• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room recommendations.

MBTigger

Designated Bouncer
As we live on the west coast, we are thinking 5 nights at Aulani, and MAYBE 2 nights elsewhere on Oahu next February (5 nights vs 7 is in discussion)
Usually we are a 1 bedroom family (food allergies) but if it just the spouse and I we might go with a Studio. We are thinking Ocean View, but are open to other suggestions. What room requests do you think are best for Aulani studios?

thanks in advance!
MB

As we live on the west coast, we are thinking 5 nights at Aulani, and MAYBE 2 nights elsewhere on Oahu next February (5 nights vs 7 is in discussion)
Usually we are a 1 bedroom family (food allergies) but if it just the spouse and I we might go with a Studio. We are thinking Ocean View, but are open to other suggestions. What room requests do you think are best for Aulani studios?

thanks in advance!
MB
I guess it depends on how important the view is. For my wife and I, it is important. Even if you’re out and about all day, you still end up spending time in your room, and we love looking out at the ocean and being reminded we’re in Hawaii. So we always go for the ocean view, but always ask for one overlooking the pool as well. At night the entire pool area as well as the volcano water slide are lit up and look beautiful.

@MBTigger I think this all comes down to what's important for you ... Is the kitchen or the king bed important ... book a 1BR. Is view really important? book an OV. Personally, the last time we went I booked an island view but then requested (If you're DVC, member services is great for this) one of the island views that looks out over the empty hotel lot next door (I can't remember the exact request but something like... high floor room ending in 71/77 for 1BR & 73/79 for Studios). Partial Ocean view. Worked for us. Only downside is that you look over the luau.

Personally, as a DVC member I’ve never been successful getting exactly my room request. For us it’s been pretty much the luck of the draw. They have offered to move us part way into our stay to give us exactly what we requested, but we’ve found that to be inconvenient and a bit of a pain. So re the partial ocean view for an island view rate, looking out over the luau, I wouldn’t count on it.
Just FYI, there are ocean views that also look out over the luau, the empty lot on the south, and the Four Seasons on the north. For us those sight lines are just ok, and we feel a little disconnected from the hotel. That’s why we go for the pool/ocean view. (The only straight on ocean views are from the grand villas at the front of each tower, and at night all you see pretty much is black.)
You can get the pool/ocean view from both the Ewa and Waianae Towers. The view from the Ewa is slightly prettier, in that you get the mountains and sunset over the water, but the sun beats down on the balcony in the afternoon. We like the Waianae Tower.
There are threads that show the views from many rooms, and also ones that discuss the pros and cons of each tower, Might also be good to pull up a resort map. We also like the one bedrooms better but the studios are great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter