Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Boo to rain! Too bad it looks like inside activities tomorrow, especially in the fall when it's otherwise so pretty near the lake. If weather clears, I'd recommend Atwater Park and beach, just north of city. Otherwise, it's the same-old - Children's Museum, Art Museum, Discovery World, Public Market. On the other hand, Third Ward has some interesting shops if roxykiddo is patient for that and you pack an umbrella! Our kids love the Safe House downtown for lunch and spy adventure! (It's a bar at night, but during the day fun for kids - ours have been to many birthday parties there!) Indulgence Chocolatiers (chocolate and wine pairing bar - kids welcome) and Purple Door Ice cream in Walkers Point are great for a rainy afternoon. One of our favorite yucky weather spots is the Fox Bay Cinema Grill - a bit more north, but not far. Old fashioned movie theater serving fun movie food. I did not say good movie food, but fun movie food. Fortunately for me, my husband already took @mateojr to see the latest lego movie, so the odds of us returning there tomorrow afternoon are low.

At least (fingers crossed) it's probably looking better for Sunday!

Thank you for the suggestions! It looks like there's a purple door ice cream by the start line if I'm looking right? I probably won't go crazy with ice cream day before a race but I know a kiddo that would enjoy it :)

I didn't get here in time to wish you good luck (stupid catching up on missing 2 days of school), but ... I hope the PR attempt went as planned! I can't wait to hear/read all about it!

I didn't get here in time to wish you good luck (stupid catching up on missing 2 days of school), but ... I hope the PR attempt went as planned! I can't wait to hear/read all about it!

Hope you crushed it!! Can't wait to hear

Waiting for all the official stats and will try to get a recap going once I'm home tonight. But I can say that's the farthest I've been able to run that fast.
52:49 unofficial finish. Ack!!!!!!
More details to come.
I'm still a bit in shock.

Waiting for all the official stats and will try to get a recap going once I'm home tonight. But I can say that's the farthest I've been able to run that fast.
More details to come.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

More details to come.

Wonderful! Congratulations!!! Can't wait to read about it.

Yay!!! So happy for you!! :) And so sad I didn't find you to say good luck before or congratulations after! :( Thought it would be easy to spot at least @DopeyBadger, but that was a far more crowded start to the half than I remember from this event in previous years. Can't wait for the report!

My kiddo was cold so we left a little sooner than planned @pixarmom but we'll have to run into each other in the future! How'd your half go??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter