Rides

Jessica Rust

Mouseketeer
So my fast pass window is coming up and I am making my strategies. I had a couple questions though. This trip is just my mom and I. She does not do thrill rides at all. The slow rides are about all she can handle. If I want to ride say 7 Dwarfs, can she stay in line with me and then just not ride when we get to the front? How do they handle single riders on rides that aren't officially designated as single riders? Thanks!

So my fast pass window is coming up and I am making my strategies. I had a couple questions though. This trip is just my mom and I. She does not do thrill rides at all. The slow rides are about all she can handle. If I want to ride say 7 Dwarfs, can she stay in line with me and then just not ride when we get to the front? How do they handle single riders on rides that aren't officially designated as single riders? Thanks!
She would have to have a fast pass to enter the line with you but all rides have a chicken exit so she could go out and wait

For 7DMT you may be asked to sit with another group. I go alone a lot and half the time I sit with someone else

You could just book the fast pass for yourself and she could use her fast pass on a different ride that is close by at the same time. As others stated, she would have to have a fast pass for it as well to be able to be in line with you. I've gone up before as a single rider and they normally have a designated row that is for the single riders and you can end up alone or riding with another single rider. I do think the best thing would be for you two to schedule fast passes for different rides at the same time, but still close to each other.

If you have a FP for 7D (or any other ride), your mom won't be able to enter the line with you unless she also has a FP. She can enter any standby line with you and wait with you, then right before you board the ride, she can just tell the cast member that she wants to exit.

Some rides without single rider lines just let the single person ride alone, other times they will seat another single person next to you. On rides with ride vehicles like Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, etc, they never put another person with you. On rides like 7D, and Thunder Mountain, you may have a stranger seated next to you.

Can she do a switch off here? Ride the train while the mom waits, the go again with moms fastpass?

Can she do a switch off here? Ride the train while the mom waits, the go again with moms fastpass?

Yes. If a FP was made for both of them on the ride, she could just use her Mom's band to go a second time. That assumes that Mom is okay with losing her FastPass, but that's a personal decision. She may not even care about riding something else without her daughter.

To the OP, 7DMT doesn't really accommodate Single Riders. There is no specific queue for them. You will be seated with someone else form an odd-numbered party.

Some rides do have a dedicated Single Rider queue. These are Test Track, Rock'n Roller Coaster, and Expedition Everest (Be warned, the RNRC one doesn't really move that fast).

There are a few places to sit and people watch closeby 7DMT that mom could sit ( over by the bathrooms,) and people watch, the gift shop for pooh is small but she could do this while you FP 7DMT. Also, philhermagic is close by if mom wants to do a show normally the line is not too bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter