ROFR Thread July- Sept 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope the wait isn't too long! This will be our 3rd home resort if it passes and the 4th time we've done this process. (we had a contract last yr pass rofr only for the buyers to then go MIA so the sale was a no go) Feeling excited!

Deb123-$78-$7784-100-AK-June-0/17, 0/18, 100/19-sent 7/26

seller to credit $659 at closing for maint fees

Hope the wait isn't too long! This will be our 3rd home resort if it passes and the 4th time we've done this process. (we had a contract last yr pass rofr only for the buyers to then go MIA so the sale was a no go) Feeling excited!

That's a great price! Good luck!!

Good luck!! 63 is such a strange number of points -- I think I saw that contract and wondered why they had picked that amount. Anyway, BLT was our first home, and we love it there. :)

It's usually for a certain room the same time every year. For instance, 63 points at BLT = 21 points X 3 nights in MK view studio during choice season (or 2 nights in a lake view studio during magic season.)

Wow! Everything I read says 30 days. Thanks so much

FYI, for anyone interested:

"... Owners or Cotenants desiring to sell their Unit or Ownership Interest must notify DVD in writing no less than thirty (30) days in advance of the proposed closing date of their intent to sell and must include a copy of the proposed transaction reduced to writing in all respects. On receipt of such written notice, DVD may determine prior to the proposed closing date whether to exercise its right of first refusal set forth in this Article 13. If DVD elects to exercise its right of first refusal, DVD must notify the Owner or Cotenant in writing of such election, and the purchase by DVD must be closed on or before the proposed closing date. If DVD fails to notify the Owner or Cotenant of its election to exercise its right of first refusal prior to the proposed closing date, then the Owner or Cotenant may proceed to close on the transaction with such bona fide third party."

It's usually for a certain room the same time every year. For instance, 63 points at BLT = 21 points X 3 nights in MK view studio during choice season (or 2 nights in a lake view studio during magic season.)

Wouldn't you worry about points shifting slightly in that situation?

Good luck!

Can you format that with the link in post #1 so it can go on the list?

Wouldn't you worry about points shifting slightly in that situation?

Maybe, but it is what it is! People have all sorts of reasons for what they do. Maybe that's the maximum # of points that person could afford at the time they bought direct.

One of life's many mysteries...

Wendy98---$133-$9363-63-BLT-Dec-0/15, 0/16, 63/17, 63/18- sent 7/25

I can't believe I am doing this again! We haven't even had our first stay as owners yet and I am adding on. I am paying a little more for this one since I wanted a small contract--still cheaper than direct.

We paid 135 a point for a 50 dec UY contract earlier this year and like you said much cheaper than direct. I too saw this contact for 63 listed and remarked what a strange amount but after reading scubacat's reply see the logic in 63.

I was scratching my head how they got 63.

not sure how to post my link to page 1. Any help is appreciated

You can't post it there yourself, but just go to the top of the first post and there's a link there (that could be a little bigger or more conspicuous but that's ok :D ). Click that, and it'll take you to a page to format the contract string for you. It'll make sense once you get there. :)

It could also be a 126 point trip every 2 years, or a 189 point trip every 3. The possibilities are endless....

Perhaps the 63 already included a buffer! ;)

I'm at 21 days since ROFR submission. 31 days since offer acceptance. I'm learning a lot about myself in this process. Someone is not as patient as she thought...

FYI, for anyone interested:

"... Owners or Cotenants desiring to sell their Unit or Ownership Interest must notify DVD in writing no less than thirty (30) days in advance of the proposed closing date of their intent to sell and must include a copy of the proposed transaction reduced to writing in all respects. On receipt of such written notice, DVD may determine prior to the proposed closing date whether to exercise its right of first refusal set forth in this Article 13. If DVD elects to exercise its right of first refusal, DVD must notify the Owner or Cotenant in writing of such election, and the purchase by DVD must be closed on or before the proposed closing date. If DVD fails to notify the Owner or Cotenant of its election to exercise its right of first refusal prior to the proposed closing date, then the Owner or Cotenant may proceed to close on the transaction with such bona fide third party."

What is DVD?

You can't post it there yourself, but just go to the top of the first post and there's a link there (that could be a little bigger or more conspicuous but that's ok :D ). Click that, and it'll take you to a page to format the contract string for you. It'll make sense once you get there. :)
I went to the link. For some reason even though I put in all my info , I keep getting a pop up message saying please include all fees in the total cost. Which I am, so not sure why it is not accepting it. Total cost is $7784. ($78/pt x 100 pts=7800+448(closing fees)+$195 (admin fees)=$8443-$659 (seller credit for '18 MF)=$7784

I went to the link. For some reason even though I put in all my info , I keep getting a pop up message saying please include all fees in the total cost. Which I am, so not sure why it is not accepting it. Total cost is $7784. ($78/pt x 100 pts=7800+448(closing fees)+$195 (admin fees)=$8443-$659 (seller credit for '18 MF)=$7784

Wow, another glitch in the matrix. Thanks for letting me know. :thumbsup2

Try selecting "yes" where it asks if the seller is paying closing fees and put that little comment "seller pays '18 MF" in the last field and it should work. :)

I'll have to think of a simple way to account for that situation the next time I do an update. My main goal is to keep it quick and simple while producing an accurate result. Hmmmmm... :scratchin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter