Rhine River Cruise: Christmas markets

jenk824824

Earning My Ears
I'm considering the Rhine River cruise: Christmas markets for this December. If the cruise leaves on December 22nd, aren't the markets all closed by then? Will I have an opportunity to visit any of them? Also, planning to travel with 3 teen girls. Are there activities for them to do at night on board? Thanks!

River cruising is Not for teens imho… it’s much more laid back evenings.. think a bar, a piano player, cocktails and a refresh after visiting the port stop. The clientele is decidedly older. Research your specific itinerary choice as imho it is not a draw for teens or young children. Best of luck deciding.

River cruising is Not for teens imho… it’s much more laid back evenings.. think a bar, a piano player, cocktails and a refresh after visiting the port stop. The clientele is decidedly older. Research your specific itinerary choice as imho it is not a draw for teens or young children. Best of luck deciding.
Actually, the OP is asking about an Adventures by Disney River Cruise (this is the Adventures by Disney forum you posted in) which are specifically geared towards families. The clientele skews much younger on ABD river cruises. So your answer isn't correct in this case.

The Adventure Guides on the ABD cruises will generally have activities onboard in the evenings for the kids if they want to participate, including the teens.

Sayhello

We were on the Danube Christmas Market cruise some years ago. My daughter was 15. There was an amazing group of teens that really had a great time. They still keep in touch today and our families have gone on subsequent land ABDs. The ABD guides do an amazing job of creating activities for the different age groups on board. It felt like they were always involved in something fun :-)

The markets were incredible and we have considered the Rhine trip as well. I think we left on the 21st and yes I think some of the markets were closing around that time. I looked into each market that we would be visiting and got start and end dates and such prior to going so I had an idea of what to expect.

Actually, the OP is asking about an Adventures by Disney River Cruise (this is the Adventures by Disney forum you posted in) which are specifically geared towards families. The clientele skews much younger on ABD river cruises. So your answer isn't correct in this case.

The Adventure Guides on the ABD cruises will generally have activities onboard in the evenings for the kids if they want to participate, including the teens.

Sayhello
thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter