be if they didn't.

Exactly. I mean how many times have you rolled up to Forbidden Journey right after rope drop only to find a 20 minute wait has materialized out of thin air?

And honestly, if you're upset about it and staying at CBBR, then just add the express to your tickets. You'll still be paying less than you would be at the three on sites than offer express ... or no more, for dead sure.

We will love this! We don't get up early and last December FJ was closed for our entire visit. We have some catching up to do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter