Royal Pacific Resort in room Fridge/Microwave info

jjjllybean

Earning My Ears
I kept seeing differing information on whether rooms in RPR had microwaves/fridges or whether you had to rent them. I'm going in a week (YAY!) and wanted to know in order to figure out what groceries to order. So I called and here's what they told me. There are no in room fridge/microwaves other than the mini bar fridge (a fridge loaded with expensive drinks and snacks). You can rent a fridge and/or microwave for $15 a day. Each. (!) Here's a good tip I learned from someone on the forums- you can ask them to empty out your mini bar and use that as a fridge. There is a fee, but it's $25 instead of $15 a day.

So I guess it's up to you and your family's needs whether it's worth renting a fridge or microwave or emptying the mini bar. Does anyone know if the empty mini bar is big enough to hold a couple cans of soda, some yogurt, and water?

No microwaves at all. But rooms that have been renovated have a mini fridge for your use. Rooms that have not been renovated still have the mini bar and cannot be used for personal use.

If you need a fridge for medical purpose there is no charge and needs to be added ASAP if so.

Really? When I called they told me I could rent a microwave or fridge, there are no fridges in room unless you order them, and rooms have mini bars. Maybe the person I talked to was wrong. We decided it was price gouging to pay $15/day for a fridge so we're just going to have minimal items that need to be refrigerated and fill a small cooler bag with ice for those things. This is a little ridiculous for a 4 star hotel!

Really? When I called they told me I could rent a microwave or fridge, there are no fridges in room unless you order them, and rooms have mini bars. Maybe the person I talked to was wrong. We decided it was price gouging to pay $15/day for a fridge so we're just going to have minimal items that need to be refrigerated and fill a small cooler bag with ice for those things. This is a little ridiculous for a 4 star hotel!

The hotel is going through a renovation to correct some of these issues too. I have not heard or really seen a microwave. Maybe someone else has and we are there monthly. We normally bring our rolling cooler which is very easy for us. Even staying in a renovated room we used the cooler and not the new fridge.

Yes, old rooms you can rent a small dorm fridge for $15 a night.

To add they are probally told to tell guest that there are no fridges in room until the renovation is complete. If you get a new room as of now it's a bonus.

We requested a renovated room so that we'd have a fridge. Didn't happen. We got an unrenovated room so we didn't have a fridge at all. We should have brought a cooler with us so we could cool off our drinks and keep leftovers and bought items fresh. As it was, we didn't ask for leftovers when we ate since we had no where to put them and we drank warm drinks unless bought at the gift shop.

If you have no cooler grab the ice bucket and put a few sodas in it with ice.

We requested and got a microwave in our room during our stay in 2012. We just requested at check-in.

Microwaves are also rental items, but it's really luck of the draw at check-in if the desk person charges you or not. Often, they will comp items like fridges in my experience. I think I've read somewhere that microwaves and fridges can't be requested at the same time due to space issues or something.

Is there a food court or anywhere that has a microwave to use? I'm use to Disney resorts and they had toasters and microwaves in the food court. You could bring your own bread, popcorn etc. and use them in the toaster or microwaves.

Is there a food court or anywhere that has a microwave to use? I'm use to Disney resorts and they had toasters and microwaves in the food court. You could bring your own bread, popcorn etc. and use them in the toaster or microwaves.

This is a deluxe resort not a value. There is no where that is acceptable to toast or cook your own food.

i don't cook while on vacation so the microwave would not be important to me.

go to walgreens, short walk from pbr and buy the $4 styrofoam ice chest.

fill it with ice and keep it in the tub.
anything you place in it will be kept cool to use later.

why pay $15 a night plus tax to rent a dorm fridge?

renovated rooms do have the fridge.
you could luck out and get one.

I perhaps missed it above, but does anyone know if they will provide a fridge if you need to store medicine (insulin for a diabetic)? Do they still charge you $15/night for this?

I perhaps missed it above, but does anyone know if they will provide a fridge if you need to store medicine (insulin for a diabetic)? Do they still charge you $15/night for this?

Free for medical but need to reserve ahead of time.

Thanks Macraven, this is just what I was thinking about. Is the Walgreens walkable from RPR too?

Thanks Macraven, this is just what I was thinking about. Is the Walgreens walkable from RPR too?
there is a small shopping strip about a 3-4 minute walk from pbr.
it has a walgreens, liquor store, etc.

you could take the water taxi to city walk dock from rpr and then water taxi to pbr.
just depends if the boats are there when you are if the length of time to reach pbr area is good.

i walked it to pbr area and then to the walgreens.
couldn't carry a case of water and few other things back to rpr so i took a cab.
it cost me $5 for that ride back to rpr from there.

Yes, it is walkable. I'd consider it a bit of hike, but it's definitely doable. (we had our car when we went there)

We requested and got a microwave in our room during our stay in 2012. We just requested at check-in.
that is a possibility as microwaves are not that much in demand.
some with infants, need them to warm formula

fridges might be harder to secure if the hotel has a high occupancy and you wait until check in to rent one.

my son and dil needed a fridge for the insulin on their visit in february.

they never listen to me so i called and had the medical request added onto the reservation for the fridge.
well, the ressie was in my name as i paid the room for their honeymoon.....so no problem with me doing that.

the front desk, check in lobby held their insulin in the back room for them until their room was ready.

they give a priority to those with medical needs for refrigeration of meds, a priority.

so a fridge will be held back for those with prior requests.

$15 a night for the fridge was waived due to medical purposes for it.

if at any time they run out of fridges even if requested in advance, they will secure one from another hotel.
but, they will offer to keep the meds in the back room in a fridge during your entire stay if need be.

i do love popcorn but find it cheaper for me to buy it in the park instead of renting a micro just to heat up a bag of popcorn every few nights.

fridges might be harder to secure if the hotel has a high occupancy and you wait until check in to rent one.

my son and dil needed a fridge for the insulin on their visit in february.

they never listen to me so i called and had the medical request added onto the reservation for the fridge.
well, the ressie was in my name as i paid the room for their honeymoon.....so no problem with me doing that.

the front desk, check in lobby held their insulin in the back room for them until their room was ready.

they give a priority to those with medical needs for refrigeration of meds, a priority.

so a fridge will be held back for those with prior requests.

$15 a night for the fridge was waived due to medical purposes for it.

if at any time they run out of fridges even if requested in advance, they will secure one from another hotel.
but, they will offer to keep the meds in the back room in a fridge during your entire stay if need be.

i do love popcorn but find it cheaper for me to buy it in the park instead of renting a micro just to heat up a bag of popcorn every few nights.

Micro bags of popcorn stink, nothing beats fresh oil popped corn.

BTW: I pop the same corn that Universal does, so yummy.

We checked in on Dec. 7th and left just before the Christmas crowds rolled in. I'm pretty sure the resort was half empty for at least the first part of our stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter