ROFR Thread July to Sept 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

That contract will always be The One that got away for me, Jerry!

You were looking at it too? That’s how I feel about the CCV recently on here had seller at $130 and paying closing costs. Couldn’t pull the trigger though.

Initially we thought: let's pick up 200 points and give it a try. But of course addonitis struck straight away. When I saw the 500pt POLY, we already had a 200pt PVB in ROFR. I hesitated, and it went to you (Congratulations by the way!).

Adding insult to injury, that 200pt POLY contract ended up falling through! :sad:

Thanks! Reading everyone else's stories gets me excited about finding that right one- we thought we'd found it twice other than clearing ROFR, but it'll happen! Looking forward to joining the DVC family!

Which resort were you trying to get?

Which resort were you trying to get?
SSR- the first time we offered exactly what was being asked, and by the time the resale agent had gotten in touch with the seller, he'd changed his mind. The second time, we negotiated for $97 a point, it was accepted, we sent the check, and they then changed their mind. Different company and the agent told us this had only happened to her 4 times during her career. Spoiler alert- paying a little more, but might have something to add to this list soon!

If you are buying from an international person what does that mean for you and your taxes? I'm hoping it doesn't affect my taxes. Thanks for your help.
If the closing company does their job (sellers file taxpayer ID number and closing company withholds $ from the seller) you should not be impacted as the buyer. Your basis is what you paid, with closing costs, and the seller is responsible for their capital gains if they had any.

Initially we thought: let's pick up 200 points and give it a try. But of course addonitis struck straight away. When I saw the 500pt POLY, we already had a 200pt PVB in ROFR. I hesitated, and it went to you (Congratulations by the way!).

Adding insult to injury, that 200pt POLY contract ended up falling through! :sad:

Falling through from seller? Or ROFR? K ha e a new poly will post when it closes

Passed ROFR. Then two weeks after the closing documents were sent, Seller returned her documents, claimed her funds were on the way (she owed $10k), and tried to convince us to finalize the closing. When her funds didn't arrive and her game was up, she let the contract go to foreclosure.

Not Vacatia's fault, which is why I was so impressed they took responsibility.

Ugh- Can I join the throngs of frustrated potential buyers? I've been waiting to post our offer here- but after agreeing on a price, sending in our paperwork and deposit + 3 additional days, the sellers changed their minds about selling . . . 2 weeks ago we also lost an opportunity after we offered exactly what the seller asked, only to also have them change their minds about selling. (sigh)

It is so frustrating, but I'm glad your sellers at least changed their minds relatively early in the process. We're in a contract right now for 3 months (passed ROFR, received closing docs 6 weeks ago) and sellers are refusing to sign and not communicating with the broker/title. Our full balance has been sent 6 weeks ago and tied up. We can't walk away because that would make us in breach of contract and lose our deposit. Our only option is to sit and wait until the official closing date stated in our contract expires (2 more weeks), and then title co will have to legally return our full deposit & balance.

I do think that these are the minority sellers though, and most do fulfill their end of the agreement. We're just so looking forward to becoming members as this is our 1st contract, so the resale process has jaded us a bit.

Passed ROFR. Then two weeks after the closing documents were sent, Seller returned her documents, claimed her funds were on the way (she owed $10k), and tried to convince us to finalize the closing. When her funds didn't arrive and her game was up, she let the contract go to foreclosure.

Not Vacatia's fault, which is why I was so impressed they took responsibility.

People sometimes , I don’t get why they would do something to try to get out of it like that. I honestly don’t understand that if they close how the lein can be moved to you. I just imagine Disney would not allow the transfer (assuming they gave loan) unless you were aware you’d be responsible. Anyway sorry to hear. What was the price you paid? Figured I could check old posts but I’m lazy right now

Replying to @Mumof4mice and @Jerry5788 (I have to figure out how to quote multiple people still) Seriously- I know someone else here had posted about a similar circumstance- I guess people don't always do their research to realize that part of the final closing process is to VERIFY the financial standing of what is being sold and make sure that the buyer is completely aware? I'll admit I had to google "estoppel" when we were first started researching . . . but that cleared it up for me. :)

People sometimes , I don’t get why they would do something to try to get out of it like that. I honestly don’t understand that if they close how the lein can be moved to you. I just imagine Disney would not allow the transfer (assuming they gave loan) unless you were aware you’d be responsible. Anyway sorry to hear. What was the price you paid? Figured I could check old posts but I’m lazy right now

$135 with seller paying MF on full 2018 points. Not even the deal of the century or anything like that grrrr…

It is so frustrating, but I'm glad your sellers at least changed their minds relatively early in the process. We're in a contract right now for 3 months (passed ROFR, received closing docs 6 weeks ago) and sellers are refusing to sign and not communicating with the broker/title. Our full balance has been sent 6 weeks ago and tied up. We can't walk away because that would make us in breach of contract and lose our deposit. Our only option is to sit and wait until the official closing date stated in our contract expires (2 more weeks), and then title co will have to legally return our full deposit & balance.

I do think that these are the minority sellers though, and most do fulfill their end of the agreement. We're just so looking forward to becoming members as this is our 1st contract, so the resale process has jaded us a bit.

Yes! Per yours and other postings, we're lucky that we haven't had to wait longer to find this out- maybe there needs to be a DVC resale buyers thread: what to watch out for besides ROFR! (like we need more to be anxious about :) ) Well- still looking forward to being a DVC member with you! Whenever that is for both of us!

Replying to @Mumof4mice and @Jerry5788 (I have to figure out how to quote multiple people still) Seriously- I know someone else here had posted about a similar circumstance- I guess people don't always do their research to realize that part of the final closing process is to VERIFY the financial standing of what is being sold and make sure that the buyer is completely aware? I'll admit I had to google "estoppel" when we were first started researching . . . but that cleared it up for me. :)

In this case ignorance is no defense. My Seller was an ambulance chaser attorney with her own firm who communicated through her PA (probably herself) because she was so "successful and busy". She knew exactly what she was doing.

In property sales stories abound where liens are discovered after closing and fund dispersal. Timeshare sales would be no different I'm guessing. My title company was experienced and I don't wire funds until getting written confirmation all is in order. So no harm done. Just a whole lot of frustration.

Justme0729---$115-$14037-110-AUL-Feb-0/17, 95/18, 110/19, 110/20-SUBSIDIZED- sent 7/2, passed

Was listed for $120/ point and an international seller. Happy to have found a subsidized contract in the amount of points I needed. Do you guys think this is a fair price for a subsidized Aulani? Not that it matters anymore! Lol

Last edited:
So I have a question as I follow the deeds recorded. What am I missing? How does Disney let the owner of sellingtimeshares.net buy and passes on ROFR contracts at such low prices? Just in the last few weeks AKV contracts recorded as sold at $87 and $85 and a BCV at $120. There is nobody on here that would get the contracts passed at the prices he does and has for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter