Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Very cool medals!!! Giving me major for FOMO for those races. Someday! I like the teamwork that you and Mr. Roxy are doing to each a run a race too! I can't wait to hear more details of your costume! That skirt will be perfect!

OUR MEDALS ARE OUT!!! I'm so excited!!! I am SO DOWN with that 5k medal!

Love your new skirts.. they are so cute!

How are you plans looking for your trip? Is Ohana still in there? AKA meet the Barnes family?! haha

MEDALS AHHHH! Makes everything more real. That and I wrote down our FP+ day on my wall calendar yesterday. Are you guys doing all of the races? I think I remember you saying you were doing the 5k so I may have to come stalk ya'll at the corrals too.

So here's the rough outline of what I'm kinda sorta thinking for our weekend. Since I don't think I ever wrote this anywhere here.

Tues 10/31.
Fly in and probably get to Wilderness Lodge around 11:30am.
Eat lunch at Geyser Point.
Explore and/or go for a swim.
4pm+ quick service dinner in MK & Mickey's Halloween Party until kiddo poops out.

Wed 11/1
Rope drop Epcot
F&W booth lunch when they open up
Hotel break/swim
Animal Kingdom w/ dinner at Satuli Canteen
Pandora at night

Thur 11/2
MK BOG pre-park open breakfast
easy lunch anywhere
Minnie Van or something over to Expo
Bus to hotel
Mickey's backyard BBQ dinner
Night?

Fri 11/3
5k for me!
Total unknown for morning park, do whatever we want. Probably more Epcot F&W!
Afternoon Hollywood Studios
Fantasmic Minnie Halloween dinner package + watch Fantasmic

Sat 11/4
10k for @roxyhubby !
Rapunzel/Flynn late brunch
Hotel/pool enjoyment day. No park tickets this day unless we add it on.
Ohana dinner!!

Sun 11/5
Early MDE 9:40am back to the airport and reality :(

I think those medals are fantastic! Not running W&D this year, and I'm actually OK with that (surprised I have no FOMO) even though the medals are pretty cool, I like how original they are!!
Selfishly, it makes me really excited to see the January medals...

Very cool medals!!! Giving me major for FOMO for those races. Someday! I like the teamwork that you and Mr. Roxy are doing to each a run a race too! I can't wait to hear more details of your costume! That skirt will be perfect!

It's the perfect plan...I only run 3.1 miles and I get 9.3 miles worth of medals on our shared rack!
I'm thinking along these lines for costuming theme.
UDCHG%2BMICKEY%2BSCARECROW%2BMINNIE%2BPRAIRE%2BBBQ.jpg

I think those medals are fantastic! Not running W&D this year, and I'm actually OK with that (surprised I have no FOMO) even though the medals are pretty cool, I like how original they are!!
Selfishly, it makes me really excited to see the January medals...

I was the same way when DL half medals came out...meant we were next. Your should be out in time for our expo right?

I had thoughts on what to write for my Monday training recap and then my brain got totally sidetracked by bling reveals and vacation plans. (I'm not complaining.)
I've realized that I missed a blind run (not the run...just the blind part) on week 7 because I did it on the treadmill (hard to be blind.) But I have one for this week and it's an "outdoor" day so I'll drill it into my brain that it exists!!!
This weekend hubby finished his Tri season and so now we are in team-half-marathon mode as his next big race is my next big race...the Chicago half marathon. It'll be interesting to see where his plan and mine collide/overlap/divert, etc. He has a Tri specific coach that is giving him guidance for the next 7 weeks (Ack only 7 more weeks!)
So if ever there was a time to make sure our calendars are in sync, this would be it. It's hubbies first half and my first one that doesn't involve character stops. So will be fun to experience that together even though I'm sure we are lone wolfing the actual course.

Chicago Half Training week #9 and I think I'm feeling fine:
Mon 8/7: OFF - so much laundry
Tue 8/8: 5 mi @ EA treadmill (weird that 5 miles is now no big thing)
Wed 8/9: OFF - stir
Thur 8/10: 2 mi WU, 5 mi tempo, 1 mi CD (this is the sound of me crying about my tempos starting up over 4 miles again...whhhhyyyyyyy...remind me that the answer is "race day")
Fri 8/11: OFF
Sat 8/12: BLIND RUN 6 mi @ EB with strides. My EB is my most fluctuatey run generally. I tend to float between LR and EB the whole time. My splits for this weekend were 11:05, 11:02, 10:50, 11:14 (applying some brakes), 10:29 (albeit that last mile had strides.) So it will be interesting to see what I do when my watch isn't there as a garmin crutch.
Sun 8/13: 9 mi LR And there it is. That means Mr. 10 is lurking ahead.
I think I need to get better about listing out my +/- for each lap like billy does on his journal. If the weather is closer to normal T+D it will be good to start reminding myself how "too fast" or "too slow" I'm doing. My LR lately have been hovering a little on the slow side (I mean, by seconds per mile, so not like that much too slow) which I'd been blaming on the weather. But I'm sure fatigue factors in as well.

Happy Monday y'all

MEDALS AHHHH! Makes everything more real. That and I wrote down our FP+ day on my wall calendar yesterday. Are you guys doing all of the races? I think I remember you saying you were doing the 5k so I may have to come stalk ya'll at the corrals too.

So here's the rough outline of what I'm kinda sorta thinking for our weekend. Since I don't think I ever wrote this anywhere here.

Tues 10/31.
4pm+ quick service dinner in MK & Mickey's Halloween Party until kiddo poops out.

Wed 11/1
Rope drop Epcot
Hotel break/swim
Pandora at night

Thur 11/2
easy lunch anywhere
Bus to hotel
Night?

Fri 11/3
5k for me!

Sat 11/4
10k for @roxyhubby !
Ohana dinner!!

Sun 11/5

Oh great plans! YES we are doing the 5k! We will definitely need to grab a photo before the run!

Our plans are the same for Ohana and we are also in HS the evening you're doing Fantasmic. We're going for the Star Wars fireworks!

Tues 10/31.

Wed 11/1
Rope drop Epcot
Hotel break/swim
Pandora at night

Thur 11/2
easy lunch anywhere
Bus to hotel
Night?

Fri 11/3
5k for me!

Sat 11/4
10k for @roxyhubby !
Ohana dinner!!

Sun 11/5
Oh man! There's not much I enjoy more than Disney planning! I'm only slightly jealous.

Oh great plans! YES we are doing the 5k! We will definitely need to grab a photo before the run!

Our plans are the same for Ohana and we are also in HS the evening you're doing Fantasmic. We're going for the Star Wars fireworks!

I haven't done Fantasmic since my honeymoon, so its a long overdue :) We'll have to trade contact info when it gets closer even if just exchange a few pleasantries and take pics if we end up in the same places!

Oh man! There's not much I enjoy more than Disney planning! I'm only slightly jealous.

I love disney planning, and then I don't, and then I do, and on and on. Who am I kidding...I love all of it!
But this trip I'm "trying" to make it as easy-going as possible. I think I was a bit too over-planned last go round (but we also had a larger group to plan for) and we didn't leave enough time for aimless wandering/hotel relaxing.

I sent roxyhubby a link to the Disney food blog that showed some seriously cute artwork by Donna Yan
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/...t-featuring-iconic-disney-snacks/#more-173499

And sent a specific one of our favorite snacks and just said "this is us"

That was a few days ago.
And today this came in the mail for me.
IMG_0694.JPG
I broke down in tears because I love it so much. This isn't running related but I knew y'all would understand. It lives in our kitchen now and will make me happy when I look at it.
IMG_0693.JPG

To stay on topic a bit, once I give kiddo a bath and paint her nails (our Tues night ritual) I've got 5 "relaxing" easy miles at the gym on my evening schedule.

Happy corndogs to y'all :)

I sent roxyhubby a link to the Disney food blog that showed some seriously cute artwork by Donna Yan
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/...t-featuring-iconic-disney-snacks/#more-173499

That was a few days ago.
View attachment 260000
I broke down in tears because I love it so much. This isn't running related but I knew y'all would understand. It lives in our kitchen now and will make me happy when I look at it.
View attachment 260001

To stay on topic a bit, once I give kiddo a bath and paint her nails (our Tues night ritual) I've got 5 "relaxing" easy miles at the gym on my evening schedule.

So so cute!!! What a good hubby!

Okay. Medals.

When I saw the 5K one, I instantly thought pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving. I'm not a big pumpkin person, so I'm not wild about it, but it is nice if you like that theme. (I don't think it fits in with the rest of the weekend's medals, though)
I also thought bandana skirt when I saw it. Great minds think alike :)

I love love love love love the 10K medal. Seriously. It's like a luggage tag!! How cool is that? That's definitely my favorite one of the weekend. I'm a little jealous of @roxyhubby ... I want that medal!

I've also had that "wow, how did a 5 mile training run become not a big thing" moment. It's kinda crazy and awesome at the same time. It means you've reached a really awesome place in your running!

I love that corndog/popcorn print. So cute!! And so sweet that roxyhubby got it for you!

Oh he's a keeper! Well played @roxyhubby

Agree!

So so cute!!! What a good hubby!
Also, agree!

Okay. Medals.

When I saw the 5K one, I instantly thought pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving. I'm not a big pumpkin person, so I'm not wild about it, but it is nice if you like that theme. (I don't think it fits in with the rest of the weekend's medals, though)
I also thought bandana skirt when I saw it. Great minds think alike :)

I love love love love love the 10K medal. Seriously. It's like a luggage tag!! How cool is that? That's definitely my favorite one of the weekend. I'm a little jealous of @roxyhubby ... I want that medal!

I've also had that "wow, how did a 5 mile training run become not a big thing" moment. It's kinda crazy and awesome at the same time. It means you've reached a really awesome place in your running!

I love that corndog/popcorn print. So cute!! And so sweet that roxyhubby got it for you!

Good call on the pumpkin pie...now I'm hungry. Good thing I've got this pumpkin spice coffee at my desk (my work has a keurig and this flavor is one of the options right now...too soon??)

My HGTV was taken at the gym tonight but one of the CNN tvs on the end has been switched to another HGTV!!! Unfortunately that was taken too, but it gives me hope for future workouts. I did get a spot under an NBC one right as World of Dance was starting so that passed the time. I have to fight the treadmill like everytime now when it wants to force me into "cool down" mode once it approaches an hour...and I have to force the "increase speed" button up to counteract it. So annoying and jarring even on an easy run for it to slow down without my approval! Grumble mumble.

That was a few days ago.
View attachment 260000
View attachment 260001

I love this!! When I saw this on insta last I verbally said "How Sweet!" (and no one answered because I was home alone haha). It is so perfect that it is your favorite snacks and I am envisioning RoxyKiddo as the mickey bar :) So sweet!
(It also had me thinking of what print would fit DH and me and I think it would a Starbucks Cup (me) and Mickey Bar (him) )

I love this!! When I saw this on insta last I verbally said "How Sweet!" (and no one answered because I was home alone haha). It is so perfect that it is your favorite snacks and I am envisioning RoxyKiddo as the mickey bar :) So sweet!
(It also had me thinking of what print would fit DH and me and I think it would a Starbucks Cup (me) and Mickey Bar (him) )

Roxykiddo is for sure the mickey bar!!! This is her on her second birthday. I thought she was just chilling in her stroller so I ordered my first ice cream bar of the trip and she totally stole it from me :)
1546396_10101161947629651_4122492108508749406_n.jpg

I haven't done Fantasmic since my honeymoon, so its a long overdue :) We'll have to trade contact info when it gets closer even if just exchange a few pleasantries and take pics if we end up in the same places!

AND so you can appear in my vlog and be world famous right?! haha

Definitely! I'll DM you my mobile number closer to the time...

View attachment 260000
View attachment 260001

That is so adorable! I love the art but how sweet of him to get it for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter