Ride Seating Arrangement?

mabas9395

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I
I thought I saw somewhere on the Net a list of the seating arrangements of the different rides at DL. There are five of us with DW, DS9, DS6 and DD5 and I wanted to know ahead of time which rides are two seaters, three seaters, four seaters, etc. I know I've seen it somewhere, but I just can't remember where.

I'm the guy who posted a few days ago about trying to get an excel list of the DL and DCA rides. I made the list and now I want to add this as a column to help me in my travel plan.

Thanks

I would appreciate this info as well. DSnearly2 will need a parent along on his rides, and I'm not even sure DS5 would go on a ride by himself, so we're more interested in 2-seaters that parent + child can ride, or maybe 4-seaters the whole family can ride together (if there is such a thing!)

I have information on which rides are appropriate for small children, just need to know the seating arrangement. Thanks, mabas9395, for asking!

The CMs are really good about dividing people up correctly. You might not all be in the same car (mom with 2 kids, dad with 1 etc...) but you'll all be riding by each other.

I'll do my best. I'm only going to talk about rides with individual seating or where a group might be separated.

In DL:
Tomorrowland:
Space Mountain--2 seats next to eachother, 6 seats per rocket
Buzz Lightyear--2-3 per spaceship
Autopia--2 per vehicle
Astro-orbiter--2-3 per rocket

Adventureland:
Indy--4 across, 3 rows per vehicle

Frontierland:
Big Thunder--2-3 per row, 3 rows per car

New Orleans Square:
Haunted Mansion--2-3 per doom buggy
Pirates--3-4 per row

Critter Country:
Splash--single file (2 people can fit on rear seat) up to 8 passengers per log
Pooh--2 per seat, 6 seats per beehive

Fantasyland:
Peter Pan--2-3 per boat
Snow White--I think 2 per vehicle (I never ride this)
Pinocchio--4 per vehicle
Mr. Toad--2-3 per car
Alice in Wonderland--up to 4 in a vehicle
Matterhorn--up to 2 people in a seat
Dumbo--2 per elephant
Teacups--I wouldn't try to fit more than 3 in a teacup
It's a Small World--2-3 per row

Toontown:
Roger Rabbit: 2 per car
Gadget's Go Coaster--2 per seat (note that this is a tight fit for adults)

In DCA:
Monsters--2 per row, 6 per vehicle
TOT--3 or 4 in a row
CA Screamin'--2 per row
Muholland Madness--2 per row (4 per vehicle)
Jumpin' Jellyfish--2 per seat
Golden Zephyr--2 per row
Heimilich's Chew Chew Train--2 per row
Francis's Ladybug Boogie--3-4 should be no problem
I'm not familiar with the rest of Bug's Land to give seating details.

Everything else will be no problem for everyone to sit together. Also note that if anyone will be riding solo, it will end up being the 9yo because under 7 must ride with an adult. They will try to separate you into 2 in one vehicle (or row) and 3 in another if at all possible, though.

The above list is very good! Just thought I would add that we ride three to a seat on some that you have listed as two though. :-) It's usally just me and my two kids so we have to ride all together.

I have ridden many, many time with a 5 and 6 year old on these rides:

Autopia
Pooh
Dumbo
Roger Rabbit
Heimlich's Chew Chew train

I am really hoping to get DS5 to go on Splash Mountain with me; sounds like if we could sit in the back seat we could sit together! Otherwise I'm sure he would not do it.

Alex2kMommy My dad just sat behind my daughter when she was five and held on to her from the back. This worked out great for us. We just made sure that she knew he was going to be holding on to her and she would be fine.

my husband told my kids they had to try his favorite ride, splash mtn, once, and if they hated it never again would they have to ride it. they were fine until that last drop, boy is that a doozy!

I"m going with 3 kids under 7 (ages 2, 4, and 6) Dad will be joining us the last 2 days (we will be there for 5 days). Does this mean that we can't ride a lot of the rides? I just figured that we could either all squish or the 4 and 6 year old could go together and the 2 year old and I could ride together (the 4 and 6 year old have been quite a few times so they know what to expect in the rides.) Hmmm, I didn't really think about the seating arrangements...I suppose if it came down to it we could just do a lot of the rides on the days dad comes.

CNDKangaroo said:
I"m going with 3 kids under 7 (ages 2, 4, and 6) Dad will be joining us the last 2 days (we will be there for 5 days). Does this mean that we can't ride a lot of the rides? I just figured that we could either all squish or the 4 and 6 year old could go together and the 2 year old and I could ride together (the 4 and 6 year old have been quite a few times so they know what to expect in the rides.) Hmmm, I didn't really think about the seating arrangements...I suppose if it came down to it we could just do a lot of the rides on the days dad comes.

You should be able to ride almost everything without dad. The only things you won't be able to do are things with height requirements.

You can sit together on Pirates and Small World.

2 can ride in the front and 2 can ride in the back of most Fantasyland rides (same car)

Thank-you. I've explained the height requirements to the kids and we were planning on doing the "bigger" rides when Dad came. My son, who 2 years ago only wanted to ride casey Jr. train and alice, has decided that he wants to ride all the rides he is tall enough for including indianna jones and tower of terror! This is going to be some trip!

CNDKangaroo, do you think it's because he's matured so much in the last 2 years? Or because he CAN and the younger siblings can't? :rotfl:

We are just beginning the sibling rivalry stuff in our house; thankfully DS1 is oblivious to it for the most part...

iceskatejen said:
Critter Country:
Splash--single file (2 people can fit on rear seat) up to 8 passengers per log
Pooh--2 per seat, 6 seats per beehive

Sorry to hi-jack, but I have not been to the DLR versions of these rides, only WDW's, and I am having a hard time picturing the ride vehicles, especially for Spalsh..is it the same but thinner?

Alex2kMommy said:
CNDKangaroo, do you think it's because he's matured so much in the last 2 years? Or because he CAN and the younger siblings can't? :rotfl:

We are just beginning the sibling rivalry stuff in our house; thankfully DS1 is oblivious to it for the most part...

I would guess it is because his younger siblings can't!! His sister, 4, has decided she wants to try splash because she is just tall enough, they keep trying to one-up one another! I told them that we'd start off with the tamer rides and if they were fine with those we'd move onto the "bigger" rides. We had a great time the year he only wanted to do the two rides (even bailed on Small world!) so I don't mind taking their lead. I'm going to stay out late by myself one night (my gift to myself for being with the three kids alone for 3 days!) so I don't feel any pressure to take them on rides they'd rather not go on!

Splash is sort of classic style log ride. It started out with 3 sections of seats--2 in front (sitting single file--one in front of the other) 2-3 in the middle (same way) and 2-3 in back. A few years ago, they made the seats individual, making there be fewer seats in each log. Recently, they made the logs a little longer and made the space between seats a bit tighter to fit more people. Originally the logs seated 8, then when they went individual, 5, and now they can fit 8 again. To me, MK's Splash logs are wierd with the side by side seating, but I actually like them better than DL's current logs because the current logs are such a tight fit. I'm only 5'4", but my legs are too long to fit comfortably in the front anymore. And anywhere else in the log feels like a tight squeeze.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter