Room charges and gift cards

cheery97

Earning My Ears
So, we want to buy Disney gift cards from target to get the 5% and then apply it to our room balance, which I know we can do, but can we add over the amount due for magic band charges? So for example our balance is say $600 and we want to apply a gift card of a $1000. It would pay off the balance of course, but can you keep the $400 credit for magicband and charges instead of our card on file? Any one have experience doing that? I know we can just use the gift card for charges, but the magicband is just easier.

when I went last trip, the CM at CSR told me couldn't charge a credit to the account from the gift card. Instead I just stopped by every few days and paid off whatever I charged on my magic band with the Gift Card I had - worked like a charm. :)

Why not just bring the giftcard with you and use it instead of the magic band?
We have done both and the giftcard is easier to use when at a kiosk. You don't have to type in your PIN. But the advantage of using the MagicBand is that you get a record of all your purchases, which is nice. I don't like to use a giftcard at a table service restaurant when you have to add a tip. We just use the MagicBand or a credit card for those purchases.

As others have said, you can not have a credit balance on account. Just pay down the charges with the Gift Card every few days.
Be sure to pay all charges the Night BEFORE you check out. The credit card is run around 2 AM the morning of check out.

Why not just bring the giftcard with you and use it instead of the magic band?

Thats what we do. I’m much too lazy to bother going to the front desk every few days and wait in line to pay off my room charges when I can just do it at point of sale.

But if it ever changes and one can actully put a GC on file instead of a CC I’m all in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter