Room arangment? HELP please (desprate

flying_babyb

DIS Veteran
I moved to a bigger room, and moved a futon in for my bf after he has his surgery. So now im in trouble. I have alot of funiture that must stay in my room. I also have alot of stuff. My main issue is the bed. Its a full sized bed and theres not many places it can go, just the futon. Theres a long heater under the window so that too narrows my options. I cant loose the desk since im a online student (not that I ever sit at the desk),and my closet is bluging. I also would like to hide the desk. Its a pretty color (black with turquoise drawers) but the desk clutter and the craft cabinates beside it are also ugly. I dont wanna have to see it when im sleeping. I rent so whatever I do has to be rental friendly. I have a beaded curtain, two bamboo blinds and some cloth I can use. also can one mount rope lights in a closet or does that look dumb? My closet has no light (Bad when trying to find my copy of moby dick at midnight). I would also like to get the tv off the floor. So below is a drawing of my room and a explanation. TIA
myroom.jpg

1. end table-curently functioning as a lamp stand but also works as a nightstand when futons folded out
2. Futon- Must stay in room for when my boyfreind visits
3. End table- See 1
4. Floor Lamp- Curently my only light sorce since I broke the fans light
5. Bookcase- Skinny and stylish
6. Nightstand- Total nessicity
7. Nightstand- Totally there for those movie wacthin nights
8. Crappy desk- there for storage and home work
9. My large craft boxes which come up in front of the window
10. small bench- tempoary home since the heat vent is there
11. Chair- tempoary home since the heat vent is there
12. Window-large and a pain in the butt, curently has very ugly blinds and brown curtains (to block the light)
13. Shelves- The movable kind holds jewerly, and books
14. Dresser- old and broken still works
15. Toy chest- A nice place to store kitchen goods (gatta keep them here till I move)
16. Footlocker- more storage
17. Unusable space due to roomates dresses
18. Table- could be flipped up to a storage cabinate (is being used as one laying down). BUt if I flip it up what do I use for a table when eating on the futon?

sorry its so long

Is the little gap near #5 your doorway?

Is the TV on top of something?

Can the toy chest and footlocker be stacked? (or are you accessing items in either/both frequently?)

What size is the room?

Where is the closet?

Are you using under the bed storage? Rubbermaid makes boxes specifically for sliding under beds and I'm sure other companies do to. Are you absolutely sure there's nothing you can get rid of or store somewhere else?

How big is the room?

ive got luggage with stuff in stored under the bed. The closet is where 13-17 are in. The gap by 5 is the door. Tvs on the floor, AKA you get a cramp in your neck watching it from the futon. Yea the toy chest and trunk could be stacked. I was thinking about it. Im also considering lofting my bed or building a platform over by the window since nothing can be there in winter due to the darn floor heating. room is 13 by 12 and the futon and bed are both full sized the desk is about three feet long. THe desk chair (stupid I know) dosnet fit under the desk. I know the number one thing that needs to move is the table. Its a pain in the butt for getting around the room. I know my rooms colors are suposted to make it look bigger too. Walls are all white, funitures black and turquoise and fabrics are brown and hot pink (pillows that got grabbed from the living room.

Wow, that's a small room for everything you have in there!

Could you get rid of 1 & 3, the 2 nightstands by the futon and buy another standing lamp. How about one of the 2 nightstands by the bed. I suggest those because nightstand often don't store much and having 1 instead of 2 would free up a little bit of space and give you a feeling of a having more space. How about tv trays to use as tables for eating. Could eliminate the table if you do that and could slide them behind the futon when not needed.

Lofting sounds like a good idea. I've never seen it done with a full size bed though - is that possible?

Is the room size 12 x 13 including the closet? or is that just the main bedroom area? It's hard to redesign without measurements/scale!

Hope you have a tape measure.

ok, let's start with the closet. Hopefully we can create more space there for some of the stuff that's taking up room in the main area but that you're not regularly using.

I'm guessing the number 14 is turned so that the drawers are pulled out into the door area. If you take 13 out of the end, can you pivot #14 and will it fit there (toward front of nook) along with 15 & 16 stacked next to it in the corner?

If that fits. Then move #8 and #13 to back wall of the closet in which ever order allows the dresser drawers best access or if both are same depth which ever you use most often.

Then I would turn the bed so the head of the bed is toward the closet and move the futon to the spot where #8 & 9 are currently located. Will #6 fit next to bed at closet entrance?

Speaking of which ~ is there a door on the closet?

How high is #5?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter