River Country @ Fort Wilderness

David Johnson

Earning My Ears
I have heard many different things about River Country and its closing. Does anyone have any official information regarding this. And what are the future plans for this if indeed it is closing?:(

Buffalo Junction and FWRR. Geez everbody uses abbreaviations so i have to sit here and think ummmmm what the heck is FWRR. This site needs a thread so that newbies can decipher alll the abbreviations. So what is Buffalo Junction and FWRR?

I dont recall Buffalo Junction, but FWRR stands for The Fort Wilderness Railroad. This was a train that ran through the Fort Wilderness Area in the 70's. I'm not sure when they closed it.

The abreviations can be a bit challanging, even for those of us who have been around a while. Hang in there, you'll get the hang of it.

FWRR was closed mainly for two reasons.

1) The engines chosen were not large enough to hold the enough water and fuel, hence they need to be refueled often.

2) And the Main reason is that the track and bedding was poorly constructed, causeing the train to derail often.

There is an excellant book about Walt Disney and His Trains written by Michael Broggie that is excellant reading. There is a whole chapter about the FWRR. This is where I got my information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter