Room alert/ready text

DSNYFRK4EVR

Mouseketeer
I am checking in to AKL Jambo House today and received a text early this morning saying room wasn't ready. Now I received a text that said I need to see front desk for room assignment. Anyone every gotten this before and what happened?

What happened? I have gotten a room assignment after getting the “your room isn’t ready” text.

We've gotten this a few times (both DVC and cash stays) - and in most cases they had to fiddle with our magic bands to get them to work with the door. Once we were upgraded from lake to TPV (at BLT).

It has been 50/50 for us - stop by the front desk or room is ready.

It's always been iffy getting a room ready text for us. What bothers me more is that we almost always have a problem with someones magic band not working correctly on the room door or worse, charging to the room.

We've gotten this a few times (both DVC and cash stays) - and in most cases they had to fiddle with our magic bands to get them to work with the door. Once we were upgraded from lake to TPV (at BLT).
When we arrived at the front desk, they told us the issue was the magicbands. We got the same room type we booked with none of our requests granted lol thanks to all for your responses! I've never received an actual room number with the room ready texts, just "your room is not quite ready" and then I end up going to front desk and they tell me the notification didn't work. Guess this is another message I'll get used to receiving as others have gotten it as well. Let's see what happens when we come for thanksgiving.

We always end up at the front desk for some reason, usually to verify or add pin codes to MBs so going to the front desk is just part of our routine. Too bad they can't get the text to work, it really would be handy.

Just checked in a couple of weeks ago. We never got a text. After a 3-hour flight delay, I wasn't happy to have to stop at the front desk at 2 a.m.

I would agree that the text alert when villa is ready is usually a 50/50, though in my last 3 stays, I received 1 text saying the villa was ready and 2 stays, I just went to the front desk and the room was ready, so now I just always stop at check in first. Good luck!

When we arrived at the front desk, they told us the issue was the magicbands. We got the same room type we booked with none of our requests granted lol thanks to all for your responses! I've never received an actual room number with the room ready texts, just "your room is not quite ready" and then I end up going to front desk and they tell me the notification didn't work. Guess this is another message I'll get used to receiving as others have gotten it as well. Let's see what happens when we come for thanksgiving.

We've gotten this before. However our stay happened to be Concierge so we knew the room that housekeeping had just left and walked over. MB let us right in. It's something with the system notification IMO.

We got that once and they wanted to set up our PINs since only two of us had one set up.

Since they have been texting room readyness w/magic we have always recieved room ready text and never had to visit the front desk apon arrival

Last edited:
We are from Canada so I set up email instead of text (won’t let me do text). The last two stays (including one full week stay and the second was a split stay), we got emails for every room ready. I setup my email to mark the sender as a VIP on my iPhone so I get a notification as if it were a text when the email comes through.

Maybe it’s a texting thing? What if you tried doing both text and email (if that is even an option).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter