Royal Plaza had bed bugs Do Not Stay There

PrincessCandaceMarie

DIS Veteran
Hi

Sorry but I have to let everyone know what a friend of mine just went through at the Royal Plaza by DTD - she had bed bugs in her room! It was disgusting and they hotel denied it all and won't refund her money! (She tried to get a different room at WDW but from the marathon wknd and the Food n Wine Festival no Values or Mods were available.)

It took the hotel front desk staff 24 hrs to even talk to her! She had to find the front desk manager at 1:30am and they said it was a small problem! Small problem? Bed bugs?! They even told her she should have stayed around the hotel to talk to them but it was the day of the MK 40th Anniversary and she was going there to see it. Why should SHE wait around to talk to someone after calling for 2 hrs that very morning? Thats NOT the way customer service should be!

They never moved nor cleaned her room, SHE had to ask and DO it herself! No one helped her nor did they check on her once she moved to the room she was originally booked for but they didnt' have ready.

The front desk manager did nothing and won't refund her room rate, nor will the hotel manager. Its a hot mess and they're being so rude!

The pool wasn't cleaned for 4 days and she also noticed that there was a 'film' floating on the water the entire time!

Do NOT stay at the Royal Plaza

That is just awful. I hate that for your friend and hopefully there can be some kind of resolve. I always worry about this :(.

Thank you. I'm trying to get her to join here too so she can see how much help people can be. I will tell her about the sites and I never knew about the bed bug registry too! Thank you so much for the information! And Trip Advisor! OMG I never knew you could do that w/o being a part of the site! If there are any other resources please let me know.

Thank you....

And just an FYI she contacted the BBB in FL and the Royal Plaza is denying her the credit for the room! So this should be quite interesting! I promise to keep you all updated!

Thank you again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter