Rosie Roams in 2016 Amish Country/ Sad News

We used to go to Miller's Smorgasbord all the time, back 20 years ago when we lived in Lancaster. We'd skip lunch so that we could be good and hungry at Miller's, in order to get our money's worth!

Been a tough week . Last week my sister in England fell and broke her hip and they had to do Surgery . My niece emailed me and the on Wednesday I got anther email that Kath had passed away, she was 89 and had dementia but I know my BIL who is 91 is heartbroken and my niece fears he will not be for this world long !! I posted this on facebook so I know some already know . But had to come home to my Dis family , to share with you. I am sooo looking forward to next monthand seeing Liesa , Marv and Pat and all theothers at Piano Bob's !~~!

So I will continue with Lancaster Pa !! Day 2 we headed out from the hotel after a delicious breakfast at the hotel and headed to Plain & Fancy Farm, where our 1st step on the days itinery was

The group is ready!!

Enroute we passed this sign:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

We stopped at an Amish Farm and shop

The cow barn where the were about to come in for milking , each stall has the cows name and they know which is theirs :lovestruc

Outside The Fisher's Home

Anyone remember these old washer wringers !!!????

The one room school house

Well I'll pause for now and come back later or tomorrow :love:

We used to go to Miller's Smorgasbord all the time, back 20 years ago when we lived in Lancaster. We'd skip lunch so that we could be good and hungry at Miller's, in order to get our money's worth!

I think we should have skipped lunch too , there was so much yummy food . I liked Chow Chow , did not like Shoo fly pie , I loved the Filling ( stuffing) can't even remember what else was super good . I found plenty of other desserts to try. Carol by the way liked shoofly pie !! She was also I do believe eating beets and red cabbage !!

Great looking lunch with fun company, Rosie! Thanks for sharing. :)

It was wonderful!!

Been a tough week . Last week my sister in England fell and broke her hip and they had to do Surgery . My niece emailed me and the on Wednesday I got anther email that Kath had passed away, she was 89 and had dementia but I know my BIL who is 91 is heartbroken and my niece fears he will not be for this world long !! I posted this on facebook so I know some already know . But had to come home to my Dis family , to share with you. I am sooo looking forward to next monthand seeing Liesa , Marv and Pat and all theothers at Piano Bob's !~~!

AWwww, so many big hugs, Rosie! :hug::hug::hug:

It's already hard being away from family, but when one gets sick or passes away, it's extra hard. I'm so glad I get to see you next month and give you a big hug in person. Praying for peace on your whole family.

Liesa

Sending condolences to you and your family Rosie, I hope that the memories of time passed remain close to your heart and memory during this time and in the day and year ahead.

A big hug when I see you next month Rosie..............before the picking begins! ;)

Enroute we passed this sign:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Did you stop and talk about it? :confused:

Rosie, I am so sorry for your loss! How sad to lose a family member and being so far away! Sending you lots of hugs!

I said it on Facebook Rosie but I'll say again here how sorry I am about your sister :hug:

AWwww, so many big hugs, Rosie! :hug::hug::hug:

It's already hard being away from family, but when one gets sick or passes away, it's extra hard. I'm so glad I get to see you next month and give you a big hug in person. Praying for peace on your whole family.

Liesa

T

Sending condolences to you and your family Rosie, I hope that the memories of time passed remain close to your heart and memory during this time and in the day and year ahead.

I said it on Facebook Rosie but I'll say again here how sorry I am about your sister :hug:

My condolences Rosie. So sorry for your loss.

Thanks for all your kind words I have been having trouble getting on the Dis !! I tried answering but it wouldn't let me !! I got 8 out of 10 Magic Bands today!! Hoping other 2 show up tomorrow !!! Carol and I and her Mom and Aunt all went to the Windmill in PennYann NY , it is open stalls and 3 huge buildings of crafts fresh produce, baked goods and canned goods , we had a ball !!!

I got some of mine today too!!

Sounds fun!

I got the other 2 the next day!! I think this happens every year :confused3 Yes our day out was fun !!! We are planning a overnight trip at some time probably next year to Lancaster to go to that Kettle Kitchen place that was closed !! Maybe Janet and Glenn could meet us ?????

Received the details of the Disney trip, we have to be at Buffalo airport at 5:30a :scared1::scared1: Glad I planned on MK as it closes at 7p , so wont be too late of a night !!! Called the 3 individuals homes /staff that I know and no changes from last year Yea !!!!!!:jumping3::jumping3: Another 2 lived at same apartment unit and got them all set , so have 3 to go !!.:banana::banana:

Received the details of the Disney trip, we have to be at Buffalo airport at 5:30a :scared1::scared1: Glad I planned on MK as it closes at 7p , so wont be too late of a night !!! Called the 3 individuals homes /staff that I know and no changes from last year Yea !!!!!!:jumping3::jumping3: Another 2 lived at same apartment unit and got them all set , so have 3 to go !!.:banana::banana:

Getting sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo close!!!!!! Got my 2nd set of MBs today. :)

Getting sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo close!!!!!! Got my 2nd set of MBs today. :)

Got all our tickets , luggage tags ,ME books etc from Patty of P & P , poor Carol took a tumble in Canada over the weekend , and hurt her shoulder and banged up her leg so she didn't make the meeting . I have contacted all the 8 guys , and Meds sound like Nothing !!! I think the best I've had , :banana::banana:. In Disney that is a huge relief . I know I have to one guys glucose reading which is NO problem.
I just want to firm up Friday 14th 's MEET at Piano Bob!! W plan on getting to Riverside for supper at the food court , looking around and finding seats early for the show . Can you guys keep me posted on your expected arrival time , as with your 7:15 ressie you could be quite late .This will be the first time we have taken the group!! Just found out today , when Dan & Cathleen went last month with a group Disney upgraded them to Riverside , apparently Disney realized how much business we give them and decided we should that P& P were due an upgrade and they were the lucky ones !!!:goodvibesDisney when you decide again I will take Animal Lodge Savannah view okay!!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter