ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest threads and contracts passing give me hope. Now the question is whether to buy BCV, BWV or VGF. DH would probably vote BCV, I would maybe vote BWV, and ODD (6) would vote VGF. YDD (2) loves choo-choos and Moana, which makes me think she would vote for Poly and then have a tantrum when she's told there are no 1BR. But this makes me think that since we can wait, we should look for a foreign seller... heh.

What is the Counter Service situation at BCV vs BWV? (At BLT we use Contempo alot). I have read the BC Marketplace leaves a little to be desired on their new menu. While I will be the judge of that in March, that would likely factor into my decision.

What is the Counter Service situation at BCV vs BWV? (At BLT we use Contempo alot). I have read the BC Marketplace leaves a little to be desired on their new menu. While I will be the judge of that in March, that would likely factor into my decision.
when we were at BCV we weren't thrilled at all with the Marketplace. The poolside QS had a few more options, but maybe now that the YC has a newer QS option that can help? BWV was same, the bakery didn't cut it for us. Guess they figure you are eating in Epcot or DHS for qs, or the Villa? Paying for location it seems in those resorts. But that is just our opinion, others disagree!

A little off topic for the ROFR thread ;) but it definitely is a weakness of BCV. I'm hopeful that once the convention center is done that they'll consider expanding the marketplace. The food counter was definitely added "after the fact" and has basic QS breakfast (eggs, egg sandwiches, & mickey waffles) and the rest of the time it's flatbread pizzas and a couple of other misc. things. That said, you can now walk over to the yacht club ale & compass for much better QS options!

Seems like it has been moving pretty quickly. You seem to be offering a fair price and it is missing a few 2017 points... Hopefully you will hear back soon with good news. You heard back pretty quick on your 150 point contract (under two weeks)... Was that one AKL (Dec use year) as well? Good luck--Greg
shainky84---$103-$18115-170-AKV-Dec-0/16, 163/17, 170/18, 170/19- sent 11/3

Any guesses as to how fast the ROFR process will take? This our second attempt. Did not pass with a 150 point contract at $100/point. Sent 10/20 and notified 11/1.

passed today, 11/10 - just notified.

This will be our first DVC contract!! :-D Stripped, but that's okay with our plans. I was a little surprised that the offer was accepted without a counter, given the current market, but it doesn't have points until 2019.

iheartglaciers---$110-$11490-100-BCV-Feb-0/16, 0/17, 0/18, 100/19- sent 11/10

This will be our first DVC contract!! :-D Stripped, but that's okay with our plans. I was a little surprised that the offer was accepted without a counter, given the current market, but it doesn't have points until 2019.

Congrats! I may have helped you out there a little -- I made a lowball offer on that one so yours probably seemed awesome. :D

Congrats! I may have helped you out there a little -- I made a lowball offer on that one so yours probably seemed awesome. :D

Haha, this was basically my max price for a stripped contract. After it was accepted without a counter, I wondered if I could've gone lower! I'm new to this whole resale process and already thought my offer would be too low for being $15/point under the asking price.

Haha, this was basically my max price for a stripped contract. After it was accepted without a counter, I wondered if I could've gone lower! I'm new to this whole resale process and already thought my offer would be too low for being $15/point under the asking price.

I think that's an excellent deal in this current market. I'm holding off making any serious offers for the flood that comes Dec/Jan every year when maintenance fees statements go out.

The asking price is arbitrary, and even though you are $15/pt under the asking price, I think it's fair to add back in the $6.27/point in maintenance fees you'll have to pay almost immediately for points the seller has already used. So, the real price is $116.27 which is a fair price for both parties IMHO.

I think that's an excellent deal in this current market. I'm holding off making any serious offers for the flood that comes Dec/Jan every year when maintenance fees statements go out.

The asking price is arbitrary, and even though you are $15/pt under the asking price, I think it's fair to add back in the $6.27/point in maintenance fees you'll have to pay almost immediately for points the seller has already used. So, the real price is $116.27 which is a fair price for both parties IMHO.

Good to know :-) The seller is paying for the 2018 MF since they already used those points. Is that not typical? I put that in the offer (and it's in the contract), but I assumed that's standard if they already used the points.

Good to know :-) The seller is paying for the 2018 MF since they already used those points. Is that not typical? I put that in the offer (and it's in the contract), but I assumed that's standard if they already used the points.

I don't know what's typical, but they should pay that, IMHO since they used the points. So great!

A little off topic for the ROFR thread ;) but it definitely is a weakness of BCV. I'm hopeful that once the convention center is done that they'll consider expanding the marketplace. The food counter was definitely added "after the fact" and has basic QS breakfast (eggs, egg sandwiches, & mickey waffles) and the rest of the time it's flatbread pizzas and a couple of other misc. things. That said, you can now walk over to the yacht club ale & compass for much better QS options!

(off topic)
I was not thrilled with either, either, but since I am planning to get us in to 1BR we'd probably just do breakfast in the villas or character meals - my girls loved Akershus for dinner and Trattoria al Forno for breakfast. Flynn Ryder got my 6yo practicing her smolder.... :-\

I found that we vary how much we use the QS based on how much we like it: While at VGF, we used QS for breakfast AND dinner if we didn't have an ADR. At BLT, we used Contempo moderately, and at BCV/BWV we barely used it at all.

WOW! You just gave me some courage to offer even lower than I did! I mean, I literally just changed the number in an offer. I know that doesn’t mean it’ll get accepted, but I am encouraged! Wishing you lots of luck in passing ROFR!

we PASSED!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! just got notified that we passed! what an amazing deal :)

AWESOME! So excited for you!!!

Thread has been updated.

$65 for OKW, holy smokes! I'd love to know how @MomOfTwoBoys snuck that one through, lol. That's what we paid two years ago for OKW and it was even a good deal at that time, much less now! Congrats!

Congrats to all who passed this week :flower1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter