RIP Thread

and today it was Harry Anderson. Most remember him from Night Court. Another of those good comedies from the 80's

screen-shot-2018-04-16-at-7-00-45-pm-e1523919718884.png

On Saturday, May 5, we took yeti one last time to the vet. His wound on his belly had healed but his kidneys and legs were failing him. He could not get up without help. He was panting a lot, he was in pain. We finally decided it was time. It was the hardest decision ever. We are both completely heartbroken. It was the first pet either one of us had to do this with. Our first dog was sick, in and out of the vet a lot before he finally had a heart attack and died at the vet’s office. This time we were there. I feel guilty and l gave up too soon. My heartache is deep. I know time will help but right now it sucks. Mallory is ok, I spend a lot of time cuddling her. She is not barking as much, apparently she knows that there is no yeti to boss around. We firmly believe her barking was either to tell yeti something or tell us to help yeti.

1314D7FD-AEB0-44A0-9B95-0DC5464AE8FD.jpeg

15F5B9E3-C90E-4906-9919-E590B2B21304.jpeg

F38A0460-750B-4BBF-AE2C-26199BFA2508.jpeg

7F084C21-CF87-4315-BACE-7992C63F068F.jpeg

Attachments

• 2FE391C7-FB39-49D8-AA90-F666A0D4DB07.jpeg
    2FE391C7-FB39-49D8-AA90-F666A0D4DB07.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 3
Oh man, I am speechless right now. I feel like I've lost a Diser. I feel your pain, we had to make the tough decision to have Dixie put to sleep after having had her for 17 years of our lives. It took several weeks to recover and I still have my sit downs on the ground beside her grave from time to time to catch her up on the ongoing situations around the house.

I'll have to figure out how to let my daughters know this evening, they'll be heartbroken as well.

Oh, no. I'm so sorry, Kris & Bert & Mallory too. I can't even imagine your pain. I'm so truly sorry for your family. I must say, I have never met a couple more loving and caring toward their dogs than you two. Seriously. I have read so many stories and grand adventures over the years on the Rockstars, that they have become part of our family too. Even my kids asked this last trip if they were going to be there. Your Yeti, has been truly blessed by you both. If there ever was a Grand Dog Life to live, your Yeti lived it. God Bless you and help you both during this most difficult time.

Kris
Having been in contact with you I have to say I am happy you shared this tragedy here. Hopefully the outpouring of love and comfort offered will help ease the pain. Memories of those he interacted with are those of good and happy times that will reinforce what great parents and grand parents, You, Bert, and Mr and Mrs Bert's Dad and Mom are to him (Despite some who shall remain nameless not sharing her cupcakes with him)

Kris,

I'm sorry to hear the news. You and Bert gave Yeti the best love and care in his final years in a home that included lots of trips to the Fort.

My condolences.

ED

Kris,

I have no doubt it was the right time. You and Bert may question, but you knew Yeti better than anyone. With the others, I'm so sorry and wish I could do more. I'm just glad we all had the chance to pet and know Yeti. Ian especially. He is the 'real' dog person in our house.

j

So sorry for your loss, I know exactly what you're going through. It does get easier but that guilt of making the decision hangs in there. You did the right thing at the right time. Keep telling yourself that because it's true. :hug:
Bailey and Yeti died within days of coming back from the Fort. I think they had to go to their happy place one more time.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm typing this with tears in my eyes. Although we've never had the chance to meet the Rockstars,
my family has enjoyed their many adventures and we are thankful that you shared them with us.
Many of us know how difficult it is to make the decision when that time comes, but you guys were so lucky to have Yeti as he was lucky to have you.
Try to always keep the happy thoughts through this tough time.

Oh, no. I'm so sorry, Kris & Bert & Mallory too. I can't even imagine your pain. I'm so truly sorry for your family. I must say, I have never met a couple more loving and caring toward their dogs than you two. Seriously. I have read so many stories and grand adventures over the years on the Rockstars, that they have become part of our family too. Even my kids asked this last trip if they were going to be there. Your Yeti, has been truly blessed by you both. If there ever was a Grand Dog Life to live, your Yeti lived it. God Bless you and help you both during this most difficult time.
I agree with everything you wrote. Kris and Bert go above and beyond in the care they give their furbabies. Thank you for expressing it so well!

Kris
Having been in contact with you I have to say I am happy you shared this tragedy here. Hopefully the outpouring of love and comfort offered will help ease the pain. Memories of those he interacted with are those of good and happy times that will reinforce what great parents and grand parents, You, Bert, and Mr and Mrs Bert's Dad and Mom are to him (Despite some who shall remain nameless not sharing her cupcakes with him)
Mike, thank you for including us in your thoughts.

Will try and keep sadness to this post. I want to reply to each of you but as you can imagine it is so hard. I truly appreciate all the kind words and tears shed for my yeti. It was a hard day today not sure why, could be because I dreamt about him last night or just that I had to show up at work all day. Again I wish I could say more, it hurts so deep.

Thanks all for being so kind and loving to me.

IMG_1500767456154.jpg

Hickory RIP, today we lost our little girl. We adopted her Memorial Day Weekend, 2011.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts