Ride Help ???

PoohPrincess76

<font color=magenta>I can't believe I have nothing
DH and I are getting ready to expand our family. We have a trip to DL planned in Jan. for DDs b-day. My question is...which rides will I not be able to go on if I am pregnant?

There's really not that many, at DL at least....
Any of the coasters (space thunder splash mountains, matterhorn), autotopia, Indiana Jones, if you're showing you won't be able to go on Star Tours, though I've been on it with all three of my pregnancies early, tea cups. I'm trying to think of any others......
I think more at DCA, the ones I can think of off top of my head....just about everything in Paradise Pier, Tower, Soarin'.
And, even with those, you will (unless something changes dramatically) be able to stand in line with your family if/when they go on any of those rides and walk through at the end.

I rode every ride at DL while 12 weeks pregnant. Of course I didn't know I was pregnant at the time, because I didn't test positive until 13 weeks. What a big surprise when they did an ultrasound and I was a lot further along that everyone that.

I don't remember which rides Disney specifically has signs saying no pregnant women, but I know all the rollercoasters.
Off the top of my head:
Space Mountain
Autopia (don't want someone bumping way too hard)
Matterhorn
Indy
Thunder mountain
California Screamin
Maliboomer
Tower of Terror
star tours

I think I would be uncomfortable going on anything too rough, or fast. When I rode fast rides I didn't feel well afterward.

I am really not a rough and fast girl. But, I love Splash Mountain, POTC, Soarin'...maybe it will be better to wait! DH hasn't been to DL since Grad Nite in 92! I want to enjoy things with him and DD.

I will be 31 weeks pregnant when we go, my rule of thumb is anything my daughter (3 yrs) can go on I can go on. With the exception of the tea cups but I don't like that one anyway.

PoohPrincess76 said:
I am really not a rough and fast girl. But, I love Splash Mountain, POTC, Soarin'...maybe it will be better to wait! DH hasn't been to DL since Grad Nite in 92! I want to enjoy things with him and DD.

Pirates of the Caribbean and Soarin' shouldn't be a problem. Splash Mountain is probably out though.

imjen said:
Pirates of the Caribbean and Soarin' shouldn't be a problem. Splash Mountain is probably out though.

Yep. Both of those are just fine :thumbsup2 Like others have said, the only rides they specifically prohibit pregnant women from going on are the biggies (Big Thunder, Splash, Space, Matterhorn, Indy, Star Tours) and Autopia. My oldest is the same age as CA so I haven't done that pregnant, but I would guess the no-nos there would be Tower of Terror, the rides on the pier, and Mullhulands. Maybe Grizzly too, but I think it'd be fine.

I made sure to check out soarin's warnings in both DCA and Epcot, and they had no warnings for expectant moms! Enjoy it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter