Room thermostat override?

figment97

Mouseketeer
I put this method of overriding the room thermostats in my "do not lose" notes... and what do you think happened? I lost them. I need a new organizational method...

Anywho, can someone remind me of how to do this?

Thanks in advance.
Goin in 15 days... Beach Club. WoooHooooo! :banana:

Press the power button and the down arrow button simultaneously. The letters "bp" should appear in the display indicating you are in "bypass" mode. Then you can use the up/down buttons to set the temperature. You may have to do this every 24 hours or every few days.

The sensor by-pass for our kind of thermostat was simple--I just pressed the "off" button and both the temperature "up/down" buttons all at the same time. "BP' appears in the thermostat, and then it operates as most other themostats in most other hotels in the US

And yet another:

The thermostat has two buttons on the left (ON/OFF and AUTO/FAN) and two buttons on the right (UP and DOWN)

1) Press the ON/OFF and AUTO/FAN buttons together. The digital display will change to 'CA'.

2) Press the ON/OFF and DOWN button together. The digital display will change to 'OR" (or something similar).

You have just deactivated the motion sensor. This will last for three days at which point you will have to repeat the process.

TO CHANGE AC THERMOSTAT SETTINGS THE THERMOSTAT HAS TO BE PUT INTO "SERVICE MODE" IT IS SIMPLE TO DO BY PRESSING THE FOLLOWING KEYS ON THE FRONT OF THE THERMOSTAT.

EXECUTE THE FOLLOWING SEQUENCE:

1. PRESS (AND KEEP PRESSED) THE F/C KEY

2. PRESS (AND RELEASE) THE OFF/AUTO KEY

3. PRESS (AND RELEASE) THE DISPLAY KEY.

4. RELEASE THE F/C KEY.

UPON SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETING THIS SEQUENCE, THE LCD WILL DISPLAY PAR (PARAMETER) AND THE PARAMETER NUMBER.

1. PRESS THE UP ARROW KEY AND SCROLL UNTIL # 6 APPEARS. (NEW MODELS # 24)

2. PRESS THE OFF/AUTO KEY

3. THE CURRENT LOW TEMPERATURE IS DISPLAYED.

4. PRESS THE DOWN ARROW KEY AND SCROLL UNTIL THE DESIRED ROOM
TEMPERATURE APPEARS
5. PRESS THE F/C KEY

I had this in my list of subscriptions...hope it's still current information.

Press the power button and the down arrow button simultaneously. The letters "bp" should appear in the display indicating you are in "bypass" mode. Then you can use the up/down buttons to set the temperature. You may have to do this every 24 hours or every few days.

The sensor by-pass for our kind of thermostat was simple--I just pressed the "off" button and both the temperature "up/down" buttons all at the same time. "BP' appears in the thermostat, and then it operates as most other themostats in most other hotels in the US

And yet another:

The thermostat has two buttons on the left (ON/OFF and AUTO/FAN) and two buttons on the right (UP and DOWN)

1) Press the ON/OFF and AUTO/FAN buttons together. The digital display will change to 'CA'.

2) Press the ON/OFF and DOWN button together. The digital display will change to 'OR" (or something similar).

You have just deactivated the motion sensor. This will last for three days at which point you will have to repeat the process.

TO CHANGE AC THERMOSTAT SETTINGS THE THERMOSTAT HAS TO BE PUT INTO "SERVICE MODE" IT IS SIMPLE TO DO BY PRESSING THE FOLLOWING KEYS ON THE FRONT OF THE THERMOSTAT.

EXECUTE THE FOLLOWING SEQUENCE:

1. PRESS (AND KEEP PRESSED) THE F/C KEY

2. PRESS (AND RELEASE) THE OFF/AUTO KEY

3. PRESS (AND RELEASE) THE DISPLAY KEY.

4. RELEASE THE F/C KEY.

UPON SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETING THIS SEQUENCE, THE LCD WILL DISPLAY PAR (PARAMETER) AND THE PARAMETER NUMBER.

1. PRESS THE UP ARROW KEY AND SCROLL UNTIL # 6 APPEARS. (NEW MODELS # 24)

2. PRESS THE OFF/AUTO KEY

3. THE CURRENT LOW TEMPERATURE IS DISPLAYED.

4. PRESS THE DOWN ARROW KEY AND SCROLL UNTIL THE DESIRED ROOM
TEMPERATURE APPEARS
5. PRESS THE F/C KEY

I had this in my list of subscriptions...hope it's still current information.

will that work for the t-stats in AKV- kidani?:confused3

I found this on another thread:

Originally Posted by CHD New York
Hey everyone, Read the info below to overwrited the thermostat in the room.

This should fix the problem, please let me know.

One of the few significant complaints that DVC members have about their villas is the tendency of the air conditioning to turn off during the course of the night. This occurs because the units are motion-activated, and when people are asleep, they're... well, not moving. At least not moving enough to activate the motion-sensor unit and cause the air conditioing to turn on. Some members have tried to work around this by attaching shirts, paper towels, etc., to their room fans to create a constant source of movement in the room. Rather than going to such extremes, however, it might be easier to make use of these simple thermostat by pass instructions.

First, make yourself acquainted with the thermostat:

Next, decide if you would like to set your room temperature for 24 hours or for 3-4 days.

If you would like to set the temperature in your room for 24 hours:

Push the Power/On-Off button and the Down Arrow at the same time.

If you do this correctly, "bp" will appear on the readout.

You can then adjust the temperature to your desired setting.

If you would like to set the temperature in your room for 3-4 days:

Press the Power/On-Off button and the Fan/On-Auto buttons (the top two buttons) at the same time.

Press the Power/On-Off button and the Down Arrow (as indicated above) at the same time.

If you do this correctly, "bp" will appear on the readout.

You can then adjust the temperature to your desired setting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter