Riverside or French Quarter ??

Great thread! I have POR booked for February, my firs time staying there, we have a Royal room.

I have stayed at POFQ a couple of times, last time was quite awhile ago. We liked POFQ a lot, and I expect to like POR just as much. My last trip at WDW was All Star Movies, (it was fine and great to save some $$) so I can handle a moderate. (even though we have DVC and are used to deluxe resorts).

would have liked to stay at the poly just a bit too pricey. we decided to forfeit the extra cost went with the moderate and did the deluxe dining instead

The POR vs. POFQ debate similar to a Coke vs. Pepsi debate.
POFQ is like is like Diet Pepsi or Coke. You still get to drink cola, it doesn't taste quite as good but you don't have to deal with putting on the extra pounds (the larger resort hassles) :D
BTW, I prefer Diet Pepsi and my DW prefers Coke. :rotfl:

i know both and i have been sitting here for 10 minutes trying to find just the right word and i think i did. i would choose POR because it is more...........breathable.........the common areas are bigger. the gift shop is one of the best resort gift shops. the lounge is bigger. the pool is bigger. the water slide is longer. the food court is bigger but i gotta tell ya they have done a wonderful job with the menu at POFQ. i dont recommend the table service at Riverside unless you are a cajun lover but that is about the only downside. having said that i would not hesitate to stay at POFQ again, its just if i had my druthers i'd pick POR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!