Room type?

tkgdisney

Mouseketeer
what category room should we expect on an ABD trip? On the Montana and Canada trip, the hotels for 2 parts are Fairmonts, just trying to get an idea for what we should expect., not expecting a suite, but would love a view other than rooftop or parking lot.

what category room should we expect on an ABD trip? On the Montana and Canada trip, the hotels for 2 parts are Fairmonts, just trying to get an idea for what we should expect., not expecting a suite, but would love a view other than rooftop or parking lot.

Don't expect anything fancy view wise. Our views on our ABD to Central Europe consisted of interior courtyards and brick walls. And one of our hotels was a Ritz Carlton and we looked at a brick wall in an interior courtyard.

Although, I've driven past the Fairmont in Banff and I don't think many of those rooms have a bad view. Here's a link to the rooms page on the hotel website. http://www.fairmont.com/banff-springs/accommodations/guest-rooms/

It really depends on what's available. I had fabulous views on my Scotland and Greece trips. OK views in China. Alaska was split. Courtyard (but very pretty Courtyard!) in London & Paris. It's always a surprise, and hopefully a good one.

I wouldn't expect it to be the most expensive room category.

Sayhello

I can speak from personal experience that there are rooms at the Fairmont Banff Springs that have views of rooftops. You just have to look past it at the beauty in the distance. You probably won't get one of those. If you don't get a lake view room at Chateau Lake Louise that would be a travesty! :)

Last edited:

The "view" might not have been pristine at the Ritz Carlton in Vienna, but the interior was exquisite!!!

The "view" might not have been pristine at the Ritz Carlton in Vienna, but the interior was exquisite!!!

We barely spent much time in the room because we broke away from our tour group on both days in Vienna so hardly was anywhere near the hotel. It just would have been nice to have been able to open the curtains and seen Vienna, not a concrete wall of the former palace across a tiny courtyard when we were in the room.

We are at the Fairmont in Banff right now (not at ABD) and once you get here, you won't really care about your room. This is the most incredible hotel I have ever stayed in. It is amazing! You are going to love it. We are planning our next visit already.

That said, there don't seem to be many bad views here. It's just a gorgeous place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!