Ride order

littlejen22

DIS Veteran
F you wanted to do Fantasyland and Tomorrowland on one day, what order would you do the rides?

And if you wanted to do TS land, GG, MM, and Adventureland on one day, what order would you hit the rides?

We plan on being in HK for 15 days next year and would be going for probably 3 full days, maybe more or possibly two full days plus a few half days. My main thing would be to get in the rides on two days and then have the rest of the time for characters (my youngest will be 6 and it will still be a priority for her) and the shows plus the railroad.

We went last year and spend two days there for 3/4 day each but Mystic Manor was not open yet and the kids were not into coasters so we did not do Grizzly Gulch or Space Manor, we also skipped Orbitron and the Tea Cups since we also went to WDW last year and we needed to prioritize the rides.

You shouldn't have any trouble doing all the rides in 2 days, especially if you're not including characters, shows or the railroad.

In FL and TL, the rides with the longest waits were Autopia, Dumbo and Winnie the Pooh. Winnie the Pooh has FP, so I wouldn't be too concerned about that, but I would probably hit Autopia first thing, then Dumbo.

In all the other lands the waits were all less than 15 minutes. Probably depends what time of year you're going though. We've always been there on week days at the beginning of March (just after Chinese New Year) and it's always been quiet.

Thanks. We will be going end of June or beginning of July. I know, hot as hell! Now that the both kids are in school I don't think we want to take them both of school for that long so we are looking at summer which skinks for many reasons. We will definitely go to the park during the week only as we will buy the lowest season pass.

Last year when we went first thing in the morning I know we got a FP for Winnie and then did Dumbo and the Carosuel. We definitely waited a while for the Slinky ride though, if I remember correctly it was over a half hour and it was lightly raining. We were there the week before Easter. Looking back I have no clue what we did in the parks because we saw no shows, only went on the Adventureland and Fantasyland rides plus Buzz. Oh, wait, we spent half a day doing princesses!

Any suggestions on Meet and Greets? I might have to dedicate on day to characters and parades. I cannot remember if the meet and greets are all day in the gardens, I thought they stopped the princesses after a while. I do know for sure they did not print the times and would not let me take a pic of their schedule.

Any suggestions on Meet and Greets? I might have to dedicate on day to characters and parades. I cannot remember if the meet and greets are all day in the gardens, I thought they stopped the princesses after a while. I do know for sure they did not print the times and would not let me take a pic of their schedule.

The gardens do have a schedule. Not sure what it is. The characters we saw there were Minnie, Winnie the Pooh, Goofy, and Donald in Chinese outfit (replacing Mulan). Mickey was also there, but I already have a lot of photos with him, so he wasn't a priority. The pavilions are kind of themed after the characters, so I imagine they're pretty much the same all the time.

For princesses, try the HKDL Hotel. We met Cinderella, Belle and Aurora in the lobby during the day. Goofy also does meets at the Hollywood Hotel.

We met the Brother Bear characters, and Mickey and Minnie in cowboy outfits in Grizzly Gulch. There are Toy Story characters in Toy Story Land, not sure if there's any special characters in the Mystic Manor area. I think there are also characters in the Town Square area. Can't remember the details about that though.

Don't miss the parade! It's absolutely fantastic, the best I've seen by far :thumbsup2 It's one of those interactive ones, so make sure you get a front row spot so your kids can participate. Last time we were there, we walked out of a shop about 10 minutes before the parade start time, and straight into a front row spot right on the curb :goodvibes You might have to put a bit more time into it in the height of summer though.

We were there last week and it was HOT. Unbearably so after lunchtime. We bought lot's of bottled water, wet face washers and also an umbrella. My best tips for that time of year is get there at open, do GG and then MM, then walk back to TS Playland.

In line before opening there wasn't much shade, but the 30 mins between the gates opening and then the rope drop can easily be spent cooling off in the Main Street Shops. There was also plenty of water stops with taps made easy for filling bottles with water.

After about noon the crowds were huge. Autopia had a 120 minute wait, Oribitron was an hour and Winnie the Pooh was 90 minutes - they ran out of fastpasses for Winnie the Pooh and Space Mountain by 2pm.

We ended up leaving about 2pm and having 2 half days. They were roping off for the parade by about 2pm, and the shady places seemed to already be filling up.

I think as long as you aren't planning on staying there all day, and you have multiple entry days you'll be fine :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter