Rory's Birthday Trip Day 6

JulieH

Mouseketeer
DAY 6-FRIDAY 10TH JUNE 2005

We were awake by 7.30 which was earlier than I’d expected as we’d been so late the night before. We packed the cases and then went for breakfast at The Yacht Club. After breakfast we went to check out and took the suitcases to the left luggage.

We had realised the day before that we’d never seen the Good Morning Walt Disney Studios Parade so we decided to try and do that. We were at the Studio for opening time and really liked being clapped out of Studio 1.DS decided we had to do Flying Carpets Over Agrabah again so we were on the first ride for the day. We went to watch the parade we hadn’t realised that it went in the opposite direction from the Disney Cinema Parade. We were in Production Courtyard and that was where it stopped. DS loved it when all the characters got off the floats and came for autographs and photos, he was pleased to see Daisy Duck for the first time. He had good fun having a bit of a push and shove with Stitch and 2 CMs

After the parade we went through to the Park . DS decided to be brave and so we went to Big Thunder Mountain. The queue was about 45 minutes so we decided to get Fast passes (this was the only time the whole holiday that we needed them). We went for a wander round Frontierland and then went back for BTM. When we got off DS announced it was his favourite ride and could we go on again. I felt really bad having to say that we didn’t have time to do it again. The park was a lot busier that day than it had been for the rest of the holiday. We decided then that it was time for lunch so we went to Pizzeria Belle Notte and had a lovely lunch sitting outside in the sunshine. We had a last wander around the park and DS bought the BTM pin and a soft toy Stitch. Then it was back to the hotel to get the suitcases and get the bus to the airport. On the walk back by the lake DS went up the hill with Stitch and sat and cried as he didn’t want to go home he wanted to stay at DLRP ( didn’t we all).

At the airport we checked in and had the same seats as on the outward flight. At the departure gate the man checking the passports told DS that Stitch would need a passport or he’d have to stay there. DS didn’t know whether to believe him or not. When we went through the metal detector DH set it off, they didn’t know what had caused this but his hand luggage was checked too. They gave up after finding mugs and snow globes wrapped in tissue paper.

After an uneventful flight we arrived back at Newcastle about 9pm. We collected the car and then drove home. We popped in to see Granny and Grandad and tell them we were home and then into bed by 11.30.We’d had a lovely holiday and DS said it was his best birthday ever. Now we’re trying to work out if we can afford to go back next year maybe in July or else in October.

Oh I am sorry it has come to an end :(

Thank you so much for sharing your reports Julie, I have enjoyed reading them :)

I really enjoyed reading your trip report and I'm sorry that it's come to an end. :( I hope you get to go again next year! ::MickeyMo

Thanks for sharing your adventures with us all. :)

I don't think I've read all of your trip report, but I will certainly be going back and looking for it so I can hear the full story! I enjoyed reading what I did read. Yay. :)

Awww Julie, your poor DS, I always feel like crying when a happy holiday has to end.:sad1: I am so glad you all had a lovely time, its never too early to start planning for the next one!:)

Sorry this has taken ages to get to part 6.I've really enjoyed writing these trip reports.It made me keep a note of everything that we did. Then going through it again has helped us to re-live it all again. Now I just have to get DS to sort out the carrier bag of park maps and other stuff to put into his scrapbook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter