ROFR Thread January to March 2016 *PLEASE USE NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is purely a guess, but perhaps the Disney Guides are complaining that they have no offering for families who like the Poly and the monorail access, but require more than a studio. BLT pricing would allow them a good margin if they sell ROFR'ed units at $168-$170/point, while VGF resales would provide much less margin. (Knocking on wood for my VGF ROFR to go through.)
I haven't seen a VGF not pass ROFR in over 6 months. Good luck!

This is purely a guess, but perhaps the Disney Guides are complaining that they have no offering for families who like the Poly and the monorail access, but require more than a studio. BLT pricing would allow them a good margin if they sell ROFR'ed units at $168-$170/point, while VGF resales would provide much less margin. (Knocking on wood for my VGF ROFR to go through.)
Very interesting and reasonable explanation!

My very first post after watching for a long time (thanks all for posting and tracking!) and it's to share our first DVC purchase going to ROFR!

MinnieB---$96-$25,326-240-BWV-AUG-148/15, 240/16, 240/17-sent March 2

After many Disney trips over the past few years and always debating whether it is worth staying onsite, I can't wait to know that all of our Disney trips for the next 26 years will indeed involve staying onsite and near my favorite resort. Food and wine festival - woo hoo!

I think the odds on this passing are fairly good - but fingers crossed!

Apparently I cursed myself with my optimism, as we were informed today that this contract was taken. As this was the first BWV taken in a long time, and given it was not at an unreasonably low price (a cheaper one recently passed), I can't help but wonder if there isn't a connection between this outcome and the fact that we had attended the actual DVC presentation less than six months ago. Perhaps they saw our name in the system and weren't willing to let us buy resale all that easily if they thought there was still any chance of selling to us direct. Of course that will not happen.

I have already booked our next trip (a long weekend in the fall) at the Swan for a very good price and will need to consult with DH tomorrow as to whether we really want to try again at DVC. I suspect we may agree to interpret this as a sign that it simply wasn't meant to be. Perhaps it will encourage us to diversify how we use our vacation dollars in the future.

Coamfo---$115-$6689-50pt-BWV-Dec-0/14, 50/15, 50/16-sent March 31

Apparently I cursed myself with my optimism, as we were informed today that this contract was taken. As this was the first BWV taken in a long time, and given it was not at an unreasonably low price (a cheaper one recently passed), I can't help but wonder if there isn't a connection between this outcome and the fact that we had attended the actual DVC presentation less than six months ago. Perhaps they saw our name in the system and weren't willing to let us buy resale all that easily if they thought there was still any chance of selling to us direct. Of course that will not happen.

I have already booked our next trip (a long weekend in the fall) at the Swan for a very good price and will need to consult with DH tomorrow as to whether we really want to try again at DVC. I suspect we may agree to interpret this as a sign that it simply wasn't meant to be. Perhaps it will encourage us to diversify how we use our vacation dollars in the future.

Our first contract was taken too. I found an even better fully loaded contract the same day and that one passed ROFR. It really is crazy how they decide. Either way you decide, good luck.

I had that same thought a couple weeks ago, as our contract was going through ROFR , and I was sitting in the DVC meeting on our Magic cruise having a free drink. So, I decided to get a second drink just in case it was taken when we got back from the cruise. Thankfully it wasn't.

Good luck next time.

Ok.. One more time.. I made a mistake on the per point anyway

$135 - 4680 - 30 BCV 30/16 30/17 Sent 3/3
Still waiting :(
Good luck :)! Any day now! But I do need your UY to add you. Could you please report everything in the proper format?

First time poster. Been a lurker on this site for months and learned a ton. Debated about buying into DVC for 3 years and finally decided to do it. Decided to buy resale vs direct thru Disney. We put in an offer yesterday thru TTS and the offer was accepted by the seller. Waiting for Disney's ROFR to go thru...

Drmamabear-$75-$16,875-225-SSR-DEC-2/15-225/16-225-sent March 30. Closing cost $710 and MF $1224.
Best of luck!!! :flower:

Hi everyone! This is my first try purchasing DVC! I'm so nervous and excited! I'm happy for all of you who have passed! I'm sending good thoughts on those still waiting (like me;) ) and for those who are back in the game to try again!

Cinderella624-$85-$10,200-120-SSR-Feb-120/15-120/16-120-17-sent 3/25
Seller pays 2015 MF, Buyer pays 2016 MF and closing costs
:welcome: and best of luck! However, I need your correct total in order to add you.

Wo,

Wow, that is a bit of a surprise. I'm so sorry :(. I don't think they cross-reference names though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter