royal plaza hotel-looking for info

dizzyduck

Earning My Ears
just wanted to know if anyone can help make my mind up. We have always stayed on Disney but with the canadian "peso" being what it is, we are trying to do Disney within reason! We want to stay onsite and we just found a great deal at the royal plaza hotel but we are not familiar with this hotel. So if anyone can give me the lowdown, rooms, pool, convenience etc I would appreciate any help. I have been to the site but as we all know pictures can be retouched and made to look "pretty" thanks very much to all who reply!:confused:

I am planning on going solo at the end of June. I emailed Mary of Mousesavers regarding the above Hotel Royal and got rave reviews. It seems that it is on the same or better scale of the moderates within the World.

Where did you get your good deal? What was it? Thanks for the info.:Pinkbounc

Hi dizzyduck!

For what it's worth, here's my $.02

We (Me, DH, DD 12, DS 9) stayed at the Royal Plaza last Aug. on a really great rate we got from Mousesavers. I believe we paid $75 per night which included breakfast for the four of us. We used our own car and didn't use their transportation. My only observation about the busses where that alot of people were using/waiting for them. Here are our pros and cons:

Pros:

beautiful hotel
E-night access
nice pool
nice, newish room
convenient location for theme parks
Great (Free) Buffet Breakfast
really nice staff (especially at the restaurant)
very convenient to Downtown Disney
all the amenities you'd expect from a nice hotel

Cons:

lacked the Disney-feel of on-site hotels
Because of our great rate our room was as far away from the main hotel as possible. (we were in a wing room)
Again, because of the rate, our view was of I-4. I-4 was directly in front of our room. So close in fact that we didn't feel comfortable using the balcony.

We would most likely stay there again, especially with a discounted rate. There are some really nice rooms that surround the pool and have a semi-private patio area attached to them, that's what I would request if I returned. Just be aware that if things like location and view are important to you then ask when making the reservation or speak up at check in. Otherwise, I think you'd have an enjoyable time.

-Mary Rose

Hi Gwen!

I would agree with Mary's analogy, the Royal Plaza is on par with the moderates. I also want to reiterate that I would probably stay there again with a discount. I fear I sounded negative in my first post. We were just surprised by the location that they put us in - but hey - you get what you pay for, right? I am sure you would enjoy your stay there should you decide to go that way.

-Mary Rose

We've stayed there once before. We got a great rate ($85 at Christmas). We also got the view of I-4!:rolleyes: The hotel itself was nice. Our room was large, with a king size bed and a pull-out sofa, mini fridge, and microwave. The bathroom was big with a separate tub and shower (and Bath and Body Works shampoo and soaps!;) )

Would I stay there again? Probably not, unless the only thing on property I could afford was an AS. I just didn't feel totally immersed in the magic.;) I wasn't crazy about the bus service. There always seemed to be a lot of people and we had to stop at every other hotel in DTD, only to be dropped off in the middle of the parking lot at the TTC.

That said, it truly was a nice hotel. Just not my idea of the best place to stay for my Disney vacation!-Dana:D

thanks for your input. We thought we had a great rate till I saw the $75.00 with breakfast included. Thats a great deal!! My DH is a firefighter and they are offering a deal to firefighters at the rate of $69 for a room, $89 for a tower room(with sitting room) if there is any better deals out there, fill me in!! Otherwise thanks for all the info:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter