ROFR Thread July to Sept 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
NHLFAN---$112.5-$14820-120-AKV-Dec-6/17, 240/18, 120/19- sent 7/17

A bit more than we wanted to pay for AKV but since we were looking to rent additional points it works for us.
Good luck. With double points for 2018 and you only pay half those dues it's a good price.

ach222---$105-$24584-220-AKV-Jun-0/17, 124/18, 220/19, 220/20-international seller- sent 7/19

we decided to try and take the plunge, we aren't dvc owners yet and this is our first try, wish us luck, I don't have super high hopes it will make it through

kmc8826---$138-$23727-160-BLT-Oct-0/16, 0/17, 160/18, 160/19- sent 6/28, passed 7/18

Really excited since we just bought direct with October UY the week submitted this contract. BLT October is really rare so I had started to freak myself out a little bit that it would be taken. Staying at BLT is why we started this whole DVC journey in the first place! Not the best deal ever but as @Bing Showei and @TexasChick123 were talking about above it is a contract that really works perfectly for us!

Congrats! Totally agree with finding the right contract for you and your needs at a price you want to pay.

JoeD07---$143-$15579-100-BLT-Aug-0/17, 200/18, 100/19- sent 7/18

After considering buying for a few years, we finally felt comfortable enough to make an offer. Our offer was accepted and just sent into ROFR today. Hopeful they keep ignoring BLT and we are able to land our first DVC contract. Thanks for building a great community here. You all have been very informative.

Fingers crossed you will be joining the BLT family!

ach222---$105-$24584-220-AKV-Jun-0/17, 124/18, 220/19, 220/20-international seller- sent 7/19

we decided to try and take the plunge, we aren't dvc owners yet and this is our first try, wish us luck, I don't have super high hopes it will make it through

It is international, so I place my bet on PASS on 8-2

If you are buying from an international person what does that mean for you and your taxes? I'm hoping it doesn't affect my taxes. Thanks for your help.

I'm really sorry to hear that they took it. But it wasn't unexpected, certainly. I do wish you better luck next time.

Like a lot of people I'm probably of two minds when it comes to ROFR. On the one hand, I have been ROFRed and didn't like it at all. Plus, it increases what we have to pay to buy more. But, on the other hand, I guarantee that ROFR is helping to maintain the price, and even increase it. Eventually, when we sell, that will theoretically benefit us.

Do you know what happens to most timeshare? You buy it. You use it. And when your needs change and you get tired of paying maintenance fees, you essentially throw it in the garbage. You can try to sell it and people will give you PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR. Literally. Just go out on the market and look. You will be able to buy a week at a great resort, somewhere, for a few hundred dollars, or less. I have had brokers try to GIVE ME weeks. That is what happens when there isn't a company like Disney, supporting the price with ROFR.

I know a lot of people say, "Disney doesn't need to do this. They don't make that much money on ROFR. Why wouldn't they focus on selling their unsold inventory, exclusively?" Well, the reason they don't focus exclusively on their own inventory is that they want to sell that inventory for $182 per point (Copper Creek). They couldn't sell it for that price if people could go out and buy Copper Creek at 100 shares for $100 bucks, like happens with other timeshares. So, by establishing a floor, with ROFR, Disney is really just helping themselves. It is hard, and sometimes some of us need to 'take one for the team,' but in the end it is necessary.

I'm really OK with that explanation, as long as DVC is as diligent in their ROFR 30 years from now as they are today. Who knows, maybe a point will be a few thousand dollars by then???

I am feeling very pessimistic about this because it is only $90 per point. Question for you DVC veterans out there. We want to go to SSR for 8 nights in early February 2019 for 8 nights. How late will I be able to book DVC? I'm assuming my offer quoted will be taken by ROFR and I will have to find a new listing and go through the process all over again. Let's say I dont close until Oct or Nov, will I still be able to book 8 nights at SSR in February or will there be no availability left? Thanks!

I found the DVC Availability Tool at dvcvacations.com. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks awesome!

Ugh- Can I join the throngs of frustrated potential buyers? I've been waiting to post our offer here- but after agreeing on a price, sending in our paperwork and deposit + 3 additional days, the sellers changed their minds about selling . . . 2 weeks ago we also lost an opportunity after we offered exactly what the seller asked, only to also have them change their minds about selling. (sigh)

Ugh- Can I join the throngs of frustrated potential buyers? I've been waiting to post our offer here- but after agreeing on a price, sending in our paperwork and deposit + 3 additional days, the sellers changed their minds about selling . . . 2 weeks ago we also lost an opportunity after we offered exactly what the seller asked, only to also have them change their minds about selling. (sigh)

That's weird. I am currently selling one, and I couldn't send in my paperwork fast enough. As an FYI, there is quite a bit more paperwork as a seller than as a buyer too. I'm sorry this happened to you. The right one with normal sellers will come along.

That's weird. I am currently selling one, and I couldn't send in my paperwork fast enough. As an FYI, there is quite a bit more paperwork as a seller than as a buyer too. I'm sorry this happened to you. The right one with normal sellers will come along.
Thanks! Reading everyone else's stories gets me excited about finding that right one- we thought we'd found it twice other than clearing ROFR, but it'll happen! Looking forward to joining the DVC family!

I know how you are feeling, last week we made an offer with dvcresalemarket.com and the agent called us 1 hour later stating he talked to the seller and they accepted our offer and will be sending over the contract shortly...1 hour later the agent called back and said he made a mistake as they had sold the contract earlier in the day at full price. Very fishy to say the least and it's companies doing things like this that give timeshare sales a bad name and I let Kevin the owner know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!