• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Roy's Ko Olina

DixieDelights

Mouseketeer
Has anyone had success booking a table for 5 at Roy's? It won't take that large of a family online, the phone just rings forever, and no response to my online inquiry.

Sorry, we made a reservation for 3 on Open Table for next Tuesday. Probably dumb statement on my part and I don’t know where you are, but don’t forget the time change

FYI, their hours are 11:30a-2p, 5p-8p daily, Hawaii Standard Time. They may not answer the phone between lunch & dinner services. To comply with social distancing, capacity has been really limited for dine in & their dinner reservations thru Open Table have been filling up very quickly, especially on weekends. When I've tried to call for a larger party, reservations weren't available for 2-3 weeks? I hope you get in touch with them otherwise, have you tried Longhi's? We just went there for dinner last weekend & the seafood dishes were really good & the sunset view was awesome. I also think Longhi's is a larger restaurant, so their capacity is larger than Roy's. I'm unsure if you have particular dates for dining in mind, but Longhi's might be an alternate option, it's in the Marriott which is a long walk or short drive from Aulani. I did see the Four Seasons has also reopened (right next door to Aulani), but I haven't had personal experiences with their restaurants for dinner. They used to have a FABULOUS weekend lobster brunch buffet, but I don't know if that's being offered any longer.

Open Table. We ate there earlier this month and the starters and desserts were good but the mains were inedible. I would do the four seasons. Haven't eaten there in awhile but at least they have a great view.

Not addressing your question, but we ate at Roy’s last night. Our reservation was at 5pm, we were about 15 mins early so we went outside to get a table and their happy hour was going until 5pm. We ordered 2 salads and Mongolian spiced baby ribs off the “Aloha Hour” menu, half the regular price and cocktails. We also ordered dinner out there, the paella and the diver scallop and shrimp duo. I was worried after reading the review here but everything was delicious. Also we ordered a pineapple upside down cake. The ambiance was much nicer outside and a very pleasant evening.

I don’t think you need a reservation for happy hour. We did not when we went. There were several 2 and 4 seat tables open. There were a few larger tables, parties of 5+ that had reserved signs on them. This was all outside.

I don’t think you need a reservation for happy hour. We did not when we went. There were several 2 and 4 seat tables open. There were a few larger tables, parties of 5+ that had reserved signs on them. This was all outside.
Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
Just to offer a contrary opinion, my wife and I have eaten at Roy’s twice, most recently mid April during our Aulani stay, and both times we didn’t enjoy it. I had ordered the filet (change of pace from all the fresh fish I’d been eating on the trip), and it was so tough and chewy I had to send it back. Instead, I had the fresh caught fish special, which was tasteless and bland, and made worse by being paired with an odd, sickly green pesto sauce. My wife did enjoy her rack of lamb though.

Beside the very pricey and not so great food, the restaurant’s ambience for me doesn’t win any awards either. It’s in an older 1970s golf club building, with a bland interior, so we chose to eat outside, which we figured would be healthier anyway with the current situation. But the problem there is that the golf course isn’t lit at night, so it feels like you’re sitting in a huge black void, or a vast stretch of breathable outer space. There’s nothing about the location that’s even vaguely indicative of Hawaii.

On the plus side, we enjoyed virtually every other restaurant within walking distance of Aulani. Longhi’s is delicious, and so are Mina’s and Noe at the Four Seasons, as well as of course Makahiki and the Ulu Lounge at Aulani. If you want to splurge and have a nice dinner, I think all of them beat Roy’s, and are in far more beautiful settings.

We have enjoyed sitting out on the deck at Roy’s happy hour, watching the golfers on the 18th hole coming in. Very entertaining! Hope we can go back Feb 2022!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter